ONE WEEK AT A TIME – To Start March 5, 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hello everyone, besides my great 3 monthly blood results I have also managed to lose 1lb. I should always do this ‘I’m not bothered about losing weight diet’ as I have now lost 6lbs since mid January. Obviously I stick with the no carbs rule and try to be under 800 cals and also exercise and no alcohol helps – so I guess I am permanently on this diet. Usually, I diet all week, lose a couple of pounds and put it back on at the weekend but I really have been super good.
    Skippingthroughetc, have you tried eating blett or chard, very similar types of veg to kale and just about the same nutrients. Kale has not yet reached magic rood status here in France and is mainly fed to the animals.
    Cockneylady – so that is where people disappear to – the black hole of paying for BSD – I can understand people not wanting to double the amount of time posting on different fora (plural of forum although forums is allowed). Thank you for offering to update us.
    Fr0do, very clever. I did pretty much the same with my doctor, told him I was on a strict diet and that I wasn’t eating as much bread (baguette), it seemed to satisfy him as he was always nagging me about losing weight. However, it was his bloody insulin injections that put my weight on. I was only 65kg when first diagnosed and now 77kgs.
    Wendleg, I was reading an article in the Connexion (French / English newspaper) about a woman who has moved back to the UK and she couldn’t understand why there were no fresh fruit and veg markets. I guess it is something we take for granted and it is lovely to walk around and see all the seasonal goods. Never any tat stalls but things like oysters, charcuterie, fresh olives and artichoke hearts in oil, even live chickens and rabbits (for the pot). Plus all the fruit and veg. We came from a little village in North Yorkshire and there was a twice weekly farmers market so we just took it for granted.

Will move over the next week now but hope you are all enjoying success and keeping on keeping on…

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Sunshinegirl, thanks for the advice re the lack of kale. kale only reached the shops in Spain about 18 months ago so here’s hoping the trend will spread. I used to cook chard with potatoes with lots of garlic and olive oil, so will look for a new recipe. The thing I like about kale is it’s texture and robustness( maybe that’s an invented word). I substitute the outside leaves of a Savoy cabbage but you don’t get many of those. See you all on the other side!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

It is a real word – also remember living in France things are mainly seasonal, kale is a winter plant so will be finished by now. Read my What Makes A Superfood for the report on Kale and how it became popular. It is no better than other dark green veg, broccoli is especially good and so is spinach.

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Well as expected this week. I am only 0.9 kg down, all of this from pre-steroid injection. I haven’t budged from 89.1kg since but I’m still in the 80s so I’m ok with that! Don’t know if its been worth it as I’m still in agony 😭 My BG has jumped back up but there is literally nothing I can do about it. Bit miffed that the universe has decided that the one thing that keeps me sane and stops me eating is off limits for now…great timing fate 🙄

• posted by TheBudgie
    on

Me again, something is troubling me, due to my hectic life I’m living on 2 meals a day, lunchtime salad and an evening protein with cooked veg. The thing I’ve noticed using the carb calorie app recommended both meals look a bit big? My bloods are fantastic only after 8 days, weight loss was good, won’t know about inches as my weight loss always starts on the legs, they go thin before stomach lol. Just worried if the app is wrong and I’m overeating.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Shellbob, I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Are they going to try another injection or is that it and it’s just a case of resting the elbow? I am sure that your half way goal of 88kgs will be achieved very soon – remember your 93kgs “block” – but do look after yourself first and foremost! Budgie, what do you mean by ” a bit big”? You seem to have had a really great start; may be a case of if it ain’t broke…?

• posted by kittykatnz
    on

Hi All,
    Have I missed the new weekly thread? I can’t find it in the most recent posts listing.

I weighed myself again this morning and another 0.9kg down. Now at 88.2kg. I’m so chuffed at how well this is working for me, and how (so far) easy it has been. I’m doing TRE and not having my first meal until around 2pm and it’s just become second nature after only 10 days.

I was less grumpy yesterday. I think my imminent period may have played a larger part there than I thought. Also, usually I gain a couple of kg in the lead up, not this time! I’m still losing.

It’s great to hear how well this WOE is effecting people’s blood results. I haven’t had my bloods tested (I should have really but getting a nurses appointment in the UK, particularly in London is rare as hens teeth) but I have noticed some other positive changes in myself. My skin is better, I haven’t got the bad acne on my jawline which started getting worse during my period. This was only a recent phenomenon (post gaining 10kg in 3 months after going on the contraceptive implant, which I promptly had taken out) and it’s gone! My dark velvety patches which I now understand are a sign of insulin resistance are less dark and velvety!

I said to my boyfriend over the weekend, this sounds ridiculous and stating the obvious but I actually feel lighter on my feet. When you’ve lost just shy of 10kgs you would but I’m actually feeling it. 😀

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Kat

• posted by JGwen
    on

hi Kitty, The new weekly thread has started but there are a lot of different threads active at present so you may need to scroll down through the list of recent threads to find it I think there has been a slight change in the wording of title I think it says starting 12 march instead of to start March 12.

• posted by Custardcrumble
    on

Hi Kitty,
    Looks like the weekly thread has jumped forums from Fast800 to Welcome to the BSD. As I’m only checking the Fast800 forum regularly, that’s why I (and I think CockneyLady) didn’t see it either!
    JGwen, will it move back to Fast 800 next week or stick to its new home ?
    CC

Please log in or register to post a reply.