We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

I have been on this diet for two days, so I am just starting out. Could anyone please tell me whether this diet tends to make you need to go for a pee much more?
    Cheers!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Not unless you are drinking much more fluid! But the first weight to go is usually water so that could account for it if you have noticed that. I am nearing the end of week 10 now and could reach the Normal weight upper limit this weekend all being well. You will not regret starting, don’t get hung up on the lengths some of the more zealous members go to. It is not that hard and you get used to it…

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Wow! Congratulations. That’s brilliant. Do you feel good being on it? I feel better than I have on other diets. I find the actually arranging meals but a little faffy but will no doubt get used to it.

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I am really very keen to benefit from this. Good luck with the weigh-in.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi fatblaster, yes, most people do go to the loo a lot more when they first start. Usually because they are making a conscious effort to drink more in order to de-tox but also because your body is losing the water it stored along with fat, so you are likely to notice it more at the start. You need to aim for two to three litres of water a day for optimum weight loss and good health.

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Thanks, Janet1973. I am drinking loads, so it may well be a mixture of both things!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi fatblaster, personally, I find the meals in the book too fussy so I just stick to my old favourites with moderations to cut out the carbs/calories, it works just as well.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

I also do as Janet1973 does as some of the recipes in the book didn’t appeal to me and wouldn’t work in my family when sorting meals.

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Hi People! Feeling a bit fed up today. Thought I had stuck faithfully to the diet, and had gone from 13st 12.5 to 13st5, in 6 days, but seem to have gone back up 1lb to 13st 6 today. Thought I’d kept pretty rigidly to the diet plan. Can’t explain this, and it’s hit my motivation.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Don’t let it demotivate you!!!
    everyone is different and your body is not to be trusted.
    Things like stress, feeling unwell and even the time of day can make your weight vary by up to 4 pounds a day!
    I know what Michael says about daily weighing and sorry but it’s one thing I disagree with. Yes if you lose a bit each day it will keep you motivated but you are experiencing the opposite.
    Personally I weigh once a week on the same day at the same time.
    The diet does work, on 800 calories and low carbs you have to lose weight but it won’t all come off at once, take a look through the forums and you will find plenty of people who have had plateaux lasting up to 3 weeks, then they get a sudden overnight loss.
    Keep your faith, the results will come.

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Thanks so much, Bill1954. Sometimes, someone encouraging you is all you need. I am boring my dearly beloved senseless with this (although she has been very supportive). I find I become quite obsessed by the whole thing. Thanks.

• posted by barby
    on

Hi FatBlaster – I know EXACTLY how you feel about being demotivated, especially when you read about all the amazing losses. Not everyone is so lucky – I am quite new here and one of the slow losers, but it IS going. I know myself, and if I see the scales go up, it does demotivate me, could make me binge.

So I have not weighed for last 5 days, just keep doing it properly. It will come off, and meanwhile hopefully you’ll start feeling other benefits, such as clothes slightly looser, happy being in control. I may weigh once a week from now on.

The things I’m trying to do now, which I didn’t at first, is take the time to weigh my portions ie when I add teaspoon chopped nuts to yoghurt/ or 3 dsrt spoons yoghurt for breakfast. Once I know exactly how much a portion is in a certain spoon, I enter it on My Fitness Pal, and use same spoon from then on. I may have been eating too much without realising. Also if you go on MFP or similar, you can make sure you are eating enough fat, which is also important.

Make sure you drink loads, apparently it really helps with weight loss. I’ve found these forums make all the difference to keep me on track. Good luck and bet you will be shrinking soon.

• posted by Izzy
    on

it might help to weigh in less, once a week maybe or even at least leave it a couple of days in between.

I’m a newbie too so lets keep going ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve also had to pee a lot…. and I also don’t much feel drawn to the book example recipes, but there are plenty low carb recipe ideas you can find here and online elsewhere and I have been making up my own.

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Thanks, Izzy! One of the best things is this forum. Stops me boring my partner! And keeps me going. Restored and renewed!

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Thanks, Barby. Your tips are REALLY helpful. It is too easy to assume portions are all right, when you’re a wee bit out. On 800 calories that is a big difference. I also didn’t drink so much, so that might be another thing. Going to cut down weighing myself to twice a week and keep going. Feel SO much better, and that is good in itself.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Fatblaster, lots of us have had that strange experience of putting a pound on one morning – then 1 or 2 days later losing more than 2 lbs so don’t let it discourage you.
    Keep on keeping on and it will all come good. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by barby
    on

Go Fatblaster – you’ll be living up to your name in no time ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Thanks, Barby! I’m going….

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Hi! I am finding this second week difficult to stick too. I had a wobble today, as it is my partner’s birthday, and had a piece of cake, full of sugar 356 calories, and it’s taken me to 1000. Also, had a really grim day at work yesterday and that’s definitely made it harder.

Am I right that eating sugar is as bad as the calories in terms of weight loss?

This whole diet is about discipline, and I can be flaky. Down from 13.12 to 13.1 in 1.5 weeks, but desparate to get down to a healthy BMI. Also, my eczema is so much better.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Fatblaster,
    Those weight loss results are very good, and a bonus improvement in your eczema! ๐Ÿ™‚
    There have been a few surprises for people having improvements in other medical conditions that you wouldn’t think had anything to do with weight loss.
    The second week can be a bit tricky with weight loss stalling, and the carb cravings having a final fling. Week three will be better.
    The problem with sugar is it leaves you wanting more. It is very addictive, but we are human and a slice of birthday cake isn’t the end of the world. Just hop back onto the wagon and start again. We’ve all fallen off once or twice and lived to tell the tale. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi fatblaster
    In my humble opinion you are both right and wrong. Yes, staying away from sugar is very important for this diet but as Cherrianne says that is because sugar is very addictive. But if you can survive the first couple of weeks you should find that you no longer desire sugar in the same way and that means that no discipline is required at all, you simply won’t feel the same way about it. And if you do succumb, many people report, including myself, how ill they feel after eating carbs again.

So get that wheel back on your wagon, do your best to stay on track and you will find it gets easier very soon. All the best.

• posted by barby
    on

Hi Fatblaster 11 pounds in a week and a half is amazing – I’d be very happy with that.

I too had my first piece of cake at weekend when visiting – it tasted too sweet and I left the icing. I truly didn’t really enjoy it, and it didn’t make me want more. I won’t bother next time.

Keep going because your tastes do change and it IS easier. I have changed so much in my eating and it’s not an effort now – apart from when out with others. I normally have no discipline/will power, so the fact I’m still here after 3.5 weeks is surprising to me.

Maybe you have got bored of the food you are eating on this regime. Have you tried new things lately? I just had some grated ginger and garlic fried, added shredded veg, topped with quorn mince already done, it was so tasty and quick. I don’t like cooking so just do simple things, and freeze extra if I can. Good luck!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh boy, fatblaster, do I agree with Janet re carbs! I spent literally hours searching for a swmming cozzie today. Got hungry, fell into costa and had a gluten free brownie. My stomach is so bloated and uncomfortable and I had a blood sugar crash 3 hours later.

Never again!!!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

That’s crazy about gluten free stuff, you’d expect it to be low carb but they aren’t! Every time I stand at the costa counter I check the back of the packs. There is literally NOTHING we can eat there! Ah well, hope you feel better soon Judith, I’m off to get some berries and your fave yoghurt!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi janet, gluten free flour is largely rice flour and small amounts of other carby flours.
    It was the flours and sugar that did for me.

I know for sure now that starchy sugary foods do not suit me at all. I am bloated enough not to want to eat it again ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I know how you feel Judith. Amazing to think we used to consider such things as rewards! Hope you got your cozzie sorted too, that’s the real reward!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Cozzie? Nooooo ๐Ÿ™

4 hours and no result! I’ll be swimming in Cherrieanne’s sea fully clad lol

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Oh that’s a shame! I thought you were going to say you’d skinny dip! What about online?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I’m going to have to settle for mis matching top and bottom covered by a baggy t shirt. My skinny dipping days are long over lol ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Thanks for all your help. I experienced a sugar crash yesterday, I think? Suddenly very sleepy during and evening meeting. Very wierd. I’m not craving carbs, but I lazily just go for it sometimes. I’ve also plateaued after a blinding first week. Still committed, as generally I feel so well. You guys are a real blessing, too! And the new way of sleeping is a real gift! Onwards and upwards. Love the fried garlic and ginger & veg idea, barby!

• posted by barby
    on

Hi Fatblaster glad you’re still determined – must credit the fried garlic and ginger idea to Hawks and possibly Hashimoto among others, it really pays to trawl the threads, when wanting inspiration.

Re sugar crash, hopefully someone knowledgeable will comment soon.

Today I went back to early threads in January, when the first pioneers were just finding their way – interesting reading. Many of them are no longer active here, I like to think they’ve all shed their weight and diabetes, and are happily getting on with life.

I’m now off to find something inspiring to do with an aubergine, another new food ingredient for me!

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Good luck, Barby! I await to hear about interesting Aubergine-themed creations!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi barby I think Hawks and I go for similar tastes! I certainly fry things like garlic, chilli and ginger before adding courgetti!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Just do it
    on

Barby, try the minced lamb stuffed aubergines in the book – they’re the tastiest recipe I’ve tried yet. I used minced beef instead of lamb and added leeks and topped with cheddar., also scooped the flesh out first before pre-cooking the skins and cooked with the filling. It was so good I had it for lunch and dinner the same day!

• posted by Fatblaster
    on

Had a properly terrible week on my fourth week. Lots of binging on horrid, sweet food. Don’t know why I did it, feel really awful. My allergies are racing, and I’ve put three pounds on. Having been so good, and lost nearly two stone in four weeks, I cannot believe I have spent nearly a week living the old way – and I don’t feel good for it. Wondering how long it will take me to purge the sugar again?

• posted by Annemc
    on

Hey fat blaster. Don’t despair and don’t give up. You seem to have been doing amazing so far and the old way of living isn’t really living if your allergies are flaring and you are feeling no good. It is sometimes so easy just to go back to what is habit and comfortable. Remember anything worthwhile is rarely easy. Keep going and think positive. Good luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.