Newbie question

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Vulcan463
    on

Hi all,
    So day 1 week 1 and I’ve got this far, or should that be we as my partner is joining me on this journey too!
    I’m a guy who until recently has never had to worry about diet but after a horrible couple of years with a change in homelife along with injuries meaning I’ve not been so active I’ve got to the point that I’m pretty ashamed of my weight gain.

Anyway day 1 has gone fairly well but i just have a quick question that you guys may be able to answer… is it ok to add lemon/lime juice (the bottled Jif type stuff) to water? Not huge amounts, maybe a tsp of both?
    Thanks in advance guys

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Vulcan463 welcome to you both. I cant see any harm in using the Jif lemon or lime in drinks as it is almost pure juice. However, dont even think of using PLJ. I had used it years ago so decided to try it again and it made my pee glow in the dark, then you know there is something wrong. Good luck.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Welcome to the community Vulcan463 andpartner 🙂 Yes, lemon and lime are fine as long as there’s no added sugar.
    You might prefer a water bottle with a diffuser – you can get them at most supermarkets – to which you can add quartered lemon and lime. Tastes much nicer.
    Maggie

• posted by Vulcan463
    on

Thanks Sunshine! This is the bit I’m struggling with most as I’m a bit of a coffee fiend (easily 8-9 cups a day) but as I take my coffee with sugar I’ve had to go cold turkey :/

• posted by Vulcan463
    on

Thanks Maggie, yes it’s on the list to get 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.