One small step for (wo)man…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lucy locket
    on

One giant leap to a healthier me, I hope!

Tomorrow marks the start of my BSD journey and I will no doubt be drawing strength, ideas and encouragement from here – and hopefully contributing a little too.

I am not diabetic nor pre-diabetic, but I have a grandmother and great-grandfather with diabetes. I am also very overweight and have been most of my life (I am 26 now). I lost 2 stone over a year ago, having initially been 17st 11lb, but have hit a plateau since. My boyfriend has been doing Slimming World for about 2.5 years and has lost around 5 stone, but we do not live together, which makes being on different diets somewhat easier I think!

Starting Stats:
    Weight: 15 st 12.4 lb
    Height: 5′ 2”
    Resting Heart Rate: 86 bpm
    Waist: 50 inches
    Fasting Blood Glucose: 4.4 g/dl

I intend on doing the Fast 800 for 2 weeks with 600 calories worth of shakes and 200 calories of non-starchy veg a day, followed by 6 weeks on 800 cals of ‘real’ food.

Let’s see how it goes! Looking forward to following any newbies also. 🙂

• posted by JCH187
    on

Good luck with your new beginnings!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hello, welcome and don’t be put off. You will soon be healthier and lighter. I am willing to bet that when the penny drops all the way that you will overtake your boyfriend. Learning a new way to live makes this way of eating permanent. The odd slip-up is no big deal and it is easy to climb aboard again. Cutting right down on the white carbs is hard sometimes but pays early and great benefits. Get plenty of the good fats and oils and fluids and you will be amazed, quite soon.

• posted by lucy locket
    on

Thank you both! Like to think I’m fairly strong-willed, but I’ve had my two shakes and then succumbed to three Oreos (or rather OH-NOs). Nursing a headache, which I didn’t think possible at this early stage. Also feeling incredibly drowsy and irritable. Going to put Cookiegate behind me however and continue tonight with some exercise and a bowl of yummy veg for dinner.

Today’s action: left the work tea club as I always scoff the biscuits (and hardly drink warm beverages)…

Planned treat: first bubble bath in years!

Please log in or register to post a reply.