NSVs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Alibobs
    on

Hi

I don’t post much but I remember Mixnmatch encouraging me to share any non-scale related victories when they occur. So I’m hoping this might be motivating for anyone struggling in the early stages.

I’ve just finished week 5 and I’m taking stock of the following,
    all my shakes, mild headaches, mild sweats and burning muscles from the early weeks of the diet have stopped;
    my energy and stamina levels are up and I no longer desire naps several times a day;
    I sleep through nearly every night, without waking up to go to the damn toilet;
    my lady bits don’t persistently itch;
    I don’t associate hunger pangs with mild panic – it’s just an irritant that I know will pass;
    my PMS symptoms are significantly improved;
    bending over is a doddle
    and I’m struggling to keep my jeans up!

There’s quite a lot I’m pleased about. Definitely worth the effort and a source of motivation for the many months of lifestyle change I reckon are ahead of me.

If you’ll forgive a little bit of scale related news, I wanted to share this too. I only lost 1 lb in week 3 🙁 . Then I followed it with a few planned days off to celebrate my sister’s 50th and I just couldn’t get back on the diet wagon after the very disappointing wk 3. So not surprisingly, in week 4 I gained 2 lbs. I refused to beat myself up and started afresh in week 5 … and the weight fell off again; I lost 8 lbs. This has taught me to believe in the diet and not throw the baby out with the bathwater when I inevitably hit bumps on the road in the months ahead. (I should also spend time thinking about the mixing of metaphors!)

I hope that helps someone out there x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow, Alibobs … that’s and impressive list of NSV!!! You certainly gave some serious thought to all improvements gained since starting the BSD and it just goes to show how far reaching this WOE is and that there is so much more to be gained than weight loss.

Also good to read that you have such confidence in the BSD and know that persistence pays off, even when things have got a bit iffy. It’s not always easy to keep the faith when things don’t happen as expected. Weight loss is not linear and there will be blips upwards on the scales – often nothing more than fluid retention due to a higher than normal carb intake – but it is sticking with the programme that will resolve the issue and get you back on the losing streak.

Well done on progress to date and hope to reading lots more positives from you in due course.

Please log in or register to post a reply.