Oh No!!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Well I have done exremely well following the diet monday to friday..only lost l pound,a bit dissappointing…..BUT went to dinner at some friends last night and has spag bol and a couple if glasses if wine!! So back to the drawing board today….hope it hasnt cancelled out my very good week completely……
    Have I? Anybody else have any blips and still had success?

• posted by Llandudno
    on

Well I started last Monday too , jumped on the scales 15 minutes ago and……have lost 2kg…was expecting a tad more as I know my clothes are looser so got the tape measure out did a small Yelp as it was cold round my waist but I’m 4 cms down . I take insulin ( am T2) and haven’t noticed much difference yet in my readings though , but if I’m hungry I check my bs if it’s not down I don’t have anything to eat , till the next meal time whereas before I’d nibble.i can’t say I’ve been starving at anytime though , I haven’t missed eatting carbs I’m finding the protein fills me up as well .i have just thought if I can maintain a 2kg loss that will be a 16 kg loss after 8 weeks , the CIRSO diet I looked at before I decided to do join in and do this diet predicted I could lose 14kg in 12 weeks , well just have to see how it pans out I suppose.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Sometimes we have blips and still loose weight that week …. and sometimes we do everything right and we stay the same or even gain.
    It happens … just do your best …. and keep your eye on your goals.

Good luck

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Thank you llandudno for your reply….can I be so cheeky as to ask how much weight you have to lose please? My friend reckons because I only want to lose 14 lbs it might take me ages ……2kg is a fantastic loss for l week…

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Thank you shalimar…I have been very positive today and stuck by the diet……fingers crossed for the coming week…..

• posted by Llandudno
    on

Hello Happyhols ,well if am honest about 30 kg but as I am as human as the next person I expect I will fall off the wagon at some stage and get on the next one coming along ! About your friend saying that , does she need to join you on your journey ? Or is she a naturally skinny person? I would use her saying that to me to spur me on , some folk on here mention huge first week losses others like me or less even , however much you would like to loose you still have to start somewhere , sit down figure out what to eat , count the calories ect, if you lost a lb a week by the time Xmas came it would be 9 lbs lost , just 5 to go to your goal or by then you maybe at your goal weight who knows so ignore your friend saying that , have a go and don’t mention it to her that you have started , wait till she asks if you have lost weight , if she could do with losing abit on the other hand see if she wants to have a go to and do it together that’s another option ? ……

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Thank you llandudno….I think I will take your advice and not mention it to my friend again…lets see if she notices a change in me…just got weighed and I have lost another 1lb,so you could say I have lost a kilo(nearly😊)….so thats good by me….onwards and uowards…good luck and willpower to you this week…..

• posted by Avila
    on

Hi Llandudno,

Your friend does have a point as the weight loss is theoretically based on the deficit between what is needed to sustain you at current weight and the 800 cal you are having. So someone carrying 5 stone extra weight will have a bigger deficit and so you hear about big losses but as a percentage of target may not be so different to someone’s lower loss.

I say theoretically linked – as it is on average but on the day to day week to week you can have so much variation, plateaus etc.

But don’t let your friend discourage you from doing this as every step to a healthy weight is a positive thing.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi happyhols – I currently have less than 10lbs to lose and last week lost over 3lbs. I am starting Week 7 and it’s not been plain sailing the whole time but I’m down nearly a stone and since my total loss target was 23lbs I think that’s brilliant. Only having a stone to lose may take you longer but over the 8 weeks I would say it’s definitely do-able if you can stick with it.

Good luck! (and ignore your friend :))

Please log in or register to post a reply.