No weight loss at week 4

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angiepangie
    on

Hi, I’m just starting week 4, so it’s stand on scales day and I’ve not lost any weight at all this week ! Stuck to 800 calories a day, no carbs, and drinking on average 2 litres of water a day. Trying to focus on my overall weight loss which is 15lb but feeling a little disheartened that I’ve not lost anything this week when I’ve been so good!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi angiepangie,

Don’t worry, all of us hit plateaus at different times and apparently doing that around week 3 or 4 is quite common. If you keep on it will come off. There has been talk on different threads that as you body uses fat out of cells it refills them with water and then you get a whoosh moment when the water comes out and the cells collapse. Your whoosh will come.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

When I stepped on the scale on week four, I gained and lost four of five pounds, every day fluctuating wildly. Some weeks are like that. As JGwen says, it’s a common phenomenon for loss to appear to stop around mid-way through the 8 weeks. It’ll pick up again, don’t waste a minute fretting about it. This is not a linear process and there are going to be some frustrating times when the scale does not reflect your effort. A week with no loss is actually the best of those frustrating times. It’s the weeks where you gain for no reason that really do your head in.

When you say no carbs, you mean no bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, that sort of thing, right? Do you actually count carbs? Because there are carbs is most vegetables, dairy and lots of carbs in most fruits. Counting your total daily intake by inputting your food into a tracker like MyFitnessPal or Fat Secret will give you a more precise idea of how many grams of carbs you’re still eating. Some of us have found that lowering that figure can help jump-start weight loss.

Eyes on the prize, angiepangie. You’re doing great. so keep it up. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.