ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning July 7th 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 2eviltwins
    on

Hello All Today is day 3 and so far so good. I made it through eating a meal out and dinner at my Momโ€™s house. No headaches .

EC – thanks for the food ideas and I would love ๐Ÿ’— your recipes. You sound like a great cook. I made cauliflower fried rice this week and it is summer here so salad is also on my menu. I do love soups too. You can email them to me.

Rosyapple – your tofu recipe sounds delicious too. I am always looking for new ways to make it. I love baked crispy tofu…so yummy on salad or stir fry.

EllieAllegra -great job with the 10lb weight loss. Things are hard right now with the pandemic just practice some self-care every day and if you have any set-backs just get back on track. My first week was an epic fail but every day I kept trying and realize these extraordinarily times – so you should be so proud of how far youโ€™ve come. ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ’—

• posted by Verano
    on

Iโ€™ve brought a few old threads back to the top for anybody looking for recipe ideas.

• posted by Sarah1968
    on

I love hearing about all your experiences, it is really inspiring. Iโ€™m just finishing W2D5 and have been good on staying within the 800, and carbs average 38g.not felt hungry at all thank goodness and Iโ€™m drinking around 2ltrs
    So doing OK but not sure I could go any lower on carbs tho!
    One thing is constipation ๐Ÿ˜Š – nothing for the last 3 days and feeling quite bloated. Help!

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Thanks 2ET ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, progress is still progress so I should focus on that ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sarah1968 – I’ve had a few blockage issues too lol. I tried herbal senna tea. I also tried tinned rhubarb (drained the syrup!) and had it heated with some cream – that was yummy and did seem to help. There are various powders etc that might help too I guess so perhaps worth a look. Stating hydrated has helped too – some more experienced BSDers might have a few more tips! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by EC
    on

Hi again 2eviltwins and Lecurie
    email sounds good if you send me addresses-I have most of my recipes in word so easy to attach (and I can do both at once!) I’ll write up my aubergine one as well (I make it most weeks)
    It won’t be til tomorrow night as I’m in a meeting all day (bye bye Sunday!!)
    Sarah 968-linseeds (flaxseeds) are great for keeping “regular’-in any form really. I bake them into a seed “crispbread” (Norwegian knackerbrod) but you can grind and sprinkle on yoghurt or stir into porridge as you cook if it’s a part of your diet.-thanks for the recipe bump Verano-I’m always up for new ones!

So-for the first time this morning, a neighbour commented that I’d lost weight!! (win!!)
    Downside is my beautiful cashmere jumper (sweater for the US crowd) is almost too baggy! -I’m not getting rid of it as it’s not too old….will just have to be my beautifully baggy one!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Ticking along here. Beginning of the week was rough for me mentally, but seem to be through that now. Had a good Thursday and Friday both in terms of where my head is at and with food plans.
    Weight is same as last Friday after a big fast, down from last day with a full Morning tummy. Iโ€™ll take that as a win and get fighting for the last 5lbs to my next target.
    Itโ€™s funny, how I feel about food seems to be very connected to life stresses. I guess we all know about the emotional eating, and certainly I felt bereft of a coping mechanism when things were tougher. Made it through, sticking to principles, bring a bit sad, but no damage done. Phew.
    Horses are well, thanks for asking Rosyapple. The one who had the op is settled and in a routine of walking out for 30 minutes twice a day. Training of the one who needs an X-ray is going well so heโ€™s able to travel ok.
    So bit more positive.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• posted by Choccybuttons
    on

Hello. I’m new and I’d like to join. Iv completed my first week. Did a 3 day water fast and then 800 a day. Iv lost just over 4kg and I’m really happy. I am struggling to keep my carbs at 20g and still eat enough fruit and veg in a day though.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi ChoccyButtons, welcome. Sounds like you’ve made a very determined start. Remember we’re in this for the long haul, so no need to be quite so all out right from the start. This definitely applies to carb levels …. not everyone needs to push down to 20g per day. It is only something those with insulin resistence need to consider. I’d suggest trying for around 50g initially and see how you get on. If you find the weight is not bring lost, you can always adjust downward later.
    Huge well done on progress so far and we’ll look forward to hearing how things go as you continue in the weeks to come.

• posted by 2eviltwins
    on

EC – thanks so much! You sounds busy so and cook so many delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ things too. My email is 2eviltwins@aol.com – enjoy your weekend and thanks for the inspiration!

ChoccyButtons – Welcome and great job so far. Everyone here has such great advice. I just am on week one – (well, my first week try was an epic fail). SunnyB has been helpful in suggesting to start on 50g carbs which I find more manageable- I am waiting for the end of the week to see my weight loss. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

• posted by EC
    on

Hi 2evitwins-have emailed some recipes (so check junk mail if they’re not showing up!)
    I’ll try to upload them onto the site here as well if anyone else is interested
    I didn’t add calorie counts -I enter them on MFP and hope they’re close

Choccybutons-congratulations on a 3 day water fast-I did a couple of water fasts BC (before children) but I’m over-attached to my morning tea and coffee these days-perhaps I should revisit?

Wishing all a great week-it’s VERY cold here and the boiler is off as it’s in need of a clean (brrrrrr)

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Happy Monday everyone
    EC – I’d love to give your special eggplant recipe a try, so let me know when you post it.
    We had a very wet weekend, so good to see some peaks of sun today although only 13c. Spending a lot of time indoors, but will take the dogs for a quick walk this afternoon.
    Got through this week OK – but the wine did sneak in as we went into stay-at-home again. ๐Ÿท But made some delicious soup that will be my lunch the next few days.
    Hi Russianroulade – good to see you back.
    MM

• posted by EC
    on

Hi MM-it’s posted under “Spicy Aubergine”
    The photo doesn’t look great -but it tastes good!!
    I see you’re in Melbourne…… Peter Watson Foods in Collingwood (you can buy online while you can’t get out!!) makes the BEST harissa!
    It’s VERY easy to order lots from their site ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Thanks EC! His store looks great. Do you buy the harissa paste in a tube or the harissa sauce? Any other favourites you’d recommend from them?
    Many thanks for the recipe ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“

• posted by EC
    on

Hi MM
    Yes, itโ€™s the harissa sauce -I also use the rose harissa
    My other favourites are the Japanese marinade, the red pepper paste…. I make my own preserved lemons and tomato kasundi but his is good-also the sesame oil is v good. The laksa paste is an old favourite-you can do a noodle free one which is probably not laksa but still tastes great!!
    Have fun and watch your wallet!!!

• posted by Sarah1968
    on

EllieAllegra, I know that low feeling, for me thatโ€™s when Iโ€™m likely to reach for a cream cake – I’m a habitual emotional eater. 10lbs is an excellent loss, you should be really pleased.

I also have a lot to lose. Just finished W2 and a 3lb loss
    W1 7lbs
    W2 3lbs
    Total 10lbs
    804 average across the week, carbs 40g average.

Roll on week 3

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That’s a good result for your first two weeks, Sarah. Sounds like you are ding great on both the calorie and carb front. Hope you have a really successful third week. Week three can be an iffy one for some people though, as their body continues to adjust to the new regime, so don’t panic if the scales don’t seem to be co-operating.
    Wendy will be setting up the new weekly thread later, so please watch out for that everyone.

• posted by Sonz
    on

Hi Lecurie
    I started the 800kc 8 week plan exactly one week today. Astonished to say this morning I had lost 10lb 14 ounces!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now I know that’s a first week thing, but it’s got rid of the lock down weight and I can focus on the real stuff.

I’ve found the people here brilliant, I love to cook and everyone has been advising me on where I can find additions to the official 8 week recipe book.

Good Luck.

• posted by 2eviltwins
    on

Hi EC – thanks so much – canโ€™t wait to try some of your delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ recipes. You use some very interesting ingredients I look forward to trying. Hope all your work went well.

A quick question for anyone- I have been counting total carbs but a friend is doing keto with much success and said they count net carbs…I use MyFitnessPal (the free version) so am I doing this correct?
    Thanks

• posted by Choccybuttons
    on

Thanks guys. Went for the water fast just to see if my sinus issues cleared up. Amazingly they did and I stopped snoring. They have come back now iv started eating so just have to work out what food is the issue. On positive side I discovered soya protein powder, a scoop in my coconut yogurt is really helping boost protein levels and feel so much fuller.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! I think you are spot on, I have had a busy week for my first week as a ‘lady of leisure ‘ ! This week will be a lot calmer.
    Here we are mid July already !!! So as always I will set up the new weekly thread and see you over there !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! I think you are spot on, I have had a busy week for my first week as a ‘lady of leisure ‘ ! This week will be a lot calmer.
    Here we are mid July already !!! So as always I will set up the new weekly thread and see you over there !

• posted by wendleg
    on

It’s set up, ready and waiting for you !!

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi 2eviltwins. If you are in the UK, Europe or Australia then yes you are counting your carbs correctly – it is the full amount listed with no deductions of fibre as that calculation is already done. Your friend is probably following a US plan/site (DietDoctor?) the USA uses net carbs. In the USA total carbs include fibre which is deducted to give net carbs. Hope that makes sense.

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Hi, hope you’ve all had a good weekend. I’ve had a busy one and am feeling tired still after it. I’ve yet to catch up on posts I’ve missed since I last logged in but will hopefully do this tomorrow.
    We celebrated our anniversary on Friday so my 800 calories per day went out of the window, not just on food but on alcohol too. Back to it today and weighed myself this morning and lost 3lbs. I’m so chuffed with that as I have never lost a big amount like that on any diet. I don’t see this as a diet though, it feels like a new WOL – kind of insurance for my old age. I’m still working my way through the book so I still have lots to learn but I’m finding this forum really helpful for picking up hints and tips.
    Anyway, hoping for another successful week. We go away at weekend for a week, staying in the UK so hoping for decent weather (dry would be good!) and planning on sticking to one main meal a day for my 800 calories including alcohol as we will be having a few drinks whilst away. My plan on return is to do 12 weeks on 800 without alcohol as it is unnecessary calories. I’ll see how that goes.
    Hope everyone has a good week.

• posted by wendleg
    on

This is a shout out to Rosyapple ( and anyone else who has been ‘absent ‘ for a time)
    Please let us know how you are doing..if things are tough right now we are alwways here to offer support xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.