One Week at a time beginning 10th AUGUST 2021

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend. Only news here is that I lost 1kg this last week so on track for my 3lb loss or a smidge of a kilo. Have another week to do it so would like it to be another kilo which will mean I am only within half a kilo of my best weight. BG was 70 this morning and that is on 14 units so feeling great about that. I would be my dream to tell the doctor that I have stopped the insulin. Last time I saw him I told him I didnt need any as I have a small (not so small) stockpile. I still have plenty left so might not need any again. I only hope he is noting all this down.

Still holding our breath here for the passport saga to resolve. Dds bloke at glasgow office today and they say next Tuesday at the LATEST. Not really good enough as their flight is Monday but fingers crossed it arrives by Saturday. There is a contingency plan if it doesnt but this is costing a fortune. Hey ho.

Jeremy you are really making hard work of this and I salute you for your perseverance but you would do so much better if you just knocked the carbs on the head. You are so used to dieting or going without by now that it wont seem like much of a change and you will make so much more headway. As I always say, keep on keeping on….

RubyG, constipation can be such a pain, in more ways that one. Here TMI from me, I feel so good after a successful movement. I used to suffer quite a bit but since I started taking the daily probiotic capsule I seem to have no trouble. If I go one day without I always sprinkle some chia seeds on my breakfast yoghurt and it works so fast. I also have a thing about eggs so they help me, sometimes too much. That out of the way – yes we all poo.

Have a great week everyone.

• posted by Jeremy Fisher
    on

Thank you for being blunt SG.
    I agree I am making hard work of it.

New plan this week though, and all going so well so far (fast day today)!

In the end, I think that I do have to count calories because even when I’ve been very good on the low carbs (which, to be fair is most of the time), progress is still slow. Whenever I’ve been successful in the past with a diet I have always counted calories – I’d just been hoping not to!

Perhaps a fasting/lowish carb approach is my way to maintain when I get there because I’ve definitely achieved that in recent weeks!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Jeremy, this is a v.l. cal diet, 800 to be exact. Try your best, thats all you can do.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi everyone … there is a new weekly thread available now, which Wendy asked me to set up on her behalf. She will post on it herself tomorrow. We hope to see a good number of our usual contributors during the coming week, so please hop across and if you are new to the BSD just jump in and join us, taking things a week at a time.

• posted by Jeremy Fisher
    on

I lasted all of 1 week on an 800 calorie diet when I tried it. It’s not for me! I have a lot of respect for those of you that manage to do that. I could manage 1100 last year when I tried it but I had to do it in 3 week stints as I couldn’t manage it any longer. It worked well, and I lost around 16lbs in total over a few months on and off.

What I’ve been doing is more like the 5:2 (although really more of a 4:3)! But that doesn’t work if you each too much on the non-fasting days, so hence the 1500 cals a day restriction I’m working on this week. We’ll see how that goes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.