We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Medchzza
    on

Hello I’m new here. Its my first day on the plan. I’m not diabetic or pre but I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy so I’m at an increased risk. I’m currently 3 stone overweight which I’ve gained over the last 3 years. I’ve tried diet plans such as the bodycoach and slimming world but I only lost weight very slowly. I’ve found since having gd that I can easily pile weight on but not lose it again. I’m hoping this plan will help me get rid of the weight and control my sugar cravings.

• posted by kate368
    on

Hi Medchezza, I’m just approaching the half way point and found the sugar cravings went really quickly, like two or three days and I’ve only been truly hungry about twice. Good luck, hope you enjoy it too!

• posted by Medchzza
    on

Thanks for replying. Its good to hear that the sugar can be beaten. I have to say I felt awful yesterday, no cravings but I felt like I had the flu. Is that normal in the first few days?

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Yes. It’s known as the carb flu and is a very common symptom of cutting out the carbs from your diet. Some people never get it (I didn’t), most people experience it for a few days or a week, some have an extended bout lasting more than a week. Power through it, drink water constantly and add a little salt to your food if you don’t normally to keep your electrolytes up. Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.