One week at a time starting 15th of July 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi guys and sorry for the late set up. It has been a hectic couple of days at work, and of course the lovely Wendy is away! She is winging her way back to us though and I am sure she will be keeping her eye on us. As you know this is home to quite a few of us and even though we are on other threads we do love it here❤️ So I hope you will all join me here and let us know how your week is going. Love and hugs Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Purplesnow
    on

Hi everyone, I started on 800 yesterday and have seen so many confusing posts about calories and carbs it is bothering me already. I live alone and work from home and need to lose at least 5 stone. Today have been feeling a bit headachey but whenever i drink more water it makes me feel a little sick and light headed so feel i must be getting wrong already on day 2. Had the eggs with mushrooms and spinach then steak and salad yesterday. So far today have only had the fruit compote with yogurt. I know the worst will be the first 2 weeks but any support and general info about the calories in the books etc would be very much appreciated. Thanks

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, Birdy! You know I travel all over the forum, but I have an affinity for this thread, too!

Welcome, purplesnow! Please don’t feel overwhelmed 🙂 There are many very experienced BSDers on this thread, and
    we’re delighted to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. The headache you have is nothing more
    than carb or keto flu. It will pass in a few days, I promise! It’s just a symptom of carb withdrawl. Because of the necessity
    to drink a lot of water, your electrolytes may be out of balance. If you add some extra salt to your diet, i.e., just dampen
    your finger and tap it in your salt, and eat it, it should right any dizziness, and help with the headache, too. Don’t panic.
    There is a learning curve that we all must master, but help is on the way 🙂 Have you chosen the BSD to control your
    weight, or do you have BGL issues too? Can you be more specific about what’s bothering you about Mosley/Bailey
    recipes? We’ll try to help!

Allie

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi. I’ll do my best to pop-in and say hello because I do like this thread. Can’t promise to add much but I love reading the posts.
    Have a good week.

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

So I’m on my way to getting back into Fast 800-ing/low carb from today!
    Breakfast has been scrambled eggs (2), half a medium avocado and cherry tomatoes.
    Lunch was left over chicken fajita mix, bulked out with mushrooms and peppers, plus the other avocado half and generous amount of spinach.
    It’s my boyfriends birthday today so will see what’s on the menu for wherever he wants to go for dinner. I’ll try not to worry too much about going slightly over calories today since it’s a special occasion but feels good to getting back to normal.

• posted by waveydavey
    on

Hi there – I’m 2 weeks in, and had exactly the same thing on day 2 and most of day 3; after that I’ve been feeling weirdly elated most of the time, with just the occasional dip. And it’s true what they say about not getting hungry, which was quite a surprise 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Firstly, welcome to those of you new to the BSD. This forum is a wonderful resource and is very much responsible for getting me to target. Purplesnow, the advice given by Allie should see you right. Strongcurves, hope you navigate the meal out without problem – enjoy.

Thanks for setting up this thread, Birdy, it’s one I desperately need right now. Having come back from 3 months in Turkey, I shamefully have to confess to a 6lb gain. This obviously needs to be locked in to touch asap, so I need to refocus and get right back on track.

I know what caused the gain – nibbling between meals, wine & alcohol creep and allowing the white stuff back in too … too many little treats!!!

With another trip coming up mid-September, I’m eager to deal with the gain and build in some wriggle room …. And that all starts today. I’ll be checking in during to week and hope to post a positive result this time next week.

Wishing you all a great BSD week.

• posted by Purplesnow
    on

Thanks for the positive words Allie. This is just to get my weight and under control. My concerns come from other posts on these forums where they are saying that the carbs and calorie s in the recipes don’t match up with other calorie counters. I guess what I am looking for is can this diet be done by working out your own calories rather than following set recipes

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oops!! I put the wrong date on! Sorry guys it is supposed to say One Week at a time starting the 16th! This is the new weekly thread😂😂. I can at least blame menopause now😂😂

So I know we have the thread for the egg fast but I am going to post this here! I have according to my scales lost 4lbs! This is great but I look and feel fatter around the midriff and was wondering if eating all this extra fat I am eating is causing this!?!?! I am sure I am way over 800 calories doing this, but it is an experiment and I will see it through to Friday. JGwen what do you think? Hope you have all had a good start to your new week. This is my 15th week here and I am hoping to report by the end of it that I am at least 14 and a half stone or 93.3kg. Fingers crossed. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s fine to create your own meals and menus, but be sure weigh, measure and record ALL cals and carbs. Initially, aim for around 50g of carbs a day and 800 cals, you can reassess the carbs levels if necessary later, but you should hopefully see results at that figure.
    Hope that helps, but shout if you have any other questions and someone will respond.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Absolutely, purplesnow! I never bought the recipe book, and found it much simpler to adapt the recipes that I normally
    use, eliminating the carbs, of course. I’ve been cooking and entertaining for many decades, and Claire Bailey’s recipes
    didn’t have much appeal for me. Additionally, the calorie counts are purported to be under calculated by as much as 100
    calories per serving. I’m insulin resistant, and some of the recipes are too carb high for me, i.e., root vegetables and
    dried fruit. Give some thought to how you would like to set your grams of protein and carbs for each day, and the
    remainder of the calories are just reached by adding healthy fats into your 800 cal/per day allowance. No question
    is silly here, so shout out if you are feeling overwhelmed. We’re here to help! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning folks, just checking in on my home thread.

Birdy, thanks for setting it up and never mind the date thing 😊 I have a friend who, at 71, still gets some menopausal symptoms (poor thing!!) so you may have an excuse to last decades lol

I don’t see how the fat you’re eating could go straight to your midriff. You’re losing, after all. Are you sure it’s not the after-effects of your brief egg-bound moment…? Or the prequel to a whoosh? I seem to recall a conversation between JGwen and 6T about experiencing a change in shape or dimpling that signals a whoosh coming? But maybe I remember it wrongly!!

Sunny, I think 6lb from 3 months away is pretty modest, you absolutely shouldn’t feel ashamed. I know I’d do way more than that! I’m sure you’ll have much success now that you’re home and can get back to the straight and narrow. Where are you heading on the September trip?

StrongCurves so glad to hear that you’re back into it with a plan 😊

Purplesnow and waveydavey, welcome aboard!!

Wendy, really hope you got home safely at last despite all the disrupted travel. Killing time in airports is ghastly, they really are one of the circles of hell.

I’m in Team Miscreants doing the Egg Fast this week, all my news and updates is on that thread, so I won’t repeat it all here.

Have a grand day everyone, Elky

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Birdy, our bodies irritatingly hold the fat around our middle till last. Apparently because we are designed to carry the weight during pregnancy in that location its the best place for our bodies to carry fat.
    Maybe you have reduced the fat from above or below your middle which makes the middle look more prominent? What does the tape measure say?

My body is still up to its old tricks. My current NSV is that its easier to slip my wellies on and off. !!!!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good morning Purplesnow this woe is all about tweaking it to your individual needs. JGwen and others helpfully told me when I first started how far out the recipes in the book were when it came to the macros, so I started weighing and putting everything into My Fitness Pal straightaway. Don’t get me wrong I made some massive rookie mistakes, but we all have. It is a big learning curve like Allie has said.

Don’t worry too much but what helped me is the planning. I can’t stress enough how important it is to plan plan plan. I would figure out what I was going to eat for the day and put it all straight into MFP and then I could check that my calories were correct and my macros were too before any food passed my lips😂. This way if any of the figures were off I could tweak portion size or whatever else needed tweaking and there would be no damage done! Phew 😅 this worked really well for me and allowed me to discard 3 stone in just 12 weeks. I was vigilant although like I said before I made mistakes and for the first 4 weeks I went from a heavy binge drinker to no alcohol at all. Unfortunately that didn’t last but I don’t drink anything near what I used to. I always drink at least 3 litres of water per day and I and everyone on here knows is one of THE key factors in discarding. Water is truly our friend as it fills up our fat cells and eventually they go as they are only water and the body does not need them anymore. You will discard from lots of different places at the same time so it can take a little while to see the fat going. Don’t lose heart as it does go believe me. It went from my face and wrists first and even though it goes from your belly it is the last thing to shrink! It has taken years for us to get it and I am afraid it won’t go over night. We have all seen differences but that is because we are all different! What works for one may not work for another and that is why we are here to talk about all these differences as something we say could work for someone or they could see that actually it is not just them. No question is a silly one. So don’t worry do this at your pace and with the amount of carbs that help you discard. I only have 20g per day as I am also insulin resistant 😫. But that may not suit you. So as long as you plan and use an app you will see the results you want and if not we are here to help you tweak it until you do. So welcome to our merry band of travellers and I wish you all the best.

Welcome to Sani too. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning JGwen I know what you are saying but it was flatter before I started the eggfast😂. But I know you are right hun as my new shoes were a little more loose at the weekend so I am still discarding from my feet! Our bodies are so so funny! I have the same NSV as you with my wellies! When I first had them it was a struggle to get them on and I had to roll them down as they were too tight on my calves! Now they slip on and there is room around my feet, they are still a little tight around my calves but nowhere near what they were before. I am going to continue my egg fast until Friday as I am coming to wales for the weekend to visit an old friend that I haven’t seen in a while and I would like to eat more BSD friendly whilst there as to not put her out too much in the food prep department. Thank you as always. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone ! Thanks Birdy (and Kafin !) for the new thread.

They finally flew us out of Olbia airport after a 2 hour delay but no Venchi choc in my bag ( it was close !!) Fortunately we arrived in time to do a food shop so we had a quick salmon and courgette meal at home. Loads of laundry to do now but the sun is shining so it will soon dry.

I have stayed the same on the scales but was pleased to be more mobile so that for me is a victory. O/h put on a kilo..not bad as he enjoyed a few beers and some pasta but not too excessive. I think that although he enjoys his carbs , the recent diabetes scare has made him think a bit more…
    Have a great Week everyone !

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Birdy. I don’t think this is “new” fat round the tum. You did say you had had “transit” issues, and so that might have made you feel bigger (I know it’s been resolved, but still might be some bloating…gas yet to come….). I had an interesting “conversation” with JGwen and Jennie the other day, it was prompted by Morxx’s post, and I think the consensus might be that, yes the tum is the last to go (and maybe the most problematic) but also that it may be down to visceral (hard) fat reducing, so the subcutaneous fat, the squidgy type, is more apparent and looser – also makes sense that, if most of our fat cells are around the tum/midriff area, then that’s where the effect of individual cells filling with water will be most obvious, so everything just feels softer and “overflowing”. But hopefully as they collapse, so inches will go! I now have two quite distinct areas, above and below tummy button, at tummy button level, it’s not too bad… So when I scrunch up there are two distinct rolls. A look I hope to lose! Enjoy your eggs and your sparkling water lunch!

• posted by Verano
    on

Wendy I’m really impressed! In fact I have to follow your lead and this week I’ll stay away from chocolate and nuts. Think it’s time to return the chocolate to the fridge!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Morning Wendy, glad you’re home safely and huge will done on no gain while you were away. Sounds like you are already back in the BSD groove, so another pat on the back for that too. You’re definitely an inspiration to us all.

Elky, thanks for the kind words. While away, I was conscious that I wasn’t always making good choices and after the first few occasions, passing off this as ‘mindful’ simply didn’t cut the mustard. What is heartened though, is that thanks to the BSD, I am equipped to resolve the problem fairly speedily.

Purplesnow, hope today is easier for you and that you are settling into the BSD rhythm and feeling better as the days go by.

Keep on keeping on folks!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Birdy, My guess is that the aim of the egg fast is to starve out the gut bacteria which feed on carbs, that could be one of the reasons for first focusing on increasing protein levels, and then the very gradual increase of carbs post the fast. –

Apparently the bad bacteria rapidly die off when diet is changed, but also rapidly multiply when there are carbs to feed off. –

I would guess that if you have lots of carb digesting bacteria they will rapidly digest any carbs in the diet causing a quick spike in blood sugar and therefore insulin. Where as with less carb digesters the digestion of the carbs will be spread over a greater time frame. – It could be that moving from a high carb diet to a lower carb diet means high numbers of the bacteria can still survive, but if you kill off the levels of bacteria and then go back to a lower carb diet the numbers stay lower.

———– Anyway, could the bloating be as a result of the changes in gut bacteria occurring? – Or if its more that you feel the flesh is more squiggy, that is a stage 6T and I both seem to have gone through is the weight loss process. – My spare tyre used to be quite firm, now I can roll it into folds. – But I don’t think its loose skin, rather a change in the texture of the fat underneath the skin.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

JGwen, I agree, I don’t think it’s loose skin (or at least here’s hoping!) because if I pinch a little bit it pings back straight away (bit like the test you do to check if a dog is dehydrated…) and it’s not wrinkly, just dimply in bits and squidgy! Towards “sporran” I do have stretch marks from pregnancies, so not the same skin tone there….But that is where, hopefully, Spanx will come in as and when I trim down some more!

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning everyone 😊

JGwen, I just love your latest NSV! I am cursed with thick calves—and since I broke it one thick ankle—so long wellies have never worked for me. And I have always wanted a pair (of course I have, I always want what I can’t have lol) I have a short pair that I slog around the garden in, but it’s not the same. So now I will add long wellies to my little list of things to aim for as I progressively discard <fingers crossed> – hopefully for next winter (wellies are nasty in an Australian summer!!). I hadn’t thought of it as a goal until your post, so thank you!!

Wendy, so glad you’re home safely at last! And well done on resisting the chocolate, that’s inspiring. You’re absolutely right that being more mobile – and comfortable! – while on holiday is a big victory. I’d also count staying the same on the scales after a holiday as a victory, but as you know I do like me a number 😊

(Sorry JGwen, I do know intellectually that it’s a stupid test and there are much more meaningful things like tape measures or the fit of clothes, but I can’t stay off the damned things. Mine’s a long journey, so I’ll take any teeny tiny milestone along the way that I can.)

Sunny, I saw your note about your next holiday on the other thread, that sounds like the most amazing time, truly a trip of a lifetime kind of experience. I’m with 6T – dead jealous 😊 It all sounds so exotic, like something out of a Merchant Ivory film.

No real progress for me, I’m afraid. The egg fast is not delivering the spectacular results I’d secretly hoped for, but at least the numbers are going down, however modestly. I know I should feel just as pleased with the discard as I’d feel upset with a gain of the same amount, but somehow I am greedy about that too lol A small gain and the sky is falling, a small discard and I sulk at myself, wanting more. Greedy greedy greedy lol

Have a grand day folks, Elky

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Good morning all.
    Congratulations to so many of you – shan’t list as I’ll forget someone – who have highs with wellies, avoiding chocs, discarding inches and pounds, and staying focused. And welcome back SunnyB and Wendy – such travellers!

I know there are quite a few out there that use the keto breath monitors. I have a question about which figure you use? My monitor (Greenbon) shows 4 different readings. Which one do folks use? For example – this morning:
    %BAC 0.01
    %.BAC 0.19
    mg/L 0.09
    mg/100ml 19

The “19” number looks good 😊 but I am not sure what you use. And is it right JGwen that any reading at all shows we are in ketosis? Thanks!

• posted by Elky
    on

Ooooh Merry, that’s a good question, I’ll have to double check tonight, I have exactly the same model as you. I think I’m using the second one, but don’t quote me ’til I’ve checked. But sadly I can guarantee I’m not using the last one lol

And yes, I understand that if it shows anything at all, it’s read some ketones and therefore you’re in ketosis. (Unless you had a slug of sherry in your morning tea, of course, lol It will read alcohol as well, naturally – it can’t tell the difference between ketones and alcohol.) My understanding is that higher numbers indicate you’re deeper in ketosis, burning fat more optimally, but any reading = ketones.

Have fun with it!

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Thanks Elky. Yes – we have the same model. And it doesn’t *seem* to always list the results in the same order – sometimes it shows mg/100ml first and then the rest, othertimes it starts at a different measure.
    No sherry in my tea, no trifle!, and no wine last night🍷🍷🍷

• posted by Elky
    on

Merry I had never noticed that it sometimes switches order, I must pay more attention!!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning all I am just about to go to bed as I was on night shift last night! Merry you need to go by the mg/100ml reading so the .19 means you are in ketosis😂👌❤️❤️.

Kafin sending you hugs 🤗

Ok I jumped on the scales again this morning and I am down to 14-8😉. Let’s see if it stays off! Fingers crossed 🤞. Hope everyone has a fab day. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Elky
    on

Merry I’m such a goose, mine is doing mg/L, the *third* one on your list. That explains why it shrieks at me below 0.5, I thought it was broken 😂 I must have changed the setting at some point and not noticed, I’m such a dunce!! But I don’t think it matters provided you stick to one so you can compare like with like. Unlike me, duh.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Elky – I don’t think its a setting. When you get the first result and then press the button it scrolls through the other results (only gives you a couple of seconds to do that). And it *seems* that perhaps the last setting you viewed is the one it might display first next time.
    But I will take Birdy’s advice to read mg/100ml – thanks Birdy!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone . Phew it’s still hot here and I ended up with a red “décolleté” sitting in the garden yesterday.Stupid..on holiday I would never forget the sun cream…
    I do love having our meals in the garden and our neighbour popped in so we ended up sharing a bbqed duck breast , salad and sausage that O/H picked up in the market in Olbia , and some tasty pecorino.
    This evening we will be eating at a “marché gourmand” It’s an open air event where local producers set up stalls to display their goods ( chicken, , duck, salad, bread,saucisson, cheese, pâtés, wines, honey, fruit, sorbet and ice cream !) Also some traditional cooked dishes ( aligot: cheesy mashed potates, and snails ) It’s always a very popular occason but this wll be my first year attending when doing BSD . We sit on bales of hay along wooden trestle tables 😉
    Do you have them in your part of France , SG ?
    Hi Elky ! Maybe wait a bit before weighing on the eggfast, ? I know you find it hard to resist. Hi Merry !
    6T I definitely have a trimmer midriff but still carryng belly fat ( the apron/sporran is decreasing and I have less to squeeze and fold but still plenty of room for improvement
    You will soon be back in the BSD groove, Sunny B . The weather in the Uk is looking good too ?
    I love JGwen’s info on gut bacteria and the idea of the carb digesters beavering away is very appealing
    Hi Purple snow ! Hi waveydavey ! We are a friendly bunch here and you have already been give lots of great advice ..stay with us !
    How did you get on with the celebratory meal, Stongcurves ?
    Waiting for Amz to check in
    How are you Kafin/Kirsten ? We miss you xxx
    I did have a few nuts yesterday folks ! I am reading a book called the Age Well Project which as the title indicates discusses the research on healthy foods and life strategies to live a long, healthy life . I keep reading how good nuts and dark choc are for us ( I knew that but I just took the recommendations to mean excessive amounts 😉 ) So I am including them respectfully …not dipping mindlessly into the jar every time I pass it. As you know my choc is in the fridge because it is a bit hot here .
    I think I have cracked the excess but I will continue being vigilant…
    Have a great day everyone xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Merry, what the breathalysers test for is the waste product from fuelling your body on ketones. So any reading means you have been burning ketones.
    The pee sticks only record surplus ketones that your body has disposed of via urine, so the reason they are not reliable is that with time your body adapts to only make as many ketones as you need and therefore even if you are in ketosis there will be little surplus ketones in the urine.

• posted by Purplesnow
    on

Thanks for the advice Birdy. I have downloaded MFP and really pleased at how helpful this is. Already it is making me firmer with weighing etc. I am a bit confused. I don’t have an insulin problem and whilst trying to keep protein higher and my daily intake under 800 calories i am not sure whether to be checking the percentage or the grams of carbs in my diet. Any suggestions please would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Purplesnow this way of eating is low carb, moderate protein and high in in good fats. Mfp will tell you that you are not eating enough so don’t send your diary off😂. When you go into mfp you will see a thing in there that had a picture of a target 🎯 like this one. You go in there and put in the percentage of carbs/protein and fats and then you will be able to check your macros against it. Having just 20g of carbs per day with our low calorie way of eating stops us from messing up our metabolism and sending it in to starvation mode! It also helps us that are insulin resistant. I don’t know the exact workings out for your protein but I do know you have to base it on your ideal weight and not the weight you are now. JGwen is your lady for that and I am sure when she sees this she will jump on and explain. My brain is rubbish! No matter how many times I get told how to do it I forget😂. I hope this helps. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Elky – in Birdy’s post she mentioned that she used mg/100ml. In your fasting post this morning you said mg/L.
    I’m just looking for the one we can agree on 😊😊 so that we can compare apples with apples 🍎🍎

What shall we use!? (scratching head 😁)

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning all, just checking in.

Most of my news is over on the Egg Fast thread – down another 0.95kg (2.1lb) which I am pretty excited about.

Merry I am now hopelessly confused about what to do with my breathalyser, you are quite right I misread Birdy’s message. But she said 0.19 which wasn’t your mg/100ml reading. Aaaargh, I don’t know – JGwen, are you around to suggest anything?

Wendy, I know I should defer weighing, but there’s method in my madness, truly. I’m a yo yo discarder, I go up and down around a point for ages, sometimes weeks, before my body finally gives up and lowers permanently (or I do and chuck in latest attempt, sigh). So if I was only weighing occasionally, e.g. once a week, and happened to land on a day where I was yo yoing up, I’d be so disappointed. Whereas if I do it daily I can see the little pattern and grit my teeth through it. Does that make sense?

And have you read “The Longevity Solution” by Jason Fung and James DiNicolantonio? It sounds like it goes into the same kind of thing as your “Age Well Project” so you might find it interesting; talks about the Blue Zones where people live unusually long lives, what nutrients science suggests are key to that etc etc. I’ve read it once and won’t pretend I understood everything, but I will read it again to try to make it stick a bit more. So far I’ve only implemented taking a magnesium supplement but baby steps lol I’d like to add in krill oil capsules but then I priced them and, yep, not just now <gulp>

And your marche gourmand sounds wonderful, that would be such fun. From your list it sounds like heaps of stuff will be BSD friendly, hope you have a wonderful little graze!!

Purplesnow, there’s a bit of controversy around protein goals but most people recommend around 0.8 grams per kilogram of *goal* body weight (so not what you are now, what you want to get to). If you do heaps of muscle building exercise, you probably want to add more. And there’s also a growing body of thinking that older people need higher protein levels (see above book titles discussion), in that context “older” is mid-70s-ish onwards. Which when I think of the average nursing home diet just makes my blood boil, don’t get me started. There’s a Royal Commission into aged care going in Australia at the moment, and honestly the stories coming out are just unbelievable. They’d break your heart.

Have a grand day all, Elky

• posted by JGwen
    on

Guys, it really doesn’t matter which setting you have your breathalyser on – its still the same test results just a different ways of expressing it. – All that’s important is using the same one so you can compare like for like.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Thanks Gwen 🌺 Yes – we just need to agree what reading we use if we are wanting to compare/share with others. So Elky, shall we use mg/100ml? 🇦🇺🌸 or one of the others? Yes, the Royal Commission is an incentive plus for keeping our health and strength in good shape. Keep me out of any Aged Care home🙏🙏

Good to read you are off to a good start Purplesnow. And well done on the nuts and chocs Wendy and Verano. The outdooor food festival sounds wonderful, with lots of good choices. Enjoy!
    I am again having a week with lots of eating out with friends, so trying to balance my days and keep to mostly judicious choices.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just a quick check-in. Progress so far has been disappointing. However, I caught myself picking between meals yesterday, what Ch is unfortunately a pattern I fell into whilst away. In view of this, I am implementing a new rule – I will only eat food on a plate. This will give me pause to be more mindful. Will also be trying to remember to do a mental check before eating, that I am actually hungry.

Wishing you all a good BSD weekend.

• posted by wendleg
    on

A quick Hi to everyone ! We enjoyed the ‘marché gourmand’ last night, Merry ! It was packed ..it is a very popular annual event and there is a lovely atmosphere, everyone sitting on long tables chatting and enoying good food ( and wine)!
    There was lots of choice …chicken and salad and some goat’s cheese was our menu and O/H didn’t choose to buy any bread, amazing !! He did drink some wine though ! We used to finish our meal with gorgeous artisanal sorbets but not ths year …

Today we have stocked up the fridge with lovely greens and salad, romaine lettuce, rocket, lambs lettuce, spinach, baby kale and watercress . I can get really excited about veg !! Also feta, halloumi and my lovely jars of fermented veg . I couldn’t find my favourite fermented coconut yoghurt which was disappointing.

Don’t worry SunnyB..you will soon get back into your BSD routine. It’s early days.

Elky, yes I have read the Longevity Solution…..a bit heavy going at times I found but still very interesting. I am a bit obsessed reading about nutrition. !
    Have a great weekend everyone. Stay focused…you are worth it ! Sending massive hugs to Kafin and also hoping Amz will check back in with us .xxx

• posted by Purplesnow
    on

Hi all. Coming towards the end of my first week and the headaches have mostly gone….woohoo, but as the day goes on the more water I drink the more bloated I become and it my trips to the bathroom don’t really start until early evening. So during the day after each next drink of water I start to feel nauseous. Is this normal and how long will this take to die down. Also in the evening I always seem to get a really vile taste at the back of my throat. Any suggestions or info would be greatly received. Thankyou

• posted by SusieG
    on

Hi Birdy!
    Just starting Fast800 again. Do you run a new thread weekly?
    Cheers

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi all – is anyone else having problems posting replies in the last couple of days? I have tried replying in a couple of different threads – hit the submit button – and my posts disappear. I have sent an email to Tech Support to see if they can help.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Purplesnow. You are doing really well! I think you are probably getting into ketosis, and that taste maybe metallic – a sign of ketosis. Search the net for keto flu and you’ll find some good articles – there is one on healthline dot com
    And I’m sure others will be able to help with the water question – but Nurse Cindy (yes a real person!) explains it in her video – just search for Nurse Cindy Balloons.
    Hi SusieG – yes there is a new thread each week – usually set up on Mondays UK time

Tryng to post this for the fifth time – see if it works! (removed urls. emojis and references to search engines)

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Very weird – trying to send reply to Purplesnow and SusieG – but the replies aren’t being displayed.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

OK – I’ll try again. Purplesnow – the taste in your mouth (is it metallic?) sounds like you are reaching ketosis. And some of your symptoms sound like keto flu. Google that and you’ll find some good info. And there is a fun You Tube video of Nurse Cindy using balloons to explain about water and fat loss.
    Hi SusieG – yes a new thread is started each week – I think on Mondays UK time.
    I hope the gremlins don’t eat this post – sixth time lucky!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Purplesnow, my question runs along the same lines as Merrymelba’s. If that unpleasant taste is metallic, it very much sounds
    like ketosis to me too. Have you noticed a boost in your energy level, accompanied by better concentration and clarity of
    thought? We can draw some conclusions from the number of carbs you are eating in a day as well.

I’ve also noted a definite delay in both getting new posts up on the screen too, meryy melba, and recently it can take up to
    an hr. before we have access to them when they first appear as “recent topics”. Techno glitches, no doubt.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Good to read that others are also having some probs – my posts don’t seem to be delayed – they just disappear into the ether after I hit submit. 😮😮 Not to worry 🙂
    I am trying to end this week on a good note – it’s Sunday midday here. Off to work soon after a hardboiled egg and a small serve of yogurt. I had a blow out last night at a birthday party and suffered the consequences – inflammation and bloating. As we find, our bodies don’t much like carb overloads any more 😀
    Happy Sunday wherever you are!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Merry,
    Loosing messages used to happen to me, then I realised I was trying to be too efficient. – After you have hit the submit button you have to wait until the screen changes showing that the message has been processed before closing that page. Otherwise the message gets lost.

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

Hope these technical issues get sorted!
    I’ve lost 3lb this week 🙂 I’ve now got exactly two months before this wedding in September so picturing how different I would feel and look by then if I stick to the F800 and then 5:2. Big dreams!

• posted by alliecat
    on

It’s all completely doable, StrongCurves! I’ve always interpreted the 8 weeks as arbitrary, and went 8 months beyond it
    to discard what I needed to. You will be a “vision” for the wedding, if you just keep on with this WOE. Trust in it, and it
    will happen! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.