Newbie alert

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by foodislife
    on

Hello! Well hats off to all you pros out there! I have never restricted my calorie intake. Ever. I am on Day 3, I feel hungry most of the time and my stomach is growling constantly. (So much that even my colleagues have commented!) I’m also very headachey. Please can someone tell me if this is usual for the first week?
    I am currently doing a 200/200/400 split for breakfast, lunch and dinner. What I am eating is lovely (I bought the recipe book) and tastes amazing but it rarely satisfies the hunger pangs for long. I am appreciating and tasting food more. It wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for my body gurgling away, like a little gremlin, yelling for food! 🙂 I hope he goes away soon!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Foodislife and welcome – it sounds like you are suffering quite a bit with carb withdrawal. Thing is, not all calories are equal and it might pay to check you are including enough good fats, as these are satisfying and help you feel full for longer.
    Good hydration is also essential and this too adds to the feeling of fullness.
    Bottom line though, is this phase will pass. It might take a week or a little longer, but your body will soon settle to the new regime.
    Make the most of the forum. Don’t limit yourself to one thread just jump in on any that feel relevant to you.
    Will look forward to seeing you on the forum and reading about your progress.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi foodislife
    One of the things I found helpful when I was doing the 800 BSD was to go down to 2 meals a day – either 400/400 or more usually 200/600 or thereabouts. I usually skipped breakfast or just had a couple of coffees, ate 200 for lunch like you and saved my 600 for the evening meal. It just helped me with hunger.
    Might not be good for right now but it might be worth considering once you’re settled into things. Good luck.

Jennie xx

• posted by foodislife
    on

Hi SunnyB and Jennie,
    Thank you for your replies and support. I will join in on other posts as lots of newbies there too. Reading through other peoples posts, I do have many questions already. It’s great that there is a team on here sharing stories and support. See you out there! 😉

Please log in or register to post a reply.