Newbie! Would love some company. :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Prinnoi
    on

Hi, Prinnoi here from Aus. I have low carbed in the past and lost a lot of weight – but since returning to Australia and all it’s delicious lovely carbs (my lack of willpower and etc etc etc) I’m DOOMED! heh I KNOW low carbing works for me (PCOS and prediabetic) and I know I have to SWITCH to a complete low carb lifestyle. The M diet is SO appealing to me so I’m here, and fired up ready to go!

I’m on day 3 of the 800 diet. I’m not hungry! but i am having big caffeine withdrawls! I miss my big milky coffee! I haven’t attempted a almond milk one yet…. Not that desperate…. like I said YET! Eating lots of veg, thank gawd for pumpkin! and lovely full fat yoghurt.

Just wanted to introduce my self and say howdy! And get some support.

Cheers!

Prinnoi x

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Prinnoi,
    Welcome to the forum, one suggestion with your coffee is to switch from milky coffee to using double cream, or extra thick double cream in your coffee. – Cream is higher fat but lower carbs than milk, so as long as you allow for the calories and carbs out of your allowance you will still be able to fit in a caffeine fix.

I am unusual in that I use the latest posts option to read all the threads, but most people stick to just the threads that they are members off. – There is a weekly challenge and a monthly challenge where we tell others of our aims and report progress. In both threads you will find a mixture of newcomers and people who have been eating this way for a while who are happy to share their advice. The current weekly thread which is the more active is called Re-Focus, one week at a time, starting Oct 23. Why not join us.

• posted by Prinnoi
    on

Thank you so much! Will do. I thought about cream today while I hovered over my herbal tea… blech! heh

Thanks for the welcome, I will go, explore and join in.

Cheers! xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.