ONE WEEK AT A TIME, beginning January 8, 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GangreneHeart
    on

I like the weekly thread too. I think it really helps me not focus on the off days or bad choices because each week those threads are forgotten and left behind.

Thanks for the support, encouragement, and well wishes Wendy and Allie. I’ve been reading all the posts over the week and putting this advice into action.

Oops! I can’t believe I forgot the link. https://orangepanda.jimdofree.com

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.I had a bad weekend in weight loss terms. Once again over confident and relaxed too much.I played with my new food processor a very expensive and much apreciated Christmas present. I made curry pastes , played with the grating /slicing blades and an amazing all in one cake .Needless to say there was a lot of tasting and nibbling. Plus uncontrolled portion sizes.This morning I gained 0.9 kg which is about my total loss for last week.Some of it will be fluid retention.I regret the weght gain but I must say I really enjoyed geting into the kitchen and making a few dishes. My son came in from work exhausted and was so pleased to see that I made him a cake.I havent had cake in the house for along time since I have no self control.Lesson learnt I’m back on plan today. I hope you all had a good weekend.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

He Wendleg! and SunshineGirl! I too have totally broken from the grains oats etc., which blew my glucose levels skyward. In my freezer, I do have a wonderful dense bread at 2.5 grms of carb per slice but even that with my legendary half-inch of butter is so delightful to my memory it is easy to allow it to become a regular with scrambled egg – (which was a favoured brekkie pre BSD!). So I ignore it totally now. Wendleg I believe you (were one f those who) helped me over the scales stile last week for which Im most grateful. Im back house-sitting again this week . . . and stepped aboard those same scales this morning. 1kg less than last week . . . so Im more than pleased to see that as I have just two-and-a-half weeks till my blood tests and subsequent return visit to endocrinologist. I doubt the requested 10cms reduction from girth will be achieved but a couple of cms is better than none! The oppressive heat we are having in Australia is making it easier to fast! Im having one meal a day . . . two coffees 50/50 milk and water with a dollop of thick cream, sprinkled with nutmeg . . . and maybe a couple of cubes of feta with a slice of (Christmas) leg ham, or chicken if I get peckish. Water is difficult to keep up but Im doing better than I have been πŸ™‚ I did notice it was easier to “do my thing” in my own home surroundings . . . but have brought a different mindset with me this week πŸ™‚ One week at A TIME!!! Good luck all!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Morning, all!

Butterlover, I’m happy that you’ve shrugged off the weekend detour, and are feeling back on track today.
    I know you have all the tools in your arsenal to do it πŸ™‚ I really like the idea of making your own curry pastes!
    Do you freeze them?

WoodDuckie, being back in your own surroundings after a lot of travel recently must agree with you! Look
    at that downward movement on the scales…Great work!

Amz, now THAT is a colorful dress! What fun to have a peek at your style πŸ™‚ Wendy enjoys wild prints,
    too. I followed her link to “Boden” dresses, and now every time I check my email, they appear on my screen
    in the form of advertisements!

Have a great Monday, Wallie followers! I’ll be setting up the new thread later in the day, so we can travel
    together for another week. Best wishes, V. We miss you!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Happy Monday to you all. Still stuck at a 3lb loss but, hey ho, it is a loss. Also, as a long term dieter I dont have the advantage of fluid loss in the first week. I have learnt from my mistake – yes still making them after 2.5 years on plan. Sometimes we just forget and sometimes we just want to try something different. For me the same low carb low calorie works. Will weigh in tomorrow. See you then and keep on keeping on…

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you Allie! Maybe it does – and yes Im so pleased with the discard . . . its been a really nice surprise . . even though Ive been diligent!!! And yes . . . in my own kitchen . . . with my own food choices all there . . . not on someone else’s time schedule . . . in their kitchen . . . choosing/eating from their menu n matter how thoughtful πŸ™‚ Do you have anything to add to my enquiry re torso itchiness at night and early morning . . . with no visible signs of reason – and loads of perspiration accompanying being really hot shortly after eating please. Welcome to newcomers and know you will have our support no matter what the intermittent results . . . because they all vary SO MUCH πŸ™‚ Just hop up on the waggon and enjoy the ride πŸ™‚

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi WoodDuckie !
    You are dong really well there ( despite the heat ) My son is travelling down from Cairns to Melbourne right now !

I found this article on dietdoctor.com about ‘keto rash’

https://www.dietdoctor.com/keto-rash-people-itch-low-carb

Maybe it will help in understanding your itchiness.??

Wendy x

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I think you may have hit on something there, Wendleg! I’d not heard of such a thing. πŸ™‚
    Kazzeexx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Amz that is one cool dress ! I have a dress that is too like a painting. More Picasso than Monet though πŸ˜‰

I have earrings which are an artist’s palette and a paintbrush !!

Yeah, I know I’m weird πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ !!!

You will soon be well on your way to parading confidently in your outfit and chosen accessories Amz !

Keep going everyone despite any little blips which can soon be corrected. Watch out for the new weekly thread which Allie will post xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a great, informative link, Wendy! Thank you for finding it. WoodDuckie, I hope acetone is what’s
    behind your symptoms! It sounds promising in terms of an explanation. Feel better soon!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Wendy! πŸ™‚
    Trust your son has a safe journey . . . LONG way from top to toe downunder!!! Thank you so much for your post and info πŸ™‚ While there is no rash . . . the itchiness sure could be . . . because Ive been SUPER vigilant with carbs for the past 6 months . . . and right now . . ? doing 14-16-18 hour fasting and only one meal a day – (which certainly suffices! and all mentioned in the article!!). So yes.. certainly the carbs will have been reduced even further!!! PLUS . . . (I stopped my) BP meds – (also mentioned) – due to light-headedness while I was away – (closer to the tropics, so way different temps and humidity played havoc with me as they have done all my life!). Have been checked recently as hanging around the 120/130 over 69-80 since. Im thinking 6 months can be a LONG time . . . but not in the general overall scheme of such a dramatic change in WOE. (Not to crow . . . BUT . . . achieved another 1kg gone today!!!!!!! Yippee! Back on the wagon!!!) Showering does help!!! . . . and bedlinen . . . along with almost everything I own – is cotton – as manmade fabrics and I dont really get along well so thats all easy! SO . . . coupled with continuing with the antihistamine which has helped . . . adding (more) frequent “quick shower rinses” especially with it being such a hot summer . . . and adding a little more carb – one I can tolerate without the side-effects – perhaps an extra creamy coffee . . . and/or the 2.5gm slice of toast – may be the answer or at least something to observe! Again THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing the research!!! and sharing. Loved the link . . . and quite chuffed to see the coffee I SO ENJOY!!! is featured there! (And all this time I thought I’d created the concoction!) Right now, Im making one, having a slice of ham . . . a couple of cubes of feta . . . and in spite of the predicted 40+oC temp today, Im looking forward to lunch out with a longtime friend whom I havent seen for MONTHS. Super pleased with the new look me when putting on a simple style old-fashioned look lace and pintuck yoke white buttoned through 3/4 sleeve blouse and multicoloured jerseyknit slimline with hemline-flare skirt. Look out world here I come!!! πŸ™‚ CheerLeader Duckie is holding marching practice at the head of the parade today. . .please bring batons and boots for the highknees workout!!! Have a GREAT day everyone!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good morning all. Started this week at 62.8kg, today = 62.3kg, thus a 0.5kg loss. I’m wondering how! This week was such a mixture of focus~no focus that I have no feeling of reward for effort. However, I’ll take it, of course, and endeavour to build on this next week.
    Well done, WoodDuckie, on your progress. I hope you’ve found the answer to your itch problem in the article. If was informative, wasn’t it?
    How to see some good results and then everyone on the next weekly thread.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, final weight loss for the week is 2.5 lbs. Not a gain, just miscalculated when converting from kgs to lbs. Not a great loss but made a few mistakes over the week with ‘good’ carbs that at not so good for me. Also I think I have been nibbling on too many nuts without counting or thinking about it. Further to that, I was not starting from scratch so didn’t have a water flush out. Still, it is a loss and another 7 weeks to go to goal. Jumping to next weekly challenge now.

• posted by GangreneHeart
    on

Duckie, well done! I love you positive attitude.
    Marie, take it as a win. I have felt a similar way before, but let keep at it.
    Yay,sunshine girl. You are doing great!
    Wendy and Allie, you are such great cheerleaders!
    Today I was 166.6. Down and down, which is nice, but I had an awesome nsv the other day. With the cold front in my area, I pulled out my lovely orange vintage coat and found out that it is too big. Last i year it was so tight that I had to move all buttons over to give myself more room. Now I’m going to have to move all those buttons back to their original place! A tedious, but happy chore.
    Tonight I’m making sushi!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Amz !
    You are doing great ! Well done for getting back on track and it’s fab that you are upbeat and positive.I am glad you can still wear your vintage coat when you have adjusted those buttons ! It sounds lovely!
    Keep posting and remember to pop over to the new weekly thread . See you there !

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

OH WHAT JOY!!!! Congratulations Amz!!! I never in a million years would have said . . . MOVING BUTTONS, taking up hems and changing waist elastics would bring smiles, excite and say SO MUCH but they do!!!! Quiet accolades and measures of success! WTG BSD’ers!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.