ONE WEEK AT A TIME – To Start March 5, 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

What kind of a restaurant is it, Barbara? Italian?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Allie – I think it’s Portuguese, a chain. Barbara – I’d opt for just whatever your preference of chicken is and a mix leaf salad, may be with some avocado and/or portobello mushroom. Try to avoid sugary drinks and alcohol if you can. Most importantly, enjoy your evening out and don’t panic if you have a few more calories than you allowed for – it will balance out along the way.

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Happy Saturday, another day with almost nothing lost but feeling positive because I’m sure some of the jelly belly has gone. That’s enough to keep me motivated, that and the fact I’m thinking about my internal fat getting eaten.

Just made a delicious and super fast Greek omelette which I had with a green salad. I’ve been skipping breakfast because I’d rather have 1 meal but it was a bit of a struggle doing the supermarket shopping. No surprise there!

I too am a Brit living in France. Been here just 6 months

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am having a break from reports to chat to you all !
    It’s so interesting to hear where you are all from. Skipping ..whereabouts in France are you ? Sunshine girl is in Brittany.I am in the South West ( Toulouse/Montauban region) and have been here since 1990. Living in France hasn’t prevented me putting on weight throughout the years….but I am pretty confident I have got this cracked now at age 60 😉 I won’t be going back to my old habits. I am going to be FAB U LOUS in retirement ( I have said that before haven’t I 😉 😉

Hello Alice2B and welcome ! You have made a great start .
    Have a look at this article on dietdoctor.com. It might reassure you about cholesterol. Eggs and butter are no longer ‘demonized ‘. I understand that it is more important to lower triglycerides.
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/cholesterol-basics
    Here’s what it says about foods to lower cholesterol.

Five ways to lower your LDL on a keto or low-carb lifestyle
    Regardless of the uncertainty regarding elevated LDL cholesterol in low-carbers, there’s no need to abandon this way of eating and its many benefits.
    Here are a five ways you can reduce your total and LDL cholesterol levels while maintaining a keto or low-carb lifestyle. Consider trying them in this order.
    1. Avoid Bulletproof coffee
    Bulletproof coffee refers to adding butter, coconut fat or MCT oil in coffee. Don’t drink significant amounts of fat at all when you’re not hungry. This alone can sometimes normalize elevated cholesterol levels.
    2. Eat only when hungry
    Only eat when hungry and consider adding intermittent fasting. This consistently reduces cholesterol levels.
    3. Eat more unsaturated fats
    Unsaturated fats include fats like olive oil, fatty fish and avocados. Whether it will improve your health is unknown, but it will lower your cholesterol. And if your cholesterol levels are abnormally high that may be enough of a reason, to minimize potential risk.
    Preferably avoid processed vegetable and seed oils, which are loaded with inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids. Instead, select natural fats like olive oil, macadamia oil, and avocado oil.
    4. Eat LDL-lowering keto-friendly foods
    These low-carb plant foods may help lower cholesterol levels somewhat:

• Avocado: An analysis of 10 studies found that eating avocado on a regular basis led to a significant decrease in LDL cholesterol.
    • Green vegetables: Dark leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables bind to bile acids, which are excreted as waste rather than reabsorbed in the gut, ultimately resulting in slightly lower blood cholesterol. To maximize this effect, you may want to steam your greens rather than eating them raw.
    • Cocoa and dark chocolate: In addition to lowering LDL cholesterol, cocoa and dark chocolate might help protect LDL from becoming oxidized or damaged.
    In order to get these benefits, make sure to choose chocolate that contains at least 85% cocoa.
    • Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are rich in fiber and monounsaturated fats, which can help lower cholesterol. One analysis of 25 studies found that eating two servings of nuts per day reduced LDL cholesterol by an average of 7%.
    5. Eat more carbs
    Finally, if step 1-4 are not enough: Consider whether you really need to be on a strict keto diet for health reasons.
    If a more moderate or liberal diet (e.g. 50–100 grams of carbs per day) can still work for you, it will also likely lower your cholesterol. Just remember to choose good unprocessed carb sources (e.g. not wheat flour or refined sugar).

All the very best to you and keep posting !

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hello Wendleg, your geography is a bit out, I live in Aquitaine near Bergerac. Tant pis, c’est pas grave.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Désolée, SG ! Where did I get the idea you were in Brittany ??
    Bergerac is much warmer and good for the airport !
    Maybe skipping through the tulips lives in Brittany ??? 😉

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi sunshine-girl, you are really kicking the negative numbers out of the park. Reducing statins is on my mind for my mum so I found a blog with useful research for her to read. She is reading Gary Taubes this week as she is concerned about my diet. She has maintained healthy weight with low fat and lowish carb, and thinks saturated fat dangerous.
    http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2015/04/statins-and-diabetes.html?m=1
    I like Amy Berger, her writing style is rigorous yet informal. She also writes about identifying insulin resistance early and Alzheimer’s connection to diabetes.

on

No, I’m near Avignon, PACA. Off to do some brocanting ( if that’s a verb). Woke up to beautiful blue sky now it’s clouded over.
    I’m still feeling very low on the energy front. Is this normal at the end of the first week?

Happy Sunday to you all

• posted by On a mission
    on

Hi
    I’m approaching the end of my first week too but I’m not feeling tired, but I guess it’s different for all of us. One thing I’ve found is I’m not as hungry if I follow the recipe directly with the fat. For example if it says one tablespoon of olive oil or a teaspoon of butter use all of it. Also drinking lots of water, including sparkling, helps loads. I am honestly drinking 2 litres a day easily and especially in the evenings. We had a family night last night and all had a beer but me. To be honest I didn’t miss it at all. I think this is really stopping me from feeling tired.

on

Hi everyone, all is still good with me after a still sober weekend – sound like an alkie. I did dry January, most of February and not had a drink in March (YET). I will be good today and fasting from 8.30pm – 12 hours before my blood test. Fingers crossed. Blood glucose this morning was 6.0 and hoping for an HbA1c of around that number or lower. Will report back with my results later tomorrow or will leave it to Tuesday with my weekly check in.

• posted by Nicola12
    on

Hi all,

Loving all the amazing success stories on here! It’s been a good first week for me. Not got on the scales yet, but I will on Wednesday which will be the end of my first week.

I feel like I’m on the right track for the first time since I fell off the wagon last year and it feels GOOD! Tomorrow I start a RunBet which will help me go from 0 to running 5k in 6 weeks. I’ve just finished a 6 week StepBet which had got my daily steps up from about 2000 to 9000. So I’m hoping the running will continue to help me on my journey to a healthier me!

• posted by wendleg
    on

All the best for your blood test SG and well done on staying dry 😉
    You are also in a lovely part of France, Skipping ! I love a brocante / vide grenier but it’s bit early round here. You can’t keep me in on a Sunday morning when the ‘season ‘ begins ! Made do with the local market this morning and bought loads of greens including a massive bunch of watercress, I’d almost say ‘bouquet’ as it is huge ! I also found some Camelina oil which tasted interesting …..a bit nutty . It’s often called ‘false flax’ . I can also use it as moisturiser 😉
    Your energy levels will soon improve, Skipping, don’t worry.
    Well done on foregoing the beer On a Mission !
    Hope everyone is having a good Weekend . Wondering how the Nando’s meal went, Barbara ?
    Ria-tor I would be interested to know what delicious foods you can find in Hong Kong ?
    I am back at work tomorrow, but my reports are all done which cheers me immensely !

• posted by Barbara k
    on

Nando’s went well, I had my app on my phone and looked up Nando’s cal content. Had a quarter of a chicken with a large mixed leaf salad. I made my own dressing with olive oil and balsamic rather than their creamy dressing. I drank sparkling water and chose to drive. Today I’ve been making some recipes to go in the freezer so I’m not left without a ‘ready meal’. I like Cafe Delites website they have a low carb section and at the end of the recipe there is a good nutritional break down so you can track carbs etc. Today I made sundried tomato cheesy meatballs and had a portion with cauliflower rice. Also made chicken cacciatore ready for tomorrow as I work on Mondays. My first class ends at 2:45 and my next class starts at 6pm, I can eat at 4 ish and that’s it till the next day, I don’t get home till after 9 so it’s helps with my TRE.
    Keep up the good work everyone

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on navigating your evening out Barbara and thanks for the Cafe Delites tip, had a look at the website and there are definitely some recipes I’ll be giving a try.

• posted by Alice2B
    on

thankyou for the links, wendleg. I’ve started adding in a portion of nuts each day and having lots of spinach. I’m also considering taking a tblsp olive oil neat as well. Hoping that this alongside increased exercise and weight loss will push my levels down.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Help! Someone else lease say something inspiring!! I kind of fell off the wagon and have realized that I can’t keep nuts in the house anymore (was literally the only thing I could binge on…and I did). I’ve been so discouraged by the lack of weight and inches lost over the last two weeks that I went off the rails. I’ve been doing the 8hr TRE for the last two weeks and because of evening commitments (yoga and Spanish classes), I have to eat earlier so I struggle with hunger pangs and just wanting to stuff myself when I get home around 10pm. In the interests of full disclosure, I have had to come off my anti-depressants because of hideous side effects (the third one I’ve tried in three months) so I’m really struggling and wanting to self soothe with food. I know I just need to keep going and get back into it and seeing some positive results will help with that so fingers crossed for this upcoming week. Thanks for listening and all the previous support.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Tomorrow is a brand new day , a beginning of a brand new Week Kafin 13. Forget it and move on. Nuts are not the worst things you can binge on ( thinking donuts, biscuits and other c**p foods) but you have learnt that nuts are a trigger so banish them until you are more in control.
    I can’t remember who said this on the forum ( Clarinet Cathy ??)

You can’t go back and change the beginning
    But you can start where you are and change the ending

It might be useful in moments like now.
    Seeing results , and you will …will give you the motivation you need .Keep going, two weeks is a short time and you have to deal with the depression issues, so not easy. Don’t allow yourself any food at 10pm but make sure you are eating foods that keep you satiated in your eating window.

Hunger is Nothing To Fear.Nothing terrible will happen .It comes and goes and you can manage it ,you really can and you will feel empowered by doing so. You may not be experiencing true hunger , try drinking more water. Have you thought about keeping a food journal so you can remain accountable and track your progress ?
    Read JGwen’s post again. She talks a lot of sense and her reserach is remarkable.
    Stay with us on the weekly thread. There will be a new one starting Tuesday. We will be looking out for you !
    Keep going Kafin13 ! Nobody said this would be easy but it is so worth it

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks Wendleg – this came right when I needed it. I’ve just worked out the times when I should eat co accommodate my food and life schedule and written a list of activities I can do when I get home to distract myself. I do keep a food journal (as well as my online calorie one) – in fact, I have an excel spreadsheet with a tab for exercise, one for food and one for measurements that I update daily (yes, I am a control freak and lists make me happy!). I drink 32oz of water a day, sometimes a little more but maybe I need to up that. I’ve also taken JGwen’s advice and plugged in my protein and carb numbers so I can make up the balance with healthy fats (aiming for 50g a day). I think at the moment, it’s the willpower and depression that’s beating me, certainly was less challenging on meds but hoping to get new ones on the 20th so until then I’m going to hang in there. And yes, I will see you all next week. Thanks for the helpful advice

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi Kafin13, I’m totally with you on the nuts issue. I’m a chocoholic and at the beginning I really needed something I could eat and class as my “treat” when things weren’t going well or I needed my chocolate fix. Especially in weeks 3 to 5 when the scales refused to budge! I know nuts are low in carbs so I decided they would be a good substitute for my chocolate. However, for some unknown reason, supermarkets don’t sell small bags. I thought I’d buy a large bag and split it up myself. Oh if only! I ate the whole 400g bag that night…..then decided to check the calorie count and was totally shocked……over 2000 cals. So, since then I’ve not bought nuts in the supermarket and only occasionally share a small bag with OH when in pub. I realised that if I can’t control myself then best not to buy it! I still managed to lose 16lbs in the 8 weeks so don’t despair or beat yourself up about it. Forget it and carry on as normal. Hiccups will happen but main thing is not to let them ruin all the good work you’ve done. Start afresh tomorrow

on

Hi Kafin13, I personally cannot do TRE as it brings on real hunger. As an example, I always have not breakfast on Sunday but a 11 am brunch, then I have a full roast dinner (minus the carbs) at around 6.30 to 7 pm. Because I have actually missed a meal I am ravenous by 10pm. I do have calories left over for a snack but unfortunately, I am having full bloods done tomorrow and have to fast for 12 hours so started at 8.30 pm. Thinking of that, have you tried saving a few calories to allow for a snack or are you hell bent on not eating out of your time zones. Part of the success of this diet is planning and being organised. That means having something BSD friendly and low in calories that you can snack on. A plain yoghurt, a cube of cheese, slice of cold meat. Just enough for you to feel you have had something. There is nothing wrong with a few nuts and if it took you over the daily calorie allowance, as Wendleg says, tomorrow is another day. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I know, right!!! Where are the two nuts to a bag options (not that I’m condoning excessive packaging!). Have decided that if I have included nuts in my meal plan that day, I’ll go to a bulk bin place and only buy the amount I need. And yes, I did a similar “whole bag” thing too! Although it must have been frustrating for you in weeks 3-5, it’s encouraging to hear that everyone stalls despite doing everything right. Thank you for your encouraging words 🙂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks Sunshine-girl. I usually have some spare calories so I think if I get really desperate, I’ll do as you say and just have a small something. I do want to stick with the TRE window so it might just be a case of slogging it out until it gets easier. Good luck with bloods tomorrow!

• posted by Ria-tor
    on

Hi everyone

Today is the start of week 3 for me. Discarded 3 1/2 lbs in week 2 bringing my total to 9.5lbs. Am thrilled with that, clothes already feeling looser and I’m not feeling as lethargic as I did.

Wendleg, food is great but expensive over here. Lots of choice. I can get American, Australian, French, Japanese brands and a few Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and Tesco items in various supermarkets here. And we have Marks and Spencer’s food halls but with less product lines than the uk. That does mean I’m visiting about 7 stores though for my weekly shop which is quite annoying, bit it means I walk about 8km on grocery shopping day so I get some excercise.
    There are so many different types of leafy greens I’m spoilt for choice and I can get nice freshly made tofu and fresh shitake mushrooms. A lot of my favourite local foods are not suitable on the fast800, very carb heavy. I had to give those up when I became gluten intolerant just over a year ago. I’m not able to get a lot of gluten free items here which isn’t a bad thing now I’ve started this WoE.

• posted by CockneyLady47
    on

Good morning all. I don’t know what I am getting, in adddition to the support I already have, but I have signed up for the 12 week 800 course. I am hoping it is worth the money.

on

Good Morning Everyone,

Have a couple of food related questions for those living in France.

Do you know where to get either konica noodles or Kale? I’m not surprised but i thought kale would be easier to find- alas no. Used to eat loads of the stuff when we lived in Spain and now I can’t find it I’m starting to crave it.

Nice and sunny but blowing a blooming holly here.

Happy Monday !

• posted by Fr0d0
    on

Blood test this morning and I’m down from 54 to 46. 110kg down from 125 when last measured a month ago. Nurse no longer wants to see me. She was shocked at my results and remembered I was on a Mediterranean Diet (close enough!) avoiding carbs. I reassured her that I was following a doctors advice (MM) and she was very happy for me.

Welcome along newcomers. Good to see so many joining in.

• posted by Custardcrumble
    on

Morning all! Hit the dreaded plateau end of last week to today. Great to read all of your experience with this – it’s helped me look beyond the pause in discard, knowing that it’s only temporary.
    Kafin, keep going! This crowd here are always inspiring and you’ll doubtless have found someone who’s been in a similar situation. As the ever-wise Wendleg says, today is a new beginning and you can change your ending today. As for nuts & snacking – I’ve gone from a ‘whole bag of honey-roast cashews’ man to limiting myself to 13g of plain cashews – they’re a great snack and, eaten slowly, stave off the hunger. I also found last night that a humble ounce of cheddar works wonders! I’ve not tried the TRE approach – I just stop when I hit 800kcal and fill up on water. I do try to leave some spare calories for ’emergencies’ each day – though thankfully I’ve moved on from the emergency pork pie of my former WOE!
    CockneyLady, let us know how the 12 week 800 course goes – I nearly signed up for that before starting here. I’m happy here for now but very interested to find out if the 12 week course is worth the money.
    Thanks to you all for keeping me positive, even in the absence of discard for a week…
    CC

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, custardcrumble. It’s really not a plateau until it goes on for 2 weeks! Should that occur, simply drop your carbs
    and up the water..Simple 🙂

Allie

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Increasing water intake has definitely made a difference for me after a stall (ahem, actually slight increase…). But why is it so? Is it because it cuts hunger or because of the “flushing” effect, or something else or a combination? I read somewhere that “burnt” fat is mostly expelled through the carbon dioxide we breathe out. Interested in the science, but it works!

• posted by Custardcrumble
    on

Thanks Allie, having discarded pretty much every day for 4 weeks, I figured this was the start of a plateau so trying to get my head in the right place. Hoping a 2 week plateau doesn’t happen – I’m motivated by the scales moving!!
    CC

• posted by TheBudgie
    on

Well week 1 done, and 8lbs lost! Which is great but my bloods was 6.5 this morning? They was in the 20s when I started, so happy that I might be getting diabetes under control for once.

on

Bonjour, had my blood test done this morning and the results are in. Taaaa daaaa HbA1c 6.2 (was 6.6), Total cholesterol 4.0, triglycerides 1.60 (should be under 1.50 but down from 1.85). Also must remember I am now on 24 units of insulin was on 38 units. Now on 10mg statins, was on 20mg. Think doctor gorgeous will be very pleased with me. Maybe he will stop doing my lipids (fats) every time I go for a test. After fasting from 8.30 pm I noticed that I did not suffer from the Dawn thingie and my BG was 4.8 so must remember when I feel hungry at night to judge whether I really need a snack. Will report on weight tomorrow – if there is anything to report.

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Great results Frodo and Sunshine. I think I’ve hit a stall (perhaps aided by the steroid injection) so haven’t discarded since but did earlier in the week. Will do my proper weigh in tomorrow. I’ve also been feeling really cold, is that a low-carb thing? I’ve never been cold ever 😂😂

• posted by Fr0d0
    on

I’ve been cold today as well. Last time I lost a lot of weight I began wearing jumpers for the 1st time. I thought “this must be how old people feel”! As I slowly regained the weight I kept the jumper habit so now I have nowhere to go! :'(

on

It is normal to feel colder as your body loses fat, that is what has been keeping you warm. It will only take a couple of weeks to adjust and be back to feeling normal. My hubby has been put on blood thinner and he is suffering from cold hands and feet, now he knows how i feel as it is common in diabetes.

on

Yes CockneyLady, do let us know what it is like as we have so many people ask about it on here and i dont know anyone who has done it. There have been a couple of people mentioned it but then not stayed here with us – maybe it is an exclusive club. Good luck.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Huge congrats to S-G and Fr0d0 – very impressive results!
    C/Crumble – don’t panic, it will come right. Stalls are common but temporary – even when they go on for longer than we’d like. I too seem to have stalled, but I think my problem is transit related, so hoping the will adjust soon and I’ll be back where I should be.
    Would be interesting to hear what the 12 week programme offers, so do please let us know CockneyLady – and please don’t become a stranger.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Wow the thread has been busy again today ! I have some catching up to do !

Skipping through the tulips: my lovely hubby grows kale in his veg garden and it does really well. Have you got a Grand Frais shop near you ? I have seen kale in there. Also your local organic /bio shop ? You are likely to find it in there.
    I have never tried those konjac noodles but I see they have them on amazon.fr ( pricey though !)

Have you tried spiralizing veg or using cauli or broccoli rice as an alternative ?

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Good morning everyone – I am feeling buoyed up by everyone’s kind comments and useful advice, so thank you. I am starting afresh today after a bit of a meltdown over the weekend and a binge that got out of control. But as people have said, today is a new day and I am up and showered and going to try and leave the house today (in the midst of an 8 month depressive episode, these are my victories). I was anxious about getting on the scale this morning to see what I had gained but I did it, it wasn’t great but nowhere close to putting me where I was when I first started so I am ok. I’ve made a plan about times to eat, activities for when I get bored or hungry and in addition to all the factual details I note in my spreadsheet, I’m going to add more emotions about how meals make me feel and those that are more satisfying so I can focus on them.
    I am so impressed with everyone’s progress and absolutely fascinated with those who are changing their medical results with this diet. Congratulations – that’s a whole other level and kudos to you all. Thanks for listening and for the support!

• posted by kittykatnz
    on

Hey everyone,
    I’m grumpy today. I don’t know whether it’s because I got up early and went to the gym (I hate getting out of bed in the morning), whether it’s because my weight went up slightly (likely as I didn’t drink enough water over the weekend and had a few more carbs than I’ve been having all week plus 3 small alcoholic drinks), or whether it’s because my boyfriend took my leftover dinner which I was planning on having for lunch for his lunch leaving me with nothing prepared. I then spent 40 mins in Waitrose reading all the labels on the back of everything trying to find something that worked. I ended up spending £5.50 on lunch which was especially annoying as I went to the supermarket yesterday and spent £75 on healthy food all on plan. It might also be the WOE having an effect, did anyone else feel grumpy in week 1/2?
    I’m also fed up with work so it might just be a big ball of grump attacking me at once! My name is Kat so I sent my boyfriend a ‘Grumpy Cat’ meme which he thought was amusing.

I’m still ecstatic about my weight discard this first week. I discarded 2.8kg (was 2.9kg). I’m going home to NZ in April for my brothers wedding and it’s great being able to think about fitting into some of my lovely dresses gathering dust in my wardrobe.
    I hope other people are having a better day than me. I’m going to go home, make myself something yummy for dinner (preferably with cheese!) and curl up into my bed and hope that tomorrow is better! 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Ria-tor , I would love to have a Marks and Spencer’s near here but I am lucky to have lots of local markets. Lots of leafy green veg is a good idea !
    Fantastic results Fr0d0 ! That’s so motivating ! It’s great that your doctor supports you.
    Custardcrumble, as Allie says you don’t have to worry about plateaus just yet. Just keep going ! You will find things will catch up in subsequent weeks.
    You will soon get back to where you want to be ,SunnyB ! We have every confidence in you .
    Shellbob, I understand the steroids would likely cause a stall but don’t get discouraged.
    Well done on your discard and blood results Budgie !
    Sunshinegirl, you are doing brilliantly ! You are showing great determination !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh kittykat, that sounds like a really ‘cr+ppy’ day! I don’t like mornings either and discovered many years ago, that if I exercised in the morning, I felt exhausted and out of sorts for the whole day. Think low mood is quite common in weeks 1/2, which is the period when your body is getting used to not getting the carbs it’s been used to, so this could well be a contributing factor at the moment.

In the past, my OH has ‘stolen’ things from the fridge, which have been there specifically for me – even things he doesn’t particularly like – so I now write ‘Hands Off!’ on these, so it is clear it’s not for him. Seems to work! Hope you enjoy a yummy dinner, sleep well, wake feeling positive and have a much better day tomorrow. It will be new day and a new weekly challenge too.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Put today’s grumpy experience behind you kittykat ! Tomorrow will be a better day . If I need to do a quick meal I always turn to eggs and add some spinach(or other veg) and a bit of goat’s cheese. I did a frittata with some left over veg at the weekend and that was good too. Well done you for not scoffing a packet of biscuits in your grumpiness 😉
    Yes, being fed up at work is also condusive to grumpiness but stay focused on you and steer clear of toxic people.
    You have some great things to look forward to : the NZ trip, fitting into your clothes. Your well being and continued weight discard will have you grinning on a daily basis !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Kafin13, you are sounding focused and positive, well done you ! You are conquering a whole lot of demons there ..fear of leaving the house, facing the scales ( don’t get too obsessed with the numbers though) and seizing the day.
    Zoe Harcombe has written some interesting and well researched books about the emotional issues surrounding food. Achieving the right mind set is the key to success. Overcoming certain food addictions, understanding why we over eat and how to change the patterns are essential.

Here are a few recommendations if you want to delve into the emotional eating issues a bit more.
    “Why Do You Overeat? When All You Want Is To Be Slim” and ” The Diet Fix ”
    by Zoe Harcombe. Zoe battled eating disorders so is speaking from experience. She talks about depression too.

Another book I found useful was
    “The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person ” by Judith Beck.
    This focuses on the benefits of cognitive therapy in tackling weight issues ( emotional eating, dealing with trigger eating situations, conquering excuses to over eat , cravings etc)
    Keep going and shout out if you need us !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just to let you know that I will be setting up a new weekly thread tomorrow . Allie has some technical challenges but don’t worry she will be checking in as often as she can.

Look out for the new thread tomorrow folks . Hoping you are all happy to come along with us xx

• posted by Cheshire59
    on

Hi,

I would like to join your ‘one week at a time’ a new thread I understand starts today Tuesday 12 March?
    I need to follow the 800 calorie diet for at least 8 weeks possibly 12 so the idea of just focusing on 1 week at a time appeals and I could do with all the support that a forum offers. Hopefully, I will be successful and can offer some support to other members…..
    I am diabetic with all the usual stuff that comes with it –

Thanks

• posted by CockneyLady47
    on

Sunshine-girl good morning.
    Following your comments regarding my, now, membership of the Fast 800 plan online. I am more than happy to share my experiences of being a member of the “club” so to speak.
    Rather than cram the weekly forum with my daily comments I will post weekly. Probably the first day of each week and tell the tale of my previous week. How does that sound?
    You also mentioned that once members “join” they leave here. I immediately saw why they possibly did that. The paid for plan has their own forum and perhaps posting the same thing in two different places puts a strain on valuable time.
    Looking forward to chatting.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You are more than welcome to join us on the weekly thread Cheshire. It really does help to break things down into more manageable chunks and we will be happy to be part of your journey, offering advice and support where we can and celebrating the wins – both on and off the scales. There will be a new thread kicked off today for the coming week, so please watch out for it and jump on board.

I’m rounding the week out in a static position – no loss, no gain – so I’m content with that at this point. Still looking for some illusive wriggle room, but know I need to be much more serious in my approach to achieve it, which makes my task for the coming week very clear.

Looking forward to seeing all on the new thread later.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry, forgot to say thank you for offering to provide weekly updates of the online plan, CockneyLady. That would do nicely, as it will give us an idea of how it works and what added extras are available.

Please log in or register to post a reply.