One Week at a Time Reboot ! Countdown to Festivities starting 5th Nov …

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Noticed that no-one seems to have kicked off a new weekly thread, although there seemed to be a fair few people interested in continuing a week at a time, so I thought I would set the ball rolling. Hope everyone wanting to tackle their challenges in weekly chunks, will join in.

Can report that since Tuesday I have a modest discard, but won’t tempt fate by reporting anything definite before next Tuesday! I am working on a 18:6 day and only eating max two meals a day, sometimes just the one. How is everyone else doing

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks SuunyB! So glad you have revived this thread. One week at a time has always been a really useful tool for me.
    So for this week I’m hoping to have just a small loss of between one and two pounds. I need to ‘live my life’ at my age so discard is of less importance than my BG,
    Looking forward to ongoing success for all of us, whatever our goals

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello folks, I’m another weekly enthusiast, so thank you for setting this thread up SunnyB.

My week started in a less-than-stellar fashion, but then I pulled my head in and got back on track. So I’m trying to focus on the fact that I am now back to it, and not on the fact that the scales are reflecting how the week started…

For whatever reason, I’ve had to go back to baby steps. I’m struggling, so focussing on keeping my carbs low and sticking to OMAD, religiously recording everything in my tracker. I desperately want to get back to adding some longer fasts into my routine, but just now it feels impossible. I am contemplating another Egg Fast to get me back on track.

Hope everyone else is having a good week, Elky

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Sunny B,V and Elky.
    Thanks for keeping the weekly thread alive. I didn’t realise it had been renewed when I posted last night so I will stay on here for the moment .
    Monday is bank holiday for Armistice day so I have a nice long weekend to look forward to.
    Recent challenges haven’t resulted in any carb binges…I think I have cracked the addiction but I will pledge to not chomp chocolate for a week . I don’t buy anything less than 90 % cacao but it still has an irresistible appeal !
    Rain..constant rain which calls for warming soups but my luscious lettuces are always around.
    Have a good Friday…weekend whatever you are doing .
    Thanks for your support xxx🤗

• posted by wendleg
    on

I will do an egg fast with you Elky ..when you are ready. I know you never get fed up of eggs 😉

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Wendy – glad all is going better for your man. Hope you don’t mind that I kicked off a new weekly thread, I kind of wanted to have somewhere to check in. Will happily hand it back next week, ‘cos you are without a doubt the queen of the weekly thread.

I too would be up for an egg fast to get things moving properly in the right direction. Meanwhile I’m trying to stay lchf, as I haven’t managed to get myself organised properly to do the full on 800/20 as I had promised. Annoyed with myself for continuing to drift – need a kick in the pants!

Anyway, have a steak and veggies planned for tonight, which I’m looking forward to and it meets lchf requirement as well.

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi Wendy and SunnyB,

I’m on my Egg Fast from Saturday morning. The more the merrier if you want to join me. But I absolutely understand if not, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea 😊

Cheers, Elky

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Egg fasting over the w/e with OH here is not feasible for me, but I have manage to stay on track and the scales have been making small drops. I will look to egg fast early next week for three days. How have your fast gone Elky?

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I didn’t manage to begin an egg fast this Week but am planning on doing Wednesday next Week until Saturday lunchtime. Monday is bank holiday and I find it difficult fasting when I am at home. Tuesday will be my water fast day.
    I only show small drops on the scales too, SunnyB and would like an attempt at an egg fast reboot ! How did you get on Elky ?

Where is everyone, I wonder ? I really hope people haven’t completely lost motivation .I was thinking of setting up a new thread from tomorrow night with a weekly pledge to make a change for 7 days in the first instance.It could be giving up a particular food which is still a temptation, ( choc, nuts !!!) doing physical activity, drinking more….anything that is totally manageable over the Week . It may help to set longer term habits in place .
    I will give it ago anyway and hope to have some company !

• posted by Verano
    on

Good idea Wendy. Seven days is a really manageable length of time to make just one improvement. Let’s make the next week count!

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Wendy, I like your idea of 7 day pledge thread……….obviously my main goal would be to give up chocolate for 7 days……as long as I can have a galaxy at the end lol 😉😉

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good idea Wendy. If memory serves, I think in the early days of the weekly thread, we used to pledged to make a particular change for at least that week, so why not again. I think it helps to give a definite focus to what we are doing, if we aim for something specific for those seven days.

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes SunnyB you’re right! We tried every which way to keep on track! Think it worked for some of us for some of the time and I, for one, am keen to try it again.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh I am glad you think the weekly pledge is a good idea ! I didn’t realise it had been tried before but let’s give it another go !
    Scottishgal ! Hi ! I have to wean myself off 90 and 95% cacao ! Let’s do it …Galaxy Free Zone !! I doubt if at the end of the Week I will never want to eat Lindt 90 % again but I have to make it an occasional treat not a daily occurrence !!

If you are reading thiis….Come and join us !

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi Wendy

I too think a weekly pledge is a good idea, count me in.

In the spirit of positivity, I intend to make it something I *will* do, rather than something I *won’t* do. Is that a pledge, LOL

And SunnyB and Wendy, this time my Egg Fast is going really well, thank you. I think last time, when I crashed out of it feeling quite unwell, I may actually have been coming down with something separately and the poor old EF took the blame unfairly. This time I feel fine and am back to my old experience of enjoying eggs no matter how many times I confront them on the plate. But I’m only 2 days in, so not counting chickens yet … well I can’t, can I, not while I’m eating all the eggs … sorry that is a shocking pun and I will stop now.

Have a grand day, Elky

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi everyone. I’m here too and will pledge tomorrow – great idea!
    Catch up later!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Verano
    on

Well as it’s Monday and the start of a new week I thought I might make my pledge today. I’ve got into the habit of having a couple, or even a few, squares of 90% Lindt every lunchtime with my coffee. Not this week! I have an open bar with just two squares gone but I’m going to put that on a high shelf in a cupboard!

• posted by Au secours
    on

Hi Verano, my pledge is not to have a rice cake after my lunch. Apart from green veg and a mandarin a day it is the only carb indulgence which I eat. I had a good discard last week and I want to continue to have discards. You must have amazing discipline to have only eaten two squares of chocolate in the past, because if I have a taste of chocolate I would finish the bar.!! Have a good day.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have been tossing up between a ‘give up’ or an ‘add in’, as my pledge for the week. On balance I have decided to opt for an ‘add in’ this time round.
    So my pledge is to do ten minutes of real exercise each day. At present, my exercise regime is zero, so definitely needs some attention.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I have set up the new Weekly pledge thread and hope to see lots of people joining in !

• posted by Au secours
    on

I have managed not to eat a rice cake although I have been tempted. When I consider having one after lunch I think of my pledge and don’t have it, so I will continue my pledge this week as it is the only carb which tempts me, strange as that may seem. Have a good week everyone. 😊😅

Please log in or register to post a reply.