ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning July 7th 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Would you believe we are now in July ??? It doesn’t seem 5 minutes since I was saying that about the month of June !
    Anyway here we are , ready to take on another month, one week at a time . Always ready to spur each other on and to welcome anyone who is embarking on this life changing way of eating.

Whatever your plans now lockdown is generally easing, (depending where you are ) , let’s stay focused on being healthy . If the summer brings carby temptations along with warmer temperatures and relaxed pub get togethers ;-), let’s not lose sight of the ultimate goal of looking after our health and well being .

Please come and (re) join us if you have been quiet, struggling , whatever. If you are one of our regular contributors, keep sharing !

Looking forward to a successful July !
    Wendy and Sunny B

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yes, here it is , the updated and ever growing list of contributors to the weekly thread !

SunnyB
    Merrymelba
    Niamh and Dean ( Neegan)
    EC
    Caronl
    Clarinet cathy
    Bryla
    Windyjulz
    Georgiejeorge
    oLive 1
    Puddy
    Dreamscometrue
    Gattina
    melH
    rosyapple
    LovesGroodles

timetochange
    Patricia
    Articfox
    Double Dutch
    PTR
    Britta
    Film24
    Rebeccakershaw
    JGwen (of course !!)

PlumpGoose
    Russianroulade
    DebbieDarko
    weebleswobble
    nicoles212
    Steviep
    Zuzuvela
    Frog
    GreenGal
    EachPeach
    SusieMac1957
    Limes254
    Butterlover
    PhoenixBurns
    Quetzal
    Waitaminute
    Riccoh
    Tulip1 (Clare)
    ADD6605(Dawn)
    Gyllb
    EllieAllegra

Roheryn
    AuroraB
    Sweetgirl
    BlueSkyz
    Karenwm
    SusieMac1957
    Jeremy Fisher
    ClemFlo
    LR800
    Eowyn
    Kevlondon and Mrs Kev
    Scubado
    Lulu16
    Shammy
    sunshine-girl !!!
    Beattie66
    2eviltwins
    Violinist ( Catherine)
    Sarah 1968
    Angelsand

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the new thread, Wendy. I’m sure we will be joined by many of our merry band. The last weekly thread was full of determination, compassion and humour and I’m confident that will continue.

In the interest of transparency, I continue to remain at or comfortable close to target, so am ticking over nicely in maintenance. That’s not to say there are not the occasional slips and blips, but overall things are good.

There were some excellent results posted by a number of contributors last week, both on and off the scales and I’m looking forward to hearing more of the same in the coming week too.

• posted by Sarah1968
    on

W2D1 and wee’ing for England today. 😀

• posted by LR800
    on

Hey everyone! Happy July!

After my previous post about plateauing in week 3 I managed to loose some weight towards the end of the week and towards the end of week 4 I seemed to be back on track and the lowest I’ve been so far. On Friday we started to do some very manual work to our house which we have been doing ever since. I thought this would be a great way of losing a few more pounds but to my surprise I’ve been steadily gaining ever since. It’s now day 4 of our house project and I seem to be on an upward trajectory scales wise, which is baffling seeing as this is the most active I have been since lockdown. Anyone got any clues as to why this may be? I initially thought muscle weight but I can’t imagine it would affect the scales that quickly.

Anyway hope everyone had a good Monday and looking forward to hearing how you all are!

• posted by Britta
    on

Hi all
    I’m here for another week albeit in a 5:2 version instead of the 800. I seem to be destined to be fighting my way through the hormonal purgatory that is perimenopause (yuk!) right about now and something has to give. I’m very happy with the result of the first 10 weeks, but I need a bit of a break before the next phase and 5:2 seems more doable at the moment.

Fingers crossed for a good week for everyone!

• posted by Russianroulade
    on

Hello all. How’s it going? Lockdown blues and my birthday month got the better of me, but I’m
    back.
    Week 1 Day 1. We’ve got this!

• posted by Bryla
    on

Hi everyone. Referring back to the previous thread, wow RosyA! Two wonderful milestones in a week- just delighted for you.

So glad you are riding high after the first 10 weeks, Britta. I hope 5:2 gives you a bit of respite and you have a good week too.

LR800- I would suggest that if you know you are sticking to plan then the strange readings on the scales will resolve pretty quickly. The only things I can think of are that you might want to make sure that you are really keeping your fluids up to compensate for what you are losing through physical labour. And I’ve read that when we start a new type of exercise (which I suppose you have, with all your hard work) we can see some weight gain because it can cause an inflammatory response as our muscles adjust. In any case, if your calories and carbs are under control then it would seem very unlikely that the creeping scales are the result of any new fat stores. Stick with it! I think lots of us see some strange things happening a few weeks in, but it all comes out in the wash. If you haven’t already, it might be worth taking some measurements so that you have a non-scales reference point.

I decided yesterday morning to try to extend my regular 24h fast. I only managed an extra 3 hrs before succumbing to a small cheese and ham snack. Not too disappointed – it’s still a record! I’ll give it another go when the mood takes me. I’m still having a tough time emotionally with the relaxation of rules not having had any positive impact on my own world just yet in social or work terms. I can’t express how much it would mean to be able to touch another person (even a handshake would do it) after 4 months, but I know I mustn’t dwell on that because it could be a very long time yet before that changes. And I should probably thank lockdown for giving me the best possible chance to consolidate this WOE without the usual temptations!

Have a great week, everyone! Let’s keep aiming for progress not perfection.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hi!
    Thanks for setting up the weekly thread Wendy and Sunny, I’m very appreciative!
    So, half way to goal and my BMI is now under 30 and according to the NHS I am no longer obese, merely overweight!!
    I am feeling wobbly both physically and mentally. Impatient and self conscious.
    Been for my walk and will be doing more of these than usual this week as I’ve no more shifts with the girls for some days now.
    Have a good week everyone x
    🧡🌹🍏

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Hi all,
    Thanks Wendy for keeping us going. And thanks Sunny, you are really inspirational by showing that it is possible to get to goal and keep ticking away at maintenance. You make it sound so easy! Really motivating!
    I’m doing last week of work before 4 weeks of holiday. No big plans, but a much needed break from this strange spring.
    I know holiday can be a hard time for me with staying on track with eating, that I treat myself to a bit extra. Will prepare mentally this week to find another approach. Was thinking I will treat myself to a daily 15 min stretch program perhaps combined with some mindfulness exercises. Can also treat myself with some longer walks in nature and some new plants for my garden. New perspectives needed on what is a treat!
    Was 0.5 kg down last week, am hoping for the same next week. 0.5 kg per week is my average since starting in Jan (except the first 2 week wosh). Not fast but it gets me to where I want to go 😊

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Hello, I started 800 calories per day yesterday and have come across this forum and wondered is this is a support forum for others following the same eating plan. If so, can I please join to help me along the way? Look forward to getting to know you all. I successfully followed the 5:2 diet a few years ago but have gained weight during lockdown and decided I needed a kick start.

• posted by DoubleDutch
    on

Hello all,
    I’ve been a bit quiet on this thread, I’ve decided to maintain for a few weeks and decide late July where to go next. I’ll be here reading about all of your journeys though!

I’ve posted a ginormous story including before / after pics here:

https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/6-months-on-fast800-results/

Hope to encourage people just starting out to hang in there. I’m so so glad I’ve found this WoE!

DD

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good morning to you all from Florida! Wendy, thank you for starting the thread. Unfortunately Florida is not doing well with covid and we are definitely at home for the rest of the year with no travel and no visitors. We do a lot of face time and zoom get togethers with my 92 year old mom and 9 brothers and sisters and children and grand children. Whew!

Anyway, like you, I am focusing on what I can control, exercise and nutrition. Thinking out loud, I really must take my violin out more too. I really miss my weekly orchestra get togethers and my weekly volunteering.

Goals for this month include keeping the carbs down under 30 grams. Doing that takes care of everything else, really. I hope you all have a great Tuesday, or whatever day it is in your part of the world!

Catherine

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lecurie, yes, you’ve definitely found the right place for support, encouragement and advice on this way of eating, welcome aboard. Shout if you have any questions or struggle in anyway, someone will reach out.
    Rosy, 🤸‍♂️🎉🤸‍♂️🎉 brilliant!! Two milestones achieved! Keep an eye on how far you have come, you have done brilliantly and I know you have the strength to get to your goal …. feeling wobbly or not.
    Violinist, sorry to hear you will be in lockdown for months yet. Pleased you have a coping plan though.
    Olive, good thinking on finding new ways to treat yourself. I can recommend stretching and mindfulness. I do a daily meditation and qigong session, which has proved very valuable, in that I’m less stressed and sleep better, which can only be for the good. Thanks for the kind words about my maintenance, but I really hope it doesn’t sound boastful in anyway. Getting a grip on maintenance can feel very daunting, after all it’s taking a step out of the 800 comfort zone. But if what Wendy, I and others are doing shows that maintenance need not be stressful, all well and good.
    DD, hope your period of maintenance goes well. Please keep posting to let us know how you are getting on. That applies to you too Britta, even if you’re swapping to 5:2 for awhile, please keep posting.
    Russian, glad to see you joining in again. Lockdown has knocked a lot of people off course, many of whom are joining us here again. We’ll look forward to reading about your progress.
    LR, think the blip upwards on the scales is probably due to inflammation caused by the exercise. It will settle though and you’ll be seeing things move in the right direction again soon. Meanwhile, keep an eye on the non scales victories.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi everyone
    A difficult day for us in Melbourne – from tomorrow we are going back into stay-at-home for 6 more weeks. Can go to work and the supermarket, and exercise outside with one other person. Stronger restrictions than first round of stay-at-home where we could have one visitor. This time no visitors and my work has closed down. I live alone (and love that!) , and last lockdown had my brother staying here (had its good and bad points! lol) This time it’s me and the dogs 🙂 🐕🐕 All will be well and I have the incredible benefit of having a garden . It’s the middle of winter here – mild compared to the UK and northern USA- but dreary and a bit wet and cold.
    So – my plan was to be back to stricter 800cal/20g this month, but I will adjust that to aim for 16/8 which is my normal and keep an eye on the carbs. I don’t keep bread, pasta, biscuits, etc in the house, so try to keep myself to cheese and olives and 95% choc if I need something to soothe.
    Keep safe and well everyone
    AND MANY MANY congratulations Wendy on your retirement! Maybe in a year or two you will be able to visit Australia and your sons.
    In the meantime I know you have so much to keep your mind and soul nourished and occupied.
    🌺🌺🌺

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone. I’m doing better .with my planning and today.feeling like I’ve got control of my impulses .So we will see.best wishes to all.
    Melba,Sorry you are back to lockdown I’m so grateful that we are in stage 4 in Perth.take care of yourself.

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Thanks SunnyB. Can I ask whether anyone thinks it is worth my while buying the 800 fast diet book by Dr Moseley? I have the original fast diet book but am unsure about references to carbs and protein now for doing 800 fast days. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, yes Wendleg I am still around. Why do you put my name with !!! at the end, something I dont know about. Anyway, enjoy your retirement.
    I stuck to the plan and have lost 4 lbs so very happy. Normally on a Friday I am saying lost xxx lbs and on Monday I am saying ‘put it back on, back to square one’. So this is just one week now got plenty of time as we cancelled our holiday to Spain to meet up with daughter and grandsons plus her partner and his 3 children. Method in my madness. She has forgiven me as she is now getting nervous herself and so is her house sitter. We still plan to go back to UK in September but we can lock ourselves down at daughters. We currently have a glut of courgettes so I made courgette and hallumi fritters for lunch and I finished off half a bowl of mushroom soup from yesterday. Recipe says 168 calories for 8 fritters and I only ate 4 with some left for lunch tomorrow (hubby had one so only 3 left). They were a bit like eating pancakes although I only used 1 egg instead of 2 as the recipe said, so even less calories. Have a good week everyone.

on

Suspicious of the calories for the fritters at 168 for 8, went back onto the site and it said 127 for 8, so I got it wrong. But put the ingredients into the site I use and, including the oil for cooking came out at 600 calories. Glad I only ate half of them. Always do your own checking.

• posted by Verano
    on

It was my fourth BSD birthday on the 5th and so it’s a time of reflection and renewal for me now.
    Half way through 2020 and I’m maintaining nicely but the only problem is that’s it a far higher weight than I’m comfortable with!
    I have continued to eat low carb without bread, potatoes, pasta or rice. So the good news is that, from finger pricks, my blood sugar seems to be stable but I’ve not had an HbA1c for over a year. Hopefully I will get a review in the not too distant future! Anyway, I thought as we still have half a year to go, some accountability might really help me move downwards again.
    Wendy and Sunny huge thanks for this thread it’s really is so helpful for so many people. It’s good to see lots of new and returning travellers. My goals are really modest just 1lb a week would be fine.
    So here I go ….. yet again!
    Wendy, I guess you are now a ‘lady of leisure’. Enjoy your retirement and let this be the beginning of a new and really exciting phase for you x

• posted by Riccoh
    on

Another week in and so happy with my results. My SIL had her gastric sleeve op on Friday and was back in hospital yesterday with complications. Bleeding into the abdomen. More surgery. ICU. Very rare apparently.

I have developed so many new habits. This has been truly life saving. I think COVID and isolation has helped. Slowly emerging. Ate out twice this week and made good choices. One meal only on those days and 16:8 the other days.

Welcome Lecurie. This group offers great support and advice.

DoubleDutch, I read your other post. Well done. You must feel amazing.

MerryMelba. I’m in Sydney. I can’t imagine being in strict lock down again. I think we are all good here. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I found lockdown was a great time to start new habits and this time, for the first time in many years, they seem to have stuck with me.

Waitaminute, how are you going?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Happy 4th BSD birthday, V 🤸‍♂️🎉🍾 I am sure you’ll quickly sort out the pounds you don’t want. Once you get back to the regime, it all fall into place quite easily I’m sure.
    Riccoh, good to see you here again … pleased all is going well.
    Sunshine, you’re so right about checking values ourselves, especially important whilst in weigh loss phase. Well done on consolidating that loss over the weekend.
    Lecurie, I only ever had the original Fast800 book, so perhaps someone else will give advise about whether getting the newer one too is a good move.
    Butterlover, glad you’re doing well.
    Merry, sorry you are back in lockdown. Stay safe and look after yourself. Sounds like you have a good plan for making this period a good BSD one.
    Great to see so many of our usual contributors checking in. Keep on keeping on everyone.

• posted by Jeremy Fisher
    on

Week 4: No weight loss (or gain), but 1/2 inch off my waste. Was a bit naughty this week and my daily calories were over my 1150 target most days. Carbs were still low. I’ve decided to take a break for 2 weeks which I hope will get my determination back. Two runs since being back on carbs… Running is a different world – so much energy and so much faster and so much more pleasurable!

Progress so far:

Week 1: Lost 8lb. 800 cals. TRE. Great results, but a tough week with ‘carb flu’ and horrendous running that turned into walks.
    Week 2: Lost 2lb. 1150cals, low carb, and no longer TRE to make life easier. Running a little better but still some walking needed.
    Week 3 (this week): Lost 2.5lb. 1150 cals. One day on unlimited cals, but low carb all day. Increased running mileage to burn more calories and did 5 runs. No need to walk in runs this week – more back to normal.
    Week 4: As above.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! Thanks for your good wishes V .I don’t really feel like a lady of leisure just yet as this is normal school holidays but September will be a different story ! I am just enjoying the summer although our usual activities have not resumed.I love a mooch around a ‘vide grenier’ but not this year.The markets are open though and I just love the abundance of veg available at this time of year.

I hope you can get back on your travels again V. I always loved the idea of going away in September but we have nothing planned outside France. Happy Anniversary ! I am approaching 2 years ( September 1st) Let’s keep going together !

Sunshine-girl….the reason for the !!!! at the end of your name was to express my enthusiasm at receiving a retirement gift of several nights in a guest house in Sarlat in the Dordogne. Nothing sinister 😉 
    Sorry you had to change your holiday plans but I am sure there will be other occasions.

Welcome Lecurie ! You are now on the list of thread contributors.All the very best to you. I enjoyed reading anything I could get my hands on about nutrition, low carb as well as videos .Do you need to control diabetes ?

Lovely to see you checking in Butterlover. We are always here to support you and well done on controlling the cravings.

Hi Merry ! Thank you for your good wishes.Yes, a return to Australia to visit my boys and hubby’s daughter will happen but we can’t really plan yet. Last time we divided our time between Tasmania (hi EC !) and Cairns but now I don’t have the contraints of work we can stay longer and of course visit Melbourne too. My son continues to work from home after expecting to be back in to work so the new lockdown restrictions are unfortunate but there you go . I do remember you mentioned a writing project some time back ? Could you develop that for the next few weeks while the libraries are closed and your brother is not there with his stash of carbs ?

I had better get moving now .Have agreat day/evening everyone xx

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Hey folks. Good to catch up, and see so many posts. 🙂

I’ve had a difficult few days, mentally been struggling, assume its a combination of life factors which have just made things hard (horse had surgery and now has 6 week rehab which will be a bit challenging, other horse needs an xray, relief OHs job situation seems resolved, rubbish weather hampering garden efforts, making a guy in my team at work redundant) we are on “holiday” and the foul weather and COVID restrictions made me feel hemmed in yesterday….. and we would normally ‘treat’ ourselves to all things baked when on holiday – bagels, fruit scones, malteaser slice….. and I kinda felt miserable worrying about food yesterday. In a last ditch attempt to perk myself up, i went on a quest for some endorphins and did a pretty quick 3km run – felt amazing! Think I’ve been missing some proper heart moving exercise. Lesson learned.
    Anyway, so I have been over on calories, had an apple as a treat and not nailed the past few days as planned….but I’ve been low carb, eaten plenty of stuff that is really good for me and, I think, found my mo-jo.
    Funny how we all have good days and bad days, and I think i struggle through the bad days as i would normally turn to food and that comforter is no longer used….. but it makes me feel a bit sad and blue and lost in those moments.

Hoping to do one meal today, have a good 16:8 2 meal day tomorrow and one meal on Friday to try and get back on track. Planning a modest and controlled weekend, no alcohol, lots of salad – cant believe how much i love a salad these days. Like genuinely love it!

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Morning everyone, not really sure of this forum’s guidelines but thought I’d say hello each day. I am really enjoying reading the comments and learning about this new way of life. I don’t have diabetes, not yet anyway, but I’ve gained a stone and a half during UK lockdown and really want to lose this but mostly want to manage my eating better and create better habits. Since starting 800 calories on Monday I’ve had more energy than before and the hunger seems manageable as I keep drinking lots of boiled and cold water which seems to keep me filled. Previously I tried to 5:2 with success but found that I over ate on my non fast days. I’ve felt rubbish during lockdown, I’ve not exercised or been motivated to eat healthily but I’ve now got to the point where I have to do this otherwise I’ll just get bigger and bigger. The last two days I’ve walked our dog for an hour and a half each morning and found that this sets me up for the day, making me feel more energised and determined to have a good day. I’ve ordered the 800 book and am half way through reading the original fast diet book. I’m taking all the learning I can from the advice on this forum and want to get my head around the 20g of carbs – I’m unsure if this is per day? I know carbs are my enemy because I crave and eat lots of bread usually but have cut right back on my bread intake recently. Oh and I’m vegetarian, I don’t have milk or eggs unless they are binding ingredients in a recipe. I love humous and salads and cheese and am thinking of inventive ways to make my 800 calories work for me. Hope you all have a good day and thanks for your welcomes to this forum.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hi everyone! Where’s summer?!!
    Got all excited yesterday, I wore a white linen dress, a first for me as I tended to stick to darker colours to help hide the bulges (didn’t work, they were still there 😂) Also white is very eye catching and I didn’t like to draw attention. So, jeans and a waterproof today… jeans that I can now take off without undoing and need a belt for. Yay!
    WindyJulz, good to see you, sorry to hear that you’ve not been feeling too good of late (know the feeling). C’mon girl!… Hope the horses recover too.
    Have a good day all 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Rosy, wonderful post, thrilled you ventured to wear your white dress in public and that those Jean’s need tethering to stay up!
    Lecurie, feel free to post whenever the urge takes you, there are no rules in that regard. Sounds like you’re beginning to grasp the principles of the Fast800. I had the same problem on the 5:2, really struggled yo control the intake on the ‘normal’ eating days. Don’t feel you have to push your carb intake down to 20g daily, this is only necessary for those who are insulin resistant. Why not start with a higher figure …. some people are successful at 100g per day, so it’s really a case of experimenting to see how low you need your carb level to lose consistently.
    Julz, sorry you’re struggling at the moment, but it sounds to me as though you are identifying coping mechanisms and that is a huge non-scale victory. Fingers crossed for both horses returning to good health. I know you’ll be doing your utmost for them.

Finally, well done to everyone reporting achievement, both on and off the scales. Keep on keeping on!

• posted by Kevlondon
    on

Week 2 completed, and a variable result. I lost 2lb to give me a total of 9lb over 2 weeks, Mrs Kev lost 4lb for a total of 16lb. We made a few slipups along the way, mainly getting the quantities wrong in a few recipes and allowing ourselves too much protein, goats cheese etc. Also I had a few too many handfuls of nuts between meals when I was hungry.

This week we’re redoubling our efforts to stick to the correct quantities, although we’re still padding some meals out with extra green veg or salad, depending what it is. Still avoiding all the ‘wrong’ stuff like pasta, rice and potatoes, and having a sliver of bread only in recipes where it is allowed (mushrooms on toast, for example). I’m laying off the nuts – if I need a snack, I’ll have a boiled egg as it’s half the calories, or a mug of Bovril as it’s even less.

Hoping to pull a better loss next week and get closer to my first stone lost.

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Thanks SunnyB, I’m finding I’m learning a lot from reading posts on here and will read the book when it’s delivered today. Thanks for the info re carbs. I have always felt carbs were my enemy as I never seem to get rid of my bloated belly hence cutting right down on bread. It’s good to be part of a community of like minded folk and the fact it’s one week at a time feels so doable for me right now.

on

No weight loss so far since Monday but sticking with it. Not too sad about missing the holiday, in fact I think I am one of those people who actually enjoy lockdown to some extent. Dont even miss restaurants as I am always fretting about what I can or cant eat. The main thing for me was the not knowing. Can we go, cant we. What will happen when we are there, what will be open, if I dont go what will I tell my cat sitters as our house is their holiday, can they come in etc etc. It was all going round and round in my head so not sleeping, thinking about it all the time. As soon as I said ‘I am not going’ I suddenly began to relax and feel better. Daughter okay about it and cat sitters were lovely when I told them. I am not phobic about going out but very scared of Covid due to underlying health problems for both of us. September will be a better time for us and we are just heading straight for our daughter’s house where we can stay in or go out or whatever. Anyone else feel stressed about the unlocking of the restrictions.
    Wendleg, you will come to terms with your new situation. Just give yourself time. Sorry your break (in Sarlat?) was a washout, nothing to do with me, I dont live anywhere near there, several hundred miles away. Thought the !!! was in mistaken place of my sign off – keep on keeping on… three full stops. Chin up girl, retirement can be a big shock not helped by the sh-tstorm going on all around us.
    Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Britta
    on

Just a quick message to say I’m still looking in to see how everyone is doing despite my diet holiday. Weight wise I’m maintaining which is the basic idea for now. Have added some complex carbs like pulses and quinoa (which helps against my increasing meat fatigue), and paused the calorie counting, but otherwise sticking to the same stuff as I have been and the same ‘eating window’. I weigh myself almost daily to be sure that things don’t get out of hand.
    Also have started new regime of various herbal remedies supposed to help balance hormones (recommended by my GP who said ‘for the unlucky ones peri menopause can be horrendous and go on for years and nothing much helps, but these things seem to help some people, although I cannot tell you why!). I’m hoping I’ll be back in business for another round in a few weeks.

• posted by 2eviltwins
    on

Hello To All! I have enjoyed reading your comments daily and have gotten some great advice. Last week did not go well as my willpower got the best of me but I have not let it get me down. I did meal prep and started over today much better prepared. I also did 30 mins of working out which I normally do 0 mins. Feeling great 👍🏽 thanks 😊 for all the support .

Sarah1968 – thank you for sharing your meal plan – it was so helpful. 🦄💗

• posted by SunnyB
    on

2eviltwins, sorry last week didn’t go so well, but it sounds like you haven’t allowed that to get in your way and you’ve made a good start to another week. Once you get properly into the swing of things, it will get easier …. promise.
    Sunshine girl, good to have you posting. Glad that your stress levels are down, now that your decision on the holiday has been made.
    Britta, thanks for checking whilst on your period of maintenance, please do keep us posted.
    Lecurie, could you maybe try getting rid of bread completely? You might find that doing so helps to get rid of that bloat. The one week at a time certainly does make the process feel more manageable, especially when first starting out.
    “If you’re facing in the right direction, all you need to do is keep going”

• posted by 2eviltwins
    on

Hi SunnyB – Thanks so much for the encouragement – took your advice and am starting out at 50g of carbs this week – much more manageable – set up meal prep for the week and most days are 50g or a little less. Just jumping in and trying too much too fast was a mistake.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You sound very organised 2eviltwins, I’m sure you’ll settle into the regime just fine. See how you go on 50g and you can always review later if need be, but no point making things unnecessarily hard, especially in the early days.
    Kev, sorry I missed mentioning how well you and Mrs Kev are doing. You have both made excellent progress. Try not to compare your personal progress to that of others …. even Mrs Kev. We are all unique and some of us are just by nature slow losers … I fall into that category myself. There is a learning curve with this way of eating and slips and trips long the way are far from uncommon especially 8n the early days. The good thing is you have been able to identify where these were and are formulating a way forward.

• posted by EC
    on

Good morning from the far south!
    Again….apologies I’m such an intermittent poster here, but still in for the long haul! Now into round two of the eight weeks
    Wendy belated congrats on your retirement-from the experiences of my friends that have recently retired, you’ll probably find yourself busier than ever!…and hope you do make it back down our way. It truly is a temperate paradise!
    Sunshine-girl totally understand your anxieties about easing of restrictions….even here in Tas where we’ve had no known cases for almost three months, I’m reluctant to socialise just yet and also, we are scheduled to open state border on 24th, (except to poor Victorians) so the risk increases again. Fortunately our three days at Cradle Mountain are booked for just before the borders open. Merry Melba I feel for you over there and hope you’re OK. We have three children in Vic-two with young families in the inner north so back in lockdown, so feeling for you all (and missing the family!)
    Lecurie, I keep only below 40-50 carbs and losing slowly but steadily. As a vegetarian (I’m mostly vegetarian with occ fish) its too hard to get adequate protein on below 20 as legumes (apart from tofu) are higher carb….but SO good for you!!
    I’m mostly on track still-if I slip I’m back on deck by the next meal, so feel quite settled in WOE-and NSVs continue! I’m currently wearing my favourite woollen trousers that I haven’t been able to fit into for two years….and the waist cms are FINALLY slightly down (well behind the fact that my belly is obviously way smaller!) I’m not pre-diabetic, so the waist cm (apart from vanity) is my primary aim with a strong FH of CVD
    Anyhow, work beckons
    I’ll try to check in more regularly so my posts are not so voluble!

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hello 🌞
    Another day! Beginning to feel a little more myself again.
    After my walk (really pushed myself) I sat down and did a half way to goal review. I came up with a few ideas as I’ve been slacking a bit though not going off the rails!!
    1. Measure and drink 2L of water.
    2. Take cider vinegar before each meal.
    3. Keep an eye on carbs and cals. Obviously!
    4. Walk on the days I’m not working early mornings.
    5. Stop having cream in coffee. Limit tea to 1.
    6. Swap fruit sponge pudding and double cream for fruit salad and single cream on BBQ days.
    7. Stay positive! Most important!
    Well, I’ve said it and hold myself accountable.
    Wishing you all a good day x
    🧡🌹🍏

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

8. Fast for 14 hours out of 24.

• posted by Jeremy Fisher
    on

What’s with Cider Vinegar Rosyapple? That’s a new one on me. Sounds horrible!!

on

Hi all, still stuck at Mondays weight but I know it will shift soon. I take a tablespoon of cider vinegar in warm water every morning. I will let Rosyapple tell you what it is for, maybe she uses it for a different purpose to me as it has many good properties. 32 degrees here so far so a late swim I think or I will burn out there. Have a good day everyone.

• posted by 2eviltwins
    on

Kevlondon – You and Mrs Kev are doing great. I just started week 1 over and would be thrilled 😄 with your weight loss! Keep up the great work.👯‍♀️

EC – Glad for your post. My biggest problem is also being vegetarian (with occasional fish) and cutting out legumes. I meal prepped this week but it took long – any ideas or can you let me know what you are eating. I am also starting on around 50g carbs per SunnyB’s recommendation. 🦄

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hi Jeremy, apple cider vinegar MAY help with :
    Digestion,
    Constipation,
    High blood pressure,
    Improved insulin sensitivity,
    Inflammation,
    Reducing appetite therefore weight loss,
    It contains trace elements and as a fermented food it is supposed to be good for gut health.
    So, I’m willing to give it a go, a tsp or 2 (organic, unfiltered, with the mother) in water before meals followed by a bit more water to rinse the teeth. I happen to like the taste too! Sometimes I add a dash of cayenne which is reportedly supposed to up the metabolism. 🧡🌹🍏

on

I use cider vinegar to help control my blood glucose levels, and i quite like the taste, nice with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Hi, it’s 7.15pm in the UK and today I managed an hour walk with the dog which I’m proud of. I’ve stuck to 800 calories per day since Monday and am really enjoying my salad or veg evening meals. I drink black decaf coffee in the mornings then boiled water the rest of the day so whilst I was hungry by time I ate today, around 6pm, I didn’t have a headache or feel bad in any way. Intermittent fasting makes me feel more focused and sharp and grateful for the food I eat; I feel like I’m eating my food more mindfully.
    Thanks a lot EC for comment on carbs, I’ve screen shotted your reply as my memory is awful! This is the aspect I’m getting my head around whilst still learning.
    I’m intrigued about the apple cider vinegar too!

• posted by EC
    on

Hi 2eviltwins and Lecurie
    I’m always happy to share recipes……some of my go-tos are; miso and veg soup (homemade with lots of veg) and added tahini, scrambled tofu with my special aubergine recipe (I’ll try to put on the recipe site-or happy to email a whole file of recipes) cauliflower leek and tofu feta soup, (you can use dairy feta), roast pumpkin and chickpea soup with harissa, smoked tofu with said aubergine or my homemade kasundi, braised Chinese red cabbage smoked tofu with said aubergine, whole baked cauliflower with tahini and lemon dressing (the dressing is also great on steamed veg!) a Morrocan fish tagine dish with chermoula and an easy ratatouille with black beans.
    I’m madly trying to finish yet another grant application today but will get to it all tomorrow (as I mentioned, happy to email all if you’d like!-as you may have guessed I do like cooking!)
    I generally manage to stay under 50g carbs with these so do-able
    It’s winter here so not many salads on my mind atm!!

• posted by Lecurie
    on

Morning.
    Wow EC, you really are a cook! I always forget about tofu because I’ve had limited success with it previously but thanks for reminding me about it. I’d very gladly accept any recipes you can share and happy to give you my email address or happy to look on recipe site if you can direct me to it. Best of luck completing your grant application today.
    I’m up earlier than usual today but it’s a beautiful morning here so I plan taking the dog out for an early walk and then I’ve the day to enjoy reading The Fast 800 plus some boring housework.
    Hope you all have a good day.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hello everyone 🌞
    Accidentally did a 16 hour fast yesterday and it felt ok, this time I didn’t overeat either.
    Lecurie, even as a carnivore I enjoy tofu and also tempeh. My favourite way with tofu is to cut a block of smoked into pieces about 2 × 1 × half a centimetre, fry for a minute in 1 tbsp of olive oil then add 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce and 1 of sesame seeds. Keep frying til there’s crispy bits. Nice with stir fried vegetables.
    As for the tempeh I slice it and marinate it overnight in 2tbsp of soy sauce with a knob of grated ginger and 2 fat cloves of crushed garlic. I bake it for 30 mins, turning once. Also good with a stir fry. 😊
    WindyJulz, how are you up there in (hopefully) sunny Scotland? How are your horses?
    Have a great day everyone 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi everyone, I’m still struggling on. Feeling a bit low today 🙁 Work has been crazy the last couple of weeks but I’m still trying to press on with LCHF eating. I’ve lost 10lbs since my peak weight earlier in lockdown…but still have nearly 10x this amount to lose. Still, bit by bit I’ll get there. In more upbeat matters, the sun is out here at the moment and it’s nearly the weekend 🙂 Hope everyone is safe and well x

Please log in or register to post a reply.