Observations – early days

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ON PHONE
    on

For me -this is a pre-emptive strike against developing diabetes and a way of becoming healthier/losing weight. There is a lot to lose – at least 20kg. I’m conceiving of it as an experiment, what will my body do under these conditions?

For what it’s worth, random things I’ve noticed;

Week one was lucky not to feel very hungry. I lost weight fast.
    Week two, hunger is still not predominate but sometimes I am so in need of food (low blood sugar) …I snap my family’s (collective) head off until I get to eat :/
    Vegetables are key for filling up enough, and I don’t do as well if I don’t have time to prepare them
    My skin looks better. I look healthier.
    Week two, not sure if I’m losing anything yet- but keeping faith from what I’ve read of others posts suggesting plateaus
    Enjoyed the pleasure of trying on some pants I previously could not get on, and to my surprise and pleasure – could do them up!!
    I’m starting to remember the feeling -its still distant- of what it feels like to be a healthy weight. It’s a shock to realise it’s been so many years and it’s hard to imagine what it will feel like to be that way again. I can’t believe I’ve been missing this long.
    I feel determined.
    I love the support and information shared on these pages and am grateful for it.
    OP

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi OP

Well done for progress so far and welcome to the forums. I know you have been reading and there is plenty of info and support on the various threads, so be sure to use them – especially when things get a bit tough.

Think week 2 can be a difficult one for many, but you will soon be out the other side and moving on. Don’t panic if you plateau, it happens and is sent to try us. Things will come right.

Look forward to hearing your progress reports – good luck.

• posted by ON PHONE
    on

Thanks Sunny B! Love the support 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

pre-emptive strike against developing diabetes
    I LOVE that expression
    If we can get the word out about this lifestyle there will be many many more folk administering pre emptive strikes.
    Go for it OP
    See you on the other side of the finishing line.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hopefully more people will go on pre-emptive strikes against diabetes.

I do worry for my granddaughters, as both myself and their father are diabetic. They don’t eat many sweets, which is good. When they stay with me, guess what they’ll be
    Eating as much as possible. He he. *looks furtively over shoulder to make sure they’re not listening*

Not much, I know. But a start.

Please log in or register to post a reply.