One week at a time beginning 3rd May 2021

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone . Not a joyful day as we attended a church funeral this afternoon ( a friend’s mum who had been ill for some time)and I have been helping another friend with paperwork here ( his son is struggling with his mental health ) So all in all a bit full on but being busy meant I could do my beginning of the week fast .

I am about to set up the new thread . Lauren has gone quiet ????

See you on the new thread xx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

I was about to ask about Lauren too xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thanks Ruby. It is not easy for any of us especially when we have been ‘fed’ such rubbish about food for years. I want him to watch the Dr Unwin video someone posted a couple of days ago. He asks patients what do you eat that is sugar and they tell him they have stopped eating cakes and biscuits and sweets so he asks again what do you eat that is also sugar and explains carbs. I love his analogy that carbs are glucose molecules holding hands until they get into the digestive system and are broken apart to become pure glucose again. I know something is going in as he has just asked me if he is allowed a square of chocolate – it is 85% so I said it was okay. Cant really deny him that as I have one most evenings. He knows what is good for him as he knows what I eat and dont eat but because he hasnt had a days sickness in his life until the AF started last year, he has never had to think about what he eats. I want to get him down so he doesnt have pre-diabetic numbers and hope this is a wake up call for him.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Sunshine Girl and Ruby G – thanks Ruby for the mention of the Dr Unwin video. I found it real interesting. It also led me to the website of his psychologist wife Dr Jen Unwin https://forkintheroad.co.uk/ She talks about her “fork in the road moment” on coming to realise about carb/sugar addiction. Maybe her book might be a good gift for your hubbies ?? 😁😸😁 Lots of resource info on her site.
    Chilly and wet autumn day here. Dogs and I are keeping warm inside, and I’m about to pickle some red onions. And thanks for the fermented peppers link Donna – they may be a bit spicy for me 🌢🌢. I made the lemon achar yesterday and didn’t have many chilis on hand, so I added some Korean gochujang. That ramped up the spice a bit.
    Day 11 of my mindful May. Having more food calories, but no wine!! 😊😊

• posted by Simonny9
    on

Hi. I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3rmi4DJAw and discovered why our fat cells are like water balloons, what ketogenesis is, and why we lose weight during the first week, and then the scales stop moving.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Simmony, just want to confirm that Dr Cindy is a great source of very easy to understand science on weight and weight loss. Well worth looking at.

Please log in or register to post a reply.