Night time hunger

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cazzie
    on

Hi all!

Just finished week 1. Still struggling with hunger but during the day I can keep busy and distract myself. At night is a different story.

I’m using recipes from the book for all my meals, drinking herbal tea in the evening and a big glass of water before bed … But so hungry while trying to fall asleep. Not coping!

Any suggestions?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

The thing that satisfies and fills you up is full fat foods.

Have you reviewed the breakdown of carbs, fat and protein on an app such as MyFitnessPal?

If you have your evening meal with plenty of fat in it – add some full fat yoghurt, or cheese, or avocado, just as suggestions – you should find that this fills you up.

If you are still feeling hungry – and this does lessen as you go on – focus on making sure a good amount of your 800 calories is fat. Honestly, does work!

Good luck!

• posted by Izzy
    on

You could save some calories for a milky drink at bedtime, or have your last meal a bit later.

But Igora is right we need the fat 🙂

• posted by MooLoc
    on

I’m often hungry at bedtime too and/or if I wake up in the night so at first I would keep some nuts beside my bed and eat 3 with a glass of water. Now I can resist the snacks and try to be aware that hunger is just a sensation and I can live with it more easily! I consciously think ” there are worse things than hunger”
    All the best to you. I’m on week 5 and it is easier by now.

• posted by Cazzie
    on

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I’ll have a look at adding more fat.

Please log in or register to post a reply.