No excuses

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mrsbw
    on

Hi,
    I’m fed up with being overweight and at 38 it’s now really getting desperate. I’m not sure whether my weight is the cause of my depression or the other way around but it’s time to take control.
    I’m in the process of reading the book and will start next week after my holiday but need that time to get my head around it.
    I do believe that I can do it this time.
    Good luck to you all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Mrsbw – congratulations on making the decision to make some changes and take control. I recommend making full use of the forum, by joining any thread that looks relevant to you and your journey. This forum is populated by like minded people at various stages in the process and all want to support and encourage, offer advice and celebrate and commiserate as the situation dictates. It can take a while to get your head around the BSD way of thinking, as it turned the old low fat/high carb ethos on it’s head, so shout out if you need help.
    Have a great holiday and come back focused and ready to start your BSD journey. Best of luck to you on achieving your goals.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi mrsbw, and welcome to the forums! I fully endorse all of SunnyB’s excellent advice. There is much excellent
    experience to be found on the forums, so please chose a thread or threads that appeal to you. Even while you
    are on holiday, you could begin by cutting down on the bad carbs/sugar. It will help to make the transition to
    800 cal. when you return that much easier.
    Very best of luck to you!

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.