We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sparklyfairydreams
    on

hi everyone, i’m looking to start this diet, i have bought the book today, had a quick scan through, is there a list of allowed foods anywhere on here?

i feel a bit overwhelmed even though i’ve spent all of my lunch break stalking the forum,

i just don’t feel like i know what to eat?

i know its 800 cals but what normal foods should i be eating? i don’t have time to do all the fancy meals lol!

sorry if this is a silly question.

thanks

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hello, im on my 8th week. I too am not a fancy food fan, esp with a family to cater for. I haven’t used any of the book recipes as they’re not to my taste. I’ve used normal everyday foods. However I have counted cals obsessively and cut out all the rubbish such as bread, potatoes, sweets, biscuits, cake, etc, etc. Also tried to keep carbs low and use full fat everything! I use a book called “the hugely better calorie counter” to refer to. I must have done something right as my blood sugars have halved and I’ve lost 21 pounds so far. Good luck with it all.

on

thanks so much for replying, do you have a couple of days example menus you wouldnt mind posting? to give me a rough idea of what people are eating, so are like, meat, fish, eggs, veg, pulses, beans, salads all ok? and what about dressings and stuff?

i’ve been doing slimming world forever so it will take some getting used to,

wow!!!! what an amazing result!!! well done chick!!! fantastic!

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hi again, I think there’s a thread called “what I’ve eaten today” which gives some ideas but my menu for today as an example is:
    B – Fage Greek yog 200g, 3 tbsp strawberries
    L: small tin baked beans 150g and a poached egg
    D: lettuce/5 sl cucumber/one tomato, 6oz fillet steak

Snack: Apple
    Teas to drink at 7 cals each due to milk.

on

Lovely, thanks for your help, will have a look, don’t feel as daunted now lol!

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Admittedly I found the first 2 days a struggle, what with me being greedy!! After that, with determination, it got better and once you start getting good results either weight wise or blood sugar wise it just makes you want to keep on keeping on!! Good luck.

• posted by deetia52
    on

Hi I am now on day 5 and struggling with something sweet after my dinner. I know that I am not hungry. I think it’s when I have normal tea I automatically want a biscuit. I suppose I could try herbal or fruit tea. I have been ok up to now and it’s true when you have one thing that you shouldn’t it makes you want more . Anyway I have finally got my book in book form, not kindle so hopefully that will help because I can refer backwards and forwards easier, x

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

sparklyfairydreams, deetia52
    I am not a dieter, nor a fan of preparing massively elaborate meals, but I found the book recipes and 4 week [repeated] plan gave me the discipline and sense of positive change that I needed. I followed many of the menus as set out at first whilst also using up stuff in the fridge and freezer. I found the buying and preparation helped get my brain adjusted and stomach ready for something different. In the end both myself and mrs JWS found the variety of food and relative simplicity of the menus interesting and tasty and filling enough to get us [mainly me] through the 8 weeks. After the first four weeks I could estimate and work out my own variations without counting calories.
    The suggestions helped move me on from that business of needing something sweet after dinner, or from compulsory carbs for breakfast, to trying new things like proper Greek yogurt with everything from blueberries to rhubarb instead. Just the thought of excess bread or pasta or even too much porridge now makes me feel bloated. Lots of water helps since we often confuse hunger with thirst.

Good luck!

• posted by Syb
    on

I’m another that hasn’t tried all new recipes. Yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, salad and meat of some sort for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner. There is a recipe for egg muffins that are my lunch variety. Basically eggs, mushrooms and either cold meat or cheese with cottage cheese. Really nice warm, freeze ok and ok cold. With kids who aren’t big veggie eaters they often have rice/potato or pasta and I just have more veggies.

Please log in or register to post a reply.