Oh No!!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhols
    on

I cant believe it!! I am trying to be soooo good,just had an apple….oh my! Didnt realise the carbs were so high,so given I had porridge for brekkie my carbs are spoilt for today….soo annoyed!!

• posted by topcac
    on

Nothing is spoilt – my advice is to have a fry up for dinner (one high protein sausage, one rasher of bacon, two scrambled eggs and some mushrooms) Very low in carbs, high in fat – even your day out a bit – even you are up in the 60s or 70s you should be fine – one day last week I unwittingly had 80 grams of carbs – got straight back on it and lost over 3lbs this week – nothing is spoilt!

Oh, and drink loads of water 🙂
    And think about berries and yoghurt instead of apples – probably better

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Thank you topcat for your advice…I must admit I like berries better than apples but its a cost thing…berries are expensive…I do have them for breakfast though…more water needed I think…..

• posted by topcac
    on

Ah yes – cost – especially this time of year when berries are going out of season. I know it ramps up the calories but if it’s just a snack you want you could try cheese? Low in carbs but high in fat so makes you feel fuller. Or a few nuts?

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Ah thank you topcat…forgot I could have cheese….and nuts actually…..a better day tomorrow I hope…

• posted by topcac
    on

Definitely – good luck!

• posted by Frog
    on

most of the supermarkets sell bags of frozen berries, often mixed rather than just raspberries, etc – even when the berries are in season, they are generally cheaper to buy frozen – and they are generally frozen at the point of picking, and picked at the peak of the season, so likely to be more nutritious.

If you have them for breakfast, just take a handful out before you go to bed to thaw what you need.

A few supermarkets may still have rhubarb too – very low carb – I prefer to oven cook it, but works well in a pot too. I add about a teaspoon of stevia (plus grated ginger) to a pack of rhubarb (I think that’s generally 400 or 500 grams) and it keeps really well in the fridge.

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Thank you for your tips frog….I do use frozen berries and think they are fab…my biggest problem is going to be contolling the carbs…I am within my calories by 75 but nos my carb read 91…thats having porridge for brekki 35gms. A boiled egg and small salad at lunch,an apple and a small chilli with quinoa,a very small portion….a bit depessing actually….

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

The porridge is the main culprit, try the yoghurt and berries instead and sprinkle with a few flaked almonds. If you want something more substantial or hot try grilling a couple of large mushrooms and serving a poached egg on top. Actually I am rubbish at making poached egg so I boil one then scoop it out onto the plate. Enjoy.

• posted by chasingthedream
    on

Frozen berries put in the blender with yoghurt make a fab snack. I find myself torn a bit on this diet, because it’s a change from counting carbs, and protein and cheese are fairly calorific. At the moment I am trying to stick to salads and green veg with small amounts of meat. I also skip breakfast, because once I start eating …..

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Thank you for your reply chasingthedream…I too was getting mixed up between calories and carbs,but, after other members reminded me the BSD is based on calories and no refind carbs,today is a new start for me…I got a bit carried away trying to cut all carbs…..I will still keep an eye on the carbs but I am going to concentrate on the 800 calories……time will tell….tomorrow is another day😆😆

Please log in or register to post a reply.