No weight loss with antibiotics ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Hi ,
    Just wondering if anyone has experienced difficulty in losing weight whilst taking antibiotics. I am currently on 8 per day for a chest infection and am disappointed with the lack of weight loss despite sticking to the plan. It is disheartening not to be losing but hoping someone can shed some light on the reason why.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Peapod,

I took antibiotics for two weeks during my second eight week stint and, looking at the numbers, it doesn’t seem to have had any appreciable impact on the weight loss. Obviously it may depend on the particular antibiotic and the dosage. I was on erythromycin, but can’t remember the dosage.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Thanks for that JulesMaigret.
    It could be that I’ve just hit a plateau and combined with lack of exercise due to being ill there is no loss showing. I am taking 8 antibiotics ( phenoxymethylpenicillin ) a day and sticking to the plan so will just have to be patient.
    Peapod

Please log in or register to post a reply.