We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lilacx6
    on

Hi all, I am new to this the forum and too the 800 diet. I have ordered the book and look foward to its arrival ๐Ÿ˜Š I am just going to start cutting out carbs and junk until the book arrives as I dont want to keep eating the wrong foods for me as an excuse till the book arrives. Can I just ask a few tips while I wait please? What can i substitute sugar for for my blk coffee as i usually use sweeteners? Is honey ok? Thanks all ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

No sugar or honey or maple syrup. Nothing. You will hear people say that sugar substitutes are poison and shouldn’t be used but the research shows that any sugar sub like saccarine or stevia is okay and is better than overloading on sugar. The problems come when you drink large amounts of fizzy low sugar drinks as they fool the body into thinking it is getting sugar and you get the sugar rush but a much quicker drop in blood glucose when the body recognises there was no sugar. It is the large amounts that are the important thing.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Lilac – sunshine-girl is right, best to avoid large amounts of sweetener, but a little in coffee/tea is okay if you really can’t do without it. Whilst you are waiting for the book to arrive, try to cut down on starchy carbs – potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, cakes, biscuits etc. Practice getting your hydration up too, as good hydration is important for weight loss.
    Do join other threads – there is a weekly challenge one (the one starting tomorrow has the 8th January in the title). This is populated by people at various stages of the BSD path, which means there’s lots of knowledge and experience to tap into and plenty of support and encouragement to be had.
    Look forward to seeing you out and about on the forum and reading of your progress.

Please log in or register to post a reply.