No carb, no sugar family baking ideas please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by spendloven
    on

Hello everyone, I’m on day 3 of BSD. Previously I was a great snacker, not snacking whilst on the diet but the family are missing out on my baking.

I’ll be making the books brownies tomorrow. Can anyone suggest some tried and tested recipes to satisfy my family’s need for baked/snack goods and me to not feel guilty having a nibble.

Thank you x

P.S I have a 2 year old obsessed with cake

• posted by spendloven
    on

Spiced apple crisps
    kcal90 fat0.3g saturates0g carbs22g sugars22g fibre3.3g protein0.8g salt0g

Ingredients:
    2 Granny Smith
    Cinnamon , for sprinkling

Method:

Heat the oven to 160C/ 140C fan/ gas mark 3. Core the apple and slice through the equator into very thin slices 1 – 2mm thick. Dust with cinnamon and lay flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Cook for 45 mins – 1 hour, turning halfway through and removing any crisps that have turned brown. Continue cooking until the apples have dried out and are light golden. Cool, store in an airtight container and enjoy as a snack.

• posted by Lynnie62
    on

Hi, I make the brownies weekly but don’t use nibs I use cocoa powder as it makes them tastier I think, I also make the almond and fruit pudding which is lovely with yog, my family eat what I give them and believe me if they knew they were eating sugarless treats they would be shouting from the rooftops😳. If you make these things look “normal” you’ve won the battle👍

Please log in or register to post a reply.