NORTH OR SOUTH, NO CARBS IN OUR MOUTH: 4 week challenge ending 13th June

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marsie
    on

I suppose it’s no accident everyone sounds slightly manic on here tonight, well, except that full moon was last night………oh, still daytime for you but I guess there could be some sort of carryover, do you think? Or maybe it’s the pork rinds. I know! There’s been an outbreak of Mad Pig Disease!! 😨

• posted by Busybee
    on

I am so cross with myself! The election results have really upset me and this is a first in 70 years that I have been so involved in the politics of our so called United Kingdom!
    After nearly completing the four week challenge and the prospect of going away for a month on Wednesday, I have given in to the white stuff big time. I actually talked myself into eating the first slice of bread and then it happened – everything I had in the house was consumed and then I went to the supermarket and bought chocolate, scones and chocolate raisins and, over the day I have eaten and eaten. Needless to say, I now feel terrible and although I am on my third glass of red, I know that I will be back on the straight and narrow tomorrow to try and undo some of the todays damage.
    Why did I sabotage myself like this when I was doing so well?
    X B

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

Aww bless you busybee. I don’t know why we do it but perhaps it was to do with your four weeks coming to an end and worrying about how you will manage being away for a month. Have a good day tomorrow and this time tomorrow night you’ll be feeling much better, and be extra kind to yourself xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, Busybee put it behind you and keep on keeping on. I am still here though I did have a drink last night and lost the half pound I had gained the day before with no drink. Who knows but I have to have some pleasure as this is not a quick fix for me then come off the diet. No, this is for life.

I have postponed my blood test from Monday to Tuesday because I would have to fast from 9 pm tonight and that is not how I want to end my weekend. Will go in on Tuesday morning and will still have the results in time for doctor appointment on Wednesday afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Thank you for your suppprt Marsie and SG. I surprised myself this morning by getting straight back to it with not too much self criticism and am currently floating with all the water I am drinking!
    X B

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Hello cyber pals. Just checking in for tips and news and to see how everyone is getting on.

My month of carb-not-calorie counting has been great, 2lbs off in total – am weighing once a week just to ensure I don’t go mad with cheese! Have settled at around 25g carbs, 2l water, seems to suit me.

In other news, my care-dependent aunt will be moving into supported living 2 miles from me in the next month, so no more 400 mile round trips and baths full of faeces-covered bedding every second week. Hurrah! My puppy has arrived and I am totally, totally in love with her, and work is going much better after a restructure. Now have a head of service who doesn’t think a 60 hour week should be ‘the norm’ and surprise, surprise! Sleep has improved!

Looks like you’re all KOKO ! Good luck for the next challenge. Mkx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Everyone – missed out on this challenge, as I have been away, but it seems everyone is sticking with it, with most making good progress – particular congrats to Pod, Mixnmatch and ClarinetCathy. Hope you ended up where you wanted to be Sunshine-girl.

If I may, I will join in the next challenge, as I came back 4.4lb heavier than I was when my vacation started. Bigger gain than I was hoping for, but not as bad as it could have been, given I had alcohol most days and also had the occasional little cake or piece of bread over the nine weeks we were away from home. I’m back to the full on BSD from today and have set an initial goal of losing 2.2lb by this time next month, so having a challenge to help me along will be a help.

Has the title of the next challenge been decided yet?

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

Today marks the end of my first four weeks on the 800 BSD, and that is a cause for celebration! It’s really not been half as difficult as I thought it would be, having said that for the next four weeks I’m away from home and travelling a lot so I’m a bit apprehensive!
    I weighed 11st 3 at the beginning and 10st 4 this morning so am very happy about that! Another stone off and I’ll be back in the normal BMI range…
    Thanks everyone for your company, hope to join you all in the next four week challenge 😊

• posted by topcac
    on

Afternoon all

The weekend was one of two halves for me I’m afraid – Saturday I was ACE, Sunday I was a big fat Joker (to carry on the playing card analogy). However, not going to feel glum, had a lovely date with my betrothed so yes, had some carbs, and some pic ‘n’ mix at the cinema but nowhere nearly as much as I would have done before BSD.

Back on it again today, haven’t weighed in yet as it’s TOTM – but better today than on my wedding day!

Will do a last weigh in on Friday – then the scales are going out the window and I don’t care until I come back from honeymoon!! Although having said that, am planning meals (who the hell does self catering on their honeymoon???) and there’s quite a few BSD friendlies on there πŸ™‚

Have a good day – final weigh in tomorrow – good luck everyone!!

on

Well the weight was up a bit again today, up and down like a blooming yoyo. Still have one day to redeem myself before this challenge is over. What is really annoying is that since my pool has been warmed up I have been swimming every day and increased from 20 mins to 40 yesterday. Dont say its muscle although I might be having more on my snack or maybe it was the Bacardi and diet coke. Hey ho, back on plan today and continuing on my other thread Seriously Doing the BSD 800.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Have only seen suggestions from pod, so it’s your privilege to start it up Ann.

There was β€œLet’s get doon in June” or “June or July, we’re waving goodbye (to fat!)” which I’d like to suggest an amendment to i.e. “June and July, bad carbs waving goodbye” 4 week challenge ending 8th July.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Oops, sorry, that should have read ……….ending 11th July.

• posted by pod
    on

Hi All, ready for the next 4 week challenge, as I was away for 2 of the weeks for this one! But I did manage to remove 11lbs! Don’t know how!! Was away this weekend, and, although no bad carbs, lots of lovely Campari and soda.(Note to self, Campari IS bad carbs!) and far too many nuts and cheese slices!, heyho. So no weight removed this week!, unless, miraculously I lose some tonight!, I’m aiming for a 10lb loss for the next 4 week challenge.. That will get me out of the 12s and into the 11s stones..
    I like Marsie’s June and July, bad carbs waving goodbye!,
    See you all tomorrow
    Oh, and nice to hear from you Sunnyb, back from lovely Turkey
    Ann xx

• posted by Mariet
    on

Well the end of the challenge and i’m 2.1kg down, slow but I’m happy work that. I’ve been reading everyone’s comments and found them so helpful though I haven’t contributed much.

I won’t be joining you on the next challenge because I’m off on a3 week holiday from Friday but when I get back I’ll be here- only 8 weeks then until my son’s wedding and i’m fairly sure I’ll need a short, sharp back to basics!

Thank you all and good luck with your next challenge πŸ‘

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi All,

I averaged 1200 cals for the 4 weeks and followed bsd principles. I lost 300grams according to the scales today. This means I need about 1200cals to maintain my current weight – what will happen at my target weight? 800 calories for life? I am sure you have seen my whingey posts. The last 4 weeks has been very challenging psychologically as the scale has moved up one day down the next by as much as 1.5kg. Who knows – the 300grams may be back tomorrow.

Anyway, I realise 1200cals is not doing it for me, so am endeavouring the 800cals again – yes low carb.

I started late January and had good losses. Thought back to what I did then and I ate a lot of soup. So will be slurping on soup!

All the best everyone for the next 4 weeks.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good morning all, I’ve just opened up another thread. Look for “JUNE TO JULY, BAD CARBS WAVING GOODBYE” ending on 11th July. Hope to see lots of people continuing to on, reporting their progress, offering their insights and support. All so inspirational and comforting.

I’ve been both a leaner and a supporter and this next month I hope I will be more of the latter, less of the former.

Weigh-in this morning showed 63.1kg. This is .2kg less than last week but .9kg higher than the beginning of this challenge, so not successful for me. I hope everyone else has good results today and that we will talk again on the new challenge. Thanks for all the support during the month, absolutely invaluable.

• posted by LippyLipid
    on

Dear All,

Like Mariet I too haven’t contributed much although I have read everyone’s contribution avidly and it has helped to keep me going. A loss of 5lbs/2.26kgs for this challenge – slow and steady.

I have just got a copy of Dr Moseley’s “The Clever Guts Diet” and have decided to turn my attention to improving my gut flora, my micro biome. I am now eating kimchi and fermented seaweed that I bought from our local Asian wholesaler, Wing Yip. It’s okay, I’m hoping the taste will grow on me. Does anyone have any good fermented food recipes? I’m guessing that if you cook using Greek Yoghurt the probiotic bacteria is killed in the process?

I’ll be waving those bad carbs goodbye during June and July. I’ll give you all a little wave on the next thread.
    Ciao for now

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Final weigh in and back down to 10 stone 10.4 after my fast day yesterday. Pleased that my carby adventures last week at the funeral, and the later random munchies haven’t resulted in a permanent weight gain. Will join the next challenge but my birthday is in the middle and marks the end of my intent to track at least most of my intake. I will go forward after my birthday just weighing myself as I am now, and see what happens, using fast days to control the weight, so if the trend goes I will up do an extra fast day. I will still be posting on here but will probably not join any more challenges after the next one unless I feel the need to focus myself again.

• posted by Verano
    on

Final weight for me is up by 1.4lbs. Could be much worse as I’m away but not what I was hoping for. Well done to the losers and never mind to the other gainers or stand stillers. Not sure about the new challenge as I’m still away but will give it some thought.
    Good luck to you all on your continuing journey.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done for completing another challenge everyone.

I am on maintenance and have increased both my calories and my carbs (though still always under 50) and, even though I am on holiday atm and drinking either wine or G&T’s every day, still somehow or other have managed to lose 4lbs on this challenge, which was not the intention at all as my challenge was to maintain and holds steady 😱 But better than gaining I guess, although I really don’t want to lose any more else all my lovely new size 10 clothes will drown me – some are already feeling decidedly loose 😱 Seems to put the lie to that old chestnut “starvation mode”! 😜

Hoping to hear lots more positive results today – sun is shining and we are off for a lovely lunch at a fabulous beach side restaurant πŸ˜ƒ Have a good day everyone.

on

At the end of this challenge I am down to 74.4 kg from 75.3 which is a round 2 lbs loss. Very pleased as I was away on a cruise for a week of this.

Now going over to my Seriously Doing the Fast 800 Again so hope to see some of you there.

• posted by Falldown7times
    on

I’ve met my main goal, which is that I am still here!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone .I’m pleased to report that I lost 0.2kg .Its not anything but considering I had a free eating weekend,I’m feeling empowered. Last week I started to think about how slowly my progress has been since I rarely actually stay under 800. So I decided that after months of rejecting bread and rice etc. and feeling deprived, I would eat anything that I wanted. A free eating weekend no tracking weighing measuring etc. I actually enjoyed a piece of cake, a bit of rice but mostly I enjoyed crunchy bread rolls and butter and a hearty stew.I really wanted to try to eat mindfully and enjoying food choices not giving in to binging
    .Overall I gained 0.7KG then Monday back to strict 800 but I went over a bit. Today I found it easy to limit food but had a bit of a hypo at 2pm and needed a bit of sweet stuff. I think the extra carbs over the weekend has really worked to prove that I have control when I set my mind to it. Also I think my pancreas has had a reboot and is producing more insulin.
    My goal is to loose 2kg by july 5th when I go on Holidays.So the plan includes a more positive attitude a bit more determination .
    Cheers to all of you, lets really get motivated for the next challenge

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

What a lovely problem to have Theodora πŸ˜„

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello and goodbye dear Challenger’s.
    After a very bad weekend (yes,the eating did continue) I have gained five pounds, which is my wriggle room gone for our month away. However I can report that I have lost 6 pounds over this challenge, though the overall loss is still 2.5 stones which is where I was last January.
    I won’t be joining the next challenge as I will be in New Jersey visiting our son, his wife and our two gorgeous grandchildren. I can’t wait to give them a big hug as we havnt seen them in the flesh since Christmas-thank goodness for Skype!
    I will pop in now and again to see how you are doing and will be back with you when we get home.
    Good luck to you all and huge thanks to those of you who support and encourage me.
    X B

• posted by Marsie
    on

See you when you get back Busybee. Enjoy those hugs from your grandies x M

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done to everyone who stuck out the challenge – whether you lost, stayed the same, or like me, gained!
    After 4 weeks my final weigh in showed an overall gain of 100g, or 0.22lb. I did have a long weekend away this weekend, it was last minute and unplanned. I didn’t count calories but stuck to the BSD principles and thought I had done well, but instead my final week undid the loss I had last week.

Cathy – I hope you are having a lovely holiday.
    Theodora – well done on losing during maintenance.
    I’m still glad I joined this challenge as without the support and motivation on here the damage could have been a lot worse than 100g!
    Yesterday I wore a pair of pants to work in a size smaller than I normally wear. They were tight – but a good reminder that I need to keep going. My usual pants are all too loose, and I think it makes me a bit complacent – I feel “slim” because my clothes are too big – yet I’m far from it still, and tighter clothes are a good reminder of this!
    See you all in the new thread πŸ™‚

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Final weigh in am up 1lb – not sure why, but had been ill for a week with a virus and not that active. My goal for the challenge was to stay in maintenance for another month – which I have done. Staying accountable on this forum really works for me – so am pleased to report that on the 10th June I achieved 6 months on maintenance.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi all – late to the party again but amazed to report that I am 1lb lighter than I was at the beginning of the challenge. Considering the struggles I’ve had that’s a great achievement. I AM 3.5lbs heavier than I wanted to be by today but as long as the suit fits that’s fine – and I still have 2 days!.

I am going to join the new challenge but don’t expect too much from me for a couple of weeks as I will be honeymooning until the 26th but after that full steam ahead – downwards I hope! My challenge for wedding and honeymoon is not to put on too much!!

See you on the other thread πŸ™‚

• posted by pod
    on

well done topcac, you got through it all, and a weight loss!
    Have an awesome wedding and honeymoon, you know how to remove any gains when you get back!!
    Have a great couple of weeks! xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.