One day off has gone terribly wrong please help!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cls
    on

Hi all – thank you for all your posts I find them really helpful, just wondering if you have any advice for me….
    I was not well over the weekend so had one day off the diet which included bread and noodles. I had been doing very well and lost 7lbs in 2 weeks but that day off has increased my weight again by 3lbs!! And now it won’t shift🙄 Xx

• posted by Mariet
    on

Cla, one day here or there is nothing over the course of 8 weeks, or your life. Forgive yourself, you weren’t well and coped the best you could. Put it behind you, climb back on the wagon and keep going!

You know you haven’t really put on 3lb in one day. To do that you would need to exceed your calorie requirements by many thousand. It’s probably mainly water that will go again in a few days if you stick with the plan. Make sure you’re drinking lots of water, it helps to flush it away.

When you’re feeling calm again see if you can come up with strategies you can use next time- because there will be a next time! Just about all of us (me) have done the same or worse! Have some nuts or cheese as a stand by, make them up into small serves if that’s easier. Distract yourself, find something to do that’s away from the kitchen. Come on here and ask for help like you’ve just done! There’s heaps of support here.

It’s hard to believe now but it really does get easier the longer you eat this way. Those simple carbs have less attraction the longer you can go without them.

Good luck!

• posted by Hil1502
    on

Hi Cls
    Hope you’re feeling better and doing ok now?
    I think Mariet is probably right. Bread and noodles, pasta and pizza turn me into a human sponge…i think I almost absorb water out of the very air!
    Feel so much less “sloshy” on the BSD 🙂

• posted by Michael Rolls
    on

As folk have already aid – one day is just one day – you have the rest of your life in front of you and I am sure that you WILL succeed!
    Mike

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t be disheartened Cls, it’s the negative thinking, that makes you vulnerable to complete derailment and I’m sure that’s not where you want to be. It’s was one day and in the course of things, not hugely significant. Reject it, forgive yourself and move on. You have already proved what you can do on the BSD and sticking with it, you will continue to reap the rewards. Best of Luck ….

Please log in or register to post a reply.