On day 5 – how often do you weigh yourself?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Peacerunner
    on

I am planning to weigh weekly so as not to get discouraged with fluctuations with fluids. Does that make sense?
    Did anyone have any issues with constipation at the start of this? Any suggestions for that?

• posted by Cinderella
    on

Hi Pacerunner. Some good advice I received on the old 5:2 forum was to note down all your measurements, even arms, thighs etc. Measure these weekly to see changes. Also have a close fitting item of clothing to try on once a week. Scales don’t seem to be a very reliable measure, perhaps every two weeks. Like a plane changing course, there might be ups and downs to start with! Good luck.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Peacrunner – I have always weighed daily, as regardless of what the scales were telling me, it spurred me on, but I know that many get discouraged by the small ups and downs, in which case it is better to weigh only weekly. As Cinderella says, the non-scales victories are important, so taking and check measurements, trying on clothes that have been too tight, watching out for things like clearer skin, sleeping better, higher energy levels etc. are a must.

With regard to slow transit, yes many have had this problem and there are two threads dealing with this issue, one is simply called ‘Constipation’ and the other ‘For anyone suffering from constipation’, so check those out for ideas for evasive action.

Hope to see you joining in on other threads, the weekly one is a good one to participate in. There is a new one each week starting on a Tuesday and the Title will begin, ‘One Week at a Time …’. Don’t worry if you miss the start of a week, just dive in at anytime for a warm welcome.

• posted by Squizzel
    on

Hi Peacerunner, I weigh daily, but use an app called HappyScale to track my moving average and to see how near my goals I am. It is very helpful to see the overall trend with data points above and below the line – it reminds me that this is not perfectly linear, but that I am making progress. So today, while there was no movement on the scales, my average has still gone down and I’m a bit closer to my first milestone.

• posted by Peacerunner
    on

Thank you for that excellent suggestion, Squizzel! I downloaded the HappyScale APP because I like the way it does a moving average – very encouraging! I have been using a paper calendar for years and it’s time for electronic tracking! Congratulations on being closer to your first milestone. MM’s program has really inspired me!

• posted by Stilltrying
    on

I weigh daily – I know some people say its not good to do that, but for me personally it works well. It encourages me to watch what I eat!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

For me the daily weigh in spurs me on when I see a loss and gives me a kick up the bum when I gain. I am not too hard on myself with a small gain and know there can be fluctuations and I also know my own cycle days. The scales dont rule me, I rule myself and the scales are a guideline.

Please log in or register to post a reply.