On a high!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Seen as I created a very low forum thread here is the happy one!!

Well most of you know a stone loss!! I gained some the. Lost it then gained then lost it so back to a stone loss!!

But imagine what I could have lost! But I won’t dwell as no point!

I am now making my own soups which are super tasty and low cal!

I even did a roast dinner without the roasts potatoes! Used celeriac instead.. I shaped them like potatoes .

So I’m happy . I am learning daily and this forum is the best!

Please share your high days and also we are all here for the low X X. As someone who has a long way to go.. You are no alone.. Someone here may have gone through it.. Or have great advice

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Lostgirl
    High five. โœ‹

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Whoopsydoo Lostgirl
    you seem so much happier with yourself now, great to see!
    Loving the idea to shape the celeriac like potatoes, that’s really thinking out of the box.
    Keep it up, you’re going to be REALLY happy by the time you hit the 8 week mark. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Oh bill if only you knew!! Not only have a jumped off the wagon I rolled down the hill of chocolate

Past 24-48 hours been stressful hardly eaten and what I have chocolate. I don’t even like chocolate !!!

But I’m firmly back on the wagon and had a lovely Yorkshire provinder soup.. They are low carb and not bad calories but packed with flavour and goodness. So packed I’m thinking of the thinning them out as cheaper and still as nice .

Atm life is stressful. I slipped in the field walking dogs and don’t want to move . But I need to. Have mri scan in May and maybe consultant . I want to set a 2 stone goal . So
    I can go to see that nasty consultant and flaunt my loss!!

I think having soups like Yorkshire provinder is great for a lazy day.

I had made a soup last night.. Roast veg and chilli but I burnt the veg and it tasted god awful.

But we learn . I am lacking in sleep I can’t function properly but that’s not the diet that’s life..

The celeriac roasters were heaven!!! Not to keen on parsnip

It was my first time with celeriac and to be honest was dreading it as had heard horror stories .

I’m still on a high ok chocolate bad but as someone said … Make
    Something diet allowed which is naughty and keep in the freezer then I will be reaching for something controlled.

There are 4 more bars of chocolate ( small bars) and I’m tempted to scoff But I will try not too!

Sorry I’m rambling just I am am discovering my weakness and finding ways to make me strong.

Off to walk 4 dogs in This weather later!! What fun!!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lostgirl it’s lovely to hear you sounding so positive. I think I’ll have a go at those celeriac roasties. What a clever idea! ๐Ÿ™‚

I would cut your chocolate bars into small pieces and then freeze them – they last MUCH longer in the mouth that way without you eating too much ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve never heard of Yorkshire provinder soups, I’ll have to google them!

High five, girl ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Patsy
    on

As you say ‘we learn’! Finding out our weaknesses is the first step in overcoming them.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

One of the things I struggle with is hunger. The dogs wake me 5 am ish and normally 6-7 walks . I come back or go on walk starved

Recently been having a scrambled egg and a tin of low salt and sugar baked beans but come 10-11 I am hank marvin ( starvin)

I then do one of my local cal soups if I can but looking at 150k Ish

Then dinner time soup…

Just made the coconut flour baps… Not bad!! Although tastes bit eggy.. Was wondering if I put some stevia would the taste any good!??

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Wow!!!!! The. Flatbreads are amazing..: I halved the mixture and out stevia in , mixed then normal put on on grease proof paper.. Put a few sprinkles of coconut to let me know which are sweet

Heaven!! Think found my new snack… That’s what I needed an early morning quick snack

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Good news on the flatbreads, Lostgirl! If you miss out the stevia and spread them with yoghurt or cream and some sliced strawberries I think you will find them sweet enough:)

I make a triple batch so I have plenty to freeze. I use them as dessert with cream and fruit on top when I have friends for dinner.

Try the chickpea flour flatbreads, they’re delicious with a curry ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Wow

Just made a flour free Yorkshire pudding!!! Arrowroot instead!! Lovely and so light and crispy

• posted by archerjack
    on

Hi, would you please share your Yorkshire pudding recipe.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

http://www.paleocupboard.com/yorkshire-pudding.html

I got it from here . I didn’t use the almond milk used half normal and half water.

The cup conversions are a pain but worth it.

Lovely light crispy non heavy Yorkshire!! I will never go back to the old kind!

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Well sorry been busy.. Life manic!!!

Dropped 3 pounds!!!

What I am doing.. Is bought off eBay take away containers I can freeze and microwave.. Doing bumper cook off and portion and freeze…

So far so good!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lostgirl, So pleased to hear about another three pounds off!

Those containers are a really good idea! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Well done lostgirl, good to see things happening for you now ๐Ÿ™‚
    Could you actually post that yorkie recipe please, your link goes to a dead page for me.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

I will find it X X X

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill, arrowroot is very high carb!!! Unless it is just a teaspoon I would be wary

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

From what I remember it’s 75g……. Hmm it was on a low carb paleo diet website

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

ingred:
    – 3 large eggs (room temperature)
    – 1/2 cup almond milk
    – 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
    – 1/2 tsp. sea salt
    – 1/8 cup + another 1/4 cup beef drippings

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh dear
    Arrowroot is an easily digested starch 113g of carbs to a 128g serving and 457 calories.
    I was so looking forward to a safe yorkie as well ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

So is it worse than a normal Yorkie..

It was so light and crispy.. It made a huge Yorkshire!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lostgirl, how are you doing? I don’t seem to have seen any posts from you lately and wondered how you are?

Hope all is well ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Hiya.. Sorry not posted. Life been so busy and mental. Well I’m having good days and bad. We have a dog with us doe 2
    Months and she hasn’t settled in as hoped. So I’m on constant guard watch for the cats.. One of our dogs got attacked and I’m in agony ! Mri scan next week.

Hubby working away all the time.. I have prepared meals and portioned them up but due to lack of sleep I’m reaching for sugar!! But I’m trying to limit it to 1 or 2 days!!

5 more weeks and the dog goes back to owners and I can crack on… I have lost little more but then I re gain it… But I have not added any more!!! So I’m happy!

Got a friend to join me so we are spurring each other on.. She has a hard job and it’s difficult but she managed 3pounds in the first week.. So it’s kicked my behind to try and get through this

Thank you for asking

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lostgirl, it’s lovely to hear from you but sorry to hear about your problems with dogs : (

It’s good news that you have a diet buddy, that should make things easier for you.

I hate to say this but as long as you reach for sugary foods on bad days the longer you will have sugar cravings. I remember your first post and you really need to do this for you and your future health. I know I am just repeating what you will be saying to yourself constantly but I really want this diet to work for you.

I hope the MRI scan brings good news for you and that life gets easier for you

Best wishes, Judith

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Oh I am an addict and believe me.. I am trying so so hard not too. I feel guilty.. But on the flip side I have tried staying true to diet. I am run down. I have sores and spots and no energy!

Hopefully in 5 weeks I can get my life back together!!

We are looking after the dog for 2 months as he owners are on holiday.. It’s taught me don’t be so nice!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Lostgirl
    It’s about time they sorted your ? Back!! It’s been too long for that scan if you are in this much pain.
    Reach for some nuts instead of sugar. They are more filling – better, even if calorific.
    If you are still starving walking the dogs, get a small flask & take some of your soup along. Don’t know how you are walking those dogs with ? Back pain. Pain does disturb your sleep too.
    Hope your dog ok.
    Good you are prepping food & have a friend BSDing too. You take care of you
    Eureka

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

I had dislocated my hip… Really painful!!!

They think damage has been done.. I walk dogs bad I have to but on some painkilling patches. When it’s really bad they don’t touch the pain.. But we have a 2 acre paddock dogs can roam in..

But knowing they need walks Spurs you on

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Lostgirl
    Ouch! Ouch! Nasty! Do take care. The sooner that scan the better. Don’t let the dogs pull you! ๐Ÿฉ ๐Ÿ’

• posted by Mygunya
    on

Hi Lostgirl, I have just registered with the BSD and, no doubt will experience highs and lows. Well done for sticking to your journey!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi mygunya welcome to the forums ๐Ÿ™‚

Wishing you all the best ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lostgirl I wasn’t too sure what had happened when you said the dog was attacked. I’m sorry about your hip x

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Oh hip was before dog attack!!!

It’s all going on at this house. I’m ill dogs are ill.

It never rains but it pours

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lostgirl – I hope the sun comes out soon in your house x

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

I’m
    Still here.. Had a major hiccup.. I had lost another 5 pounds then we had a run of guests in the house who will eat bread and not adhere to diet. I was weak… Back up to the stone loss and I see my consultant next week ( hopefully)

In too much pain to exercise and it’s too hot!!! I’m trying to be really good…. Boring but good!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lostgirl – sorry to hear that your hip is still painful – hopefully the recent re-gain of weight will disappear fast if its not been around for long – my weight fluctuates up and down a bit from day to day, disappointing on an “up” day, but the general direction is down, hopefully yours too!
    If it’s too hot and you’re too uncomfortable to exercise – nothing to do but drink lots and lots of iced water.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

I’m
    Still here.. Still battling.
    The weight I lost and regained I have lost again!!!

Apparently some of the medication I’m taking may not be helping.

Still in agony so been referred to the pain clinic

Still drinking Pepsi max but lot less

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Hi guys I’m still here!! I’m it’s been. Crazy time but I’m back on the wagon!!

Last night savoury mince with celeriac mash. Today ok quiche but I didn’t eat the pastry with beetroot and lettuce and cucumber so not bad. Supper it’s celery and cottage cheese…

I’m back!

Please log in or register to post a reply.