on fast 800 but not diabetic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Congratulations SunnyB
    You’re going to be looking fantastic at the wedding.
    Get lots of pictures taken, you can look at them along with the before photo’s and compare the difference between pre and post BSD
    You should see quita a change.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks Janet1973 and Bill
    It does feel good to really see something happening. I’m feeling so much more positive for having that good result this morning and being able to zip the dress and feel comfortable. It’s encouraging to see the BMI coming down too – still have a way to go – being short doesn’t help that cause! After the glums last evening, today feel much sunnier.
    Thank you both for the praise, even though the results feel most accidental than intentional.
    Hope you are both having good results too.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

He He that’s the thing about it, half the time it does feel accidental.
    It’s strange trying to explain to people that you’re doing a diet that doesn’t feel like a diet but has the same results as someone taking a chainsaw to your wobbly bits. I sometimes feel guilty on weigh days when I see my results knowing that I didn’t really try to get them, they just happened.
    This is why, a few weeks back, I christened this as my new lifestyle, Diet just doesn’t cover it 😀

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Ha, I know all about being short, I’m 5’2″ so have another 3 and a half pound to go to get to the top of my BMI but I don’t want to be just at the top. I lost a surprise pound this morning which was wonderful and means I have half a pound to go to my first stone since january. That’s 10 pounds lost on this diet in 6.5 weeks. Well chuffed with that.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Congratulations Sunny, and Janet. I’m another shorty (5’2″ when stretched 😳). To get to the weight the medic say, I need to lose just under another 4 stone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Janet1973
    I used to be 5’2″, but given you start to shrink after 35 and I’m well past that, I reckon myself at more like 5’1″. Well done on that surprise pound – hope this week brings good results for you.
    Stick in there captainlynne, sure you can do it!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Thanks Captainlynne! Although it irks me to be outside my bmi, I also know the science it is based on is dubious. It takes no account of a person’s muscle tone, just their weight, height and age. Fit young muscly rugby players have terrible bmi scores so its all nonsense really. In ten years’ time there will be no low fat products on supermarket shelves and no one will have heard of a bmi.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Ps, I don’t know if it was the bmi or another measure used in America but the definition of obesity was actually set by the insurance companies, not the medical profession. Begs some good questions doesn’t it?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

OOOO I used to be a Fit young muscly rugby player (I know it was stopped for the war before you start)
    Knew nothing about BMI though in those days, all we wanted was BMW’s
    God Janet I really hope that prediction comes true, I’m actually looking forward to the first WW television advert where they are promoting their whole new range of “New healthy low carbohydrate eating plans”

Please log in or register to post a reply.