Not losing weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sofagirl
    on

I’ve been doing the very low calorie diet for two weeks now and I don’t seem to be losing anywhere near the amount of weight that I expected. I have lost 2 kilos but this was in the first few days and I haven’t lost any since. I’m sticking to under 800 calories a day and eating hardly any carbohydrates. What am I doing wrong?

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi Sofagirl, probably you are doing nothing wrong at all unless you are mistakenly eating foods with hidden sugars, or failing to eat good protein and fats and not drinking enough fluid. We all plateau at various points and food in has to be balanced with waste out and not just energy expended via exercise, as even standing still uses up calories. Without knowing what you have eaten nobody will be able to be definitive but stick with it. Once you start fat burning for real you will soar. It is remotely possible that your genes prevent some fat burning but this is uncommon if not very rare on this site but not unheard of. It is really too early to tell. Re-read the early chapters and check you are on the same principles as advised. Without carbs we seem to shrink quite quickly… all the best for now.

• posted by Sofagirl
    on

Thanks SkyWalker, I think I will re-read the basics, that’s a good idea. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same problem.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Sofagirl,
    This is probably the most common question on the forums so you’re definitely not alone. So common that I call it the week two blues.
    Many people have a good loss initially, then their weight loss stalls going into the second week. You may notice other changes in your body during this time though that will show you that the BSD is working. You may find your clothes are looser or your shape is changing, maybe better sleep or energy levels. Your body is making a major adjustment from burning carbs for fuel to burning fat.
    All you can do is persevere with the diet, make sure you have plenty of fluids 2-3 litres a day, and increase your intake of healthy fats. So full fat dairy, oils and butter, cheese, oily fish, avocados etc. within your calorie count.
    You’ll be posting better results soon 🙂

• posted by Sofagirl
    on

Thanks Cherrianne, I think I need to review my good fats and maybe re-visit the original weekly plan. I’ve seen another post on here saying a similar thing about week two so I feel a bit better knowing I’m not the only one.

Please log in or register to post a reply.