ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning May 12th 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Susannahw
    on

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie & desperate to lose weight!
    I used to be 7 stone & after a brain hemorrage I went up to 14 stone. I’ve now got down to just under 12 stone by using fitness pal & not having more than 1200 cals daily but I can’t lose any more.
    I have all michaels books from bsd to fast 800 etc but not sure how many grams of protein, fat & carbs I should begin with. Reading all your stories on here are so inspirational & I’m hoping I’ll be writing one myself soon. Can anyone help with the carb/fat/protein ratio? Thanks in advance

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Susannah, firstly welcome and so sorry it was a major health issue which caused your weight gain. Congratulations on taking the decision to do something positive to improve your situation though – BSD can bring many positives.

A new weekly thread is kicked off at the beginning of each week, so please do come and join us on the newest one, which has the date 25th May in the title line.

With regards to the ratios, I’m sure someone will e along to supply this information soon. Personally I have not drilled down that deeply, simply monitoring cals and carbs to get to my goal and maintain.

Hope to see you on the new weekly thread 😊

• posted by Susannahw
    on

Hi SunnyB
    I’m not sure if I’m in the right place as having a few teething problems with the site, but thanks for your msg advising me about the amount of carbs etc.
    Does a new forum start every Monday & is the next one tomorrow 1st June?
    Thanks for all your help.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Susannah, there is a new weekly thread each week and the next one will kick off tomorrow evening… 1stJune. The current one us 25th May if you want to take a look or introduce yourself, but just join the new one if you prefer.

Glad the carb advice was helpful. Hope to be reading of your progress soon.

• posted by PlumpGoose
    on

Hello everyone,
    Just wanted to check in and say hi and also encourage those just starting or wobbling ! I’m now in week 6 of BSD and have lost 29 pounds. I’m delighted. My original goal was to lose 2 stone in the 8 weeks and I have managed that in just under 6. It’s such a revelation and the biggest thing for me is the obsession I had with food has almost disappeared. To say I was an emotional eater is an understatement. I had a difficult upbringing and had used food as a way of soothing myself -much in the same way people use drugs and alcohol.
    By completely cutting out sugary carby foods I have found I am less concerned and have very little cravings. The first few weeks were tough though. I just want to encourage all those out there just starting. I have another 5 stone to lose and intend to continue with the 800 cals 16:8 fasting for now as it is working so well.
    One thing that showed me I was getting on top of it was on Friday it was my birthday. I’d decided that as I had reached my goal of 2 stone loss that I would treat myself. Husband was duly dispatched to the chippy for fish and chips. And I had an unloved easter egg that was looking good. I had them, enjoyed them, but didn’t devour them in the way I would have done before. The fish I didn’t finish and I returned the egg to the box with half left.
    Sounds like something trivial but this would never gave happened before. I would have eaten the lot and felt sick afterwards.
    I can’t speak highly enough for this WOE, I only wish I’d done it years before.

Good luck everyone xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

That is brilliant Plumpgoose, congratulations …not just for the numbers on the scales but the victory over the emotional eating and cravings !! That is what will give you sustainable; long lasting results !

Plumpgoose, You are posting on an older weekly thread.I am just about to set up a new one.Look out for
    One Week at a time beginning 9th June 2020

Looking forward to continuing the journey with you !

• posted by Britta
    on

Really well done PlumpGoose! I completely recognise that feeling of being relaxed and calm about food and the relief of not suffering from sugar cravings. I feel completely confident that you will lose those 5 stone! – And belated Happy Birthday!

Please log in or register to post a reply.