One week at a time starting 15th of July 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

Thank you very much Allie! 😀

• posted by Purplesnow
    on

Thank you for your responses. I think it may be ketosis which I know is positive but I hope I get through it soon, its vile. but worth it

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello all, just dropping in to say hello and announce that my Egg Fast is now officially over. Detail over on that thread (because I know you’re all following along madly lol) but bottom line is 1.45kg (3.2lb) discard. Less than I’d hoped but honestly that’s just me being greedy, it’s pretty good for 7 days! Plus I found it fun and am still not sick of eggs, lol

(Merry, once I paid attention to the setting on the breathalyser, readings were regularly sitting above 0.70 or 70, up to 0.85 or 85.)

JGwen, just in case you’re not on the Egg Fast thread much, I would welcome your thoughts on the conundrum of high ketones and high insulin (from high protein intake) occurring simultaneously. So I get that protein will raise insulin and ketone levels indicate fat burning. But if I have high insulin levels from the protein, why doesn’t it stop the fat burning? That is, why doesn’t the high protein intake correlate with a lower level of ketone bodies in my breath? And unlike my normal eating, there weren’t long fasting periods – I was eating breakfast, for example, which I normally skip. So there weren’t long periods where insulin must be falling simply because I was in an extended fasting state.

I thought I was starting to understand the science, but I seem to have got myself all confused again!!

StrongCurves, the September wedding sounds like a wonderful goal. You can do it!!

Cheers, Elky

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Elky,
    I use the latest posts option on the website to read all posts on all threads, rather than following specific threads. But sometimes when work is busy its a couple of days before I have the time to reply and often others have already replied to a post by then or the conversation has moved on.
    I have replied to your question on the egg fast thread.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I’m a little pound down this Week…every little discard counts ! Well done Strongcurves ! Really pleased for you . Keep that motivation high..you can do it ..not just for the September wedding but for your future health and well being.
    Purplesnow…ketosis is a good thing. Remember to drinks lots. I read somewhere that the metallic ‘ketosis’ breath wasn’t so apparent in non-meat eaters ? I can’t remember where I read that.
    How are you doing waveydavey ?
    Hi Merry ! How are your meals with friends going ? Sorry about the carb overload….at least you know how you react now.
    Hi SusieG..yes,as Merry said we set up a new thread every week so watch out for the new one . You will be made very welcome and just shout out if you have any doubts/queries You say you have already done Fast 800 ? How did you get on ?
    Are you back on track SunnyB ?
    Have a great day everyone .Watch out for the new weekly thread. xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone.
    Just to let you know I have set up the new weekly thread. There are lots of mini threads popping up with new members asking specific questions so hopefully they will find their way over to us where they can benefit from the sound advice of our wonderful experienced regulars.

See you over there !
    Wendy xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.