ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning July 2nd 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Allie! It’s actually cooled down quite a bit – but aircon is definitely not standard – I live in a typical redbrick late Victorian house; and yes, it is in pale colours, but with some pops – Kafin has a couple of pics (incl one of me seen from rear..) – Kafin, please feel free to fwd to Allie! I have two turkeys (of the smaller variety!) to go to get to original target I set in January of 136 lbs, but I’d feel good just getting rid of one of them, and seeing reduction in the wobbly belly. Don’t know why it all seems much squishier and expanding… I posted the other day after you had mentioned your doctor’s appointment – I am sure you don’t need to beat yourself up and your wriggle room will (if not already) be back! It may also of course be, because your clothes fit the same, that it is bone and muscle building up! The dogs bark when I pedal and obviously can’t work out what this strange human activity is….

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone ( evening Elky ,Merry and Duckie ! ) ! I have a little World Clock app on my phone so I know instantly what time it is in different parts of the word ( mainly so I don’ t ring my boys in the middle of the night 😉 😉 )
    Allie and Kirsten are still snoozing ..I hope so anyway. Insomnia is no joke .

Thanks 6T , we leave for Sardinia tomorrow so today will be taken up with packing and tidying. I don’t intend to bring back clothes from Sardinia as I have my new Gudrun sale purchases so fortunately I won’ t need to wear multiple layers of clothing on the plane 🙂 Phew !! I do however intend to source lots of different chili peppers so I can begin my fermenting adventure on my return. They don’t weigh much !! I also have an exercise bike 6T which I need to get back into the habit of using rather than it posing as an extra bit of furniture !!

I did walk loads yesterday at the vide grenier and felt great which is a good test for Sardinia. I also bought a hotel key cabinet which will be perfect for displaying my earring collection !!!

I will set up a new weekly thread later on today and hopefully Birdy will feel well enough to host it…unless anyone else would be happy to step in ?? I will be checking in and posting when I can as I dearly hope this weekly thread can continue.
    See you all later xxx Have a lovely day xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Happy holiday Wendy!
    If Birdie isn’t well enough maybe Allie could take the baton?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Elky,
    I just read all posts on the forum using the latest posts option. So I am not on just one or two forums. Thank you for the mention of that book. – I came across this link to a podcast by the second author. – https://www.biohackerslab.com/ep74-dr-james-dinicolantonio/ On how different fats have different effects. But I am still promising myself to work through the podcasts from the keto conference in salt lake city earlier this year and haven’t had time to do that year.
    This year is so different to the summers in the last decade. I have so much more energy and feel capable of more, so when the sun is shining I am outside working on projects. – Just had a new fan belt fitted on my tractor so will be out on her for a few days this week catching up on chores.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Happy Holidays Wendy. Sunshine and chilis peppers sound delightful. Have a fab time!
    Congrats on the new bike 6Ts – I think my dogs would bark at it too!

We’re missing you Birdy – hope you are feeling better.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks Merry. I am about to set up a new weekly thread …see you over there xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

WOW, 6T! Only 2 turkeys left to go! You have done incredibly well, and I’m sure that the spinning will speed up the
    process, if the dogs can suffer through it 🙂 Our cats would freak out in the presence of the hoover (I think that’s what
    you call it?). When I turned it on they would levitate several feet in the air, and then head for the hills! I love Victorians!
    and I would love to see yours too. Like all interior designers, art and architecture are my “thing”. Being a “visual” type,
    I’ve had so much fun seeing the gardens and interiors of BSD friends! I can travel without ever leaving the house.
    I’m looking forward to seeing you on the new thread, and will tell kafin she has your permission to forward your photo
    of the house onto me…Thank you!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Allie, I’m afraid it’s not a full House & Garden spread, just a few pics of dogs and rear view of me (pre-being able to do up size 12 jeans, so now trimmer!), so just glimpses of decor in the background!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I will enjoy whatever I see, 6T! What breed are the fellows that share your home? My future husband presented me with
    a sealpoint siamese for my 20th birthday, and we’ve had them ever since. The herd is usually anywhere from 1-4, but
    the last little boy died a few years ago, and I don’t think an apartment is suitable, so we are childless at the moment!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Dogs are miniature smooth haired dachshunds – and there’s also a pic of the cat (Norwegian Forest). I used to have two Maine Coons, so went for big , friendly and fluffy again when I found myself missing a feline presence! Siamese are so beautiful – and very vocal too aren’t they?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Maine Coons are gorgeous, 6T! I don’t think I’ve ever met a cat that I didn’t like, however. You are quite right about
    the siamese breed, they ARE vocal! I think the phrase caterwalling was coined for them…They are very bright, active
    creatures, and when they were absent too long, we knew that they were up to something in another part of the house.
    Highly entertaining, though. I exchange “cat tales” with Kirsten, and I have met Albert! He must have been terrified by the
    recent earthquakes in southern Cali. Not to mention Kirsten as well! Unlike the hurricanes and blizzards that are more
    or less routine here in New England, earthquakes and tornadoes give no advance warning. Californians have a short
    memory though, and seem to forget about it until the next time the tectonic plates shift! These 2 recent quakes have
    people preparing emergency packs though, which seems like a good thing. Right, time to move over to the new thread…
    Thank you Wendy, for setting it up!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

6T – I will forward pics on to Allie. Allie, I owe you an email and it’s coming! Had horrible migraine yesterday so luckily all I had to do at court was sign the official documents and then come home. I wasn’t capable of doing anything yesterday, lost my vision and it was a doozy so just relaxing today but pics and email will happen at some point!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Kafin, I’m sorry that you’re feeling unwell. Do you think the migraine is the result of coming off the Zoloft? Thinking
    of you! Be kind to yourself, and get in contact when you are feeling better. You know I will be here xxx

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Allie – I’m not sure, I probably have a headache at least once a week and a migraine several times a year so I suspect it’s just me!! Xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.