Newbi – looking for options

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 8-week-loser
    on

Hi
    Im new to the diet and Im looking for options for breads etc
    Has anyone used Ragi Flour ?
    From the information Ive read its a great flour to use and will help me achieve my goals but wondered if anyone has used it

Thanks

Steve

• posted by Squidge
    on

Sorry, I don’t know anything about Ragi flour, but … rather than thinking of swapping one high carb food for something a bit better, I’ve found it helps to totally rethink what you eat. We’re so used to having bread, potatoes, pasta or rice with every meal that it takes a while to adjust to the idea of just not eating them. Once you do, this diet is much easier.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Squidge, I very much agree! The sooner we are able to envision this as a way of life, not
    a period of deprivation, the easier it is to do 🙂 I never used substitute products in my
    cooking…just got used to thinking of a plate of food in an entirely different way. There are
    so many excellent resources available, and authors that help us to get to that place.
    Steve, there is a thread on this forum entitled “TAKE A LOOK AT THIS” that provides so
    many books, podcasts and research. Have a peak at it. Best wishes to you,

Allie

• posted by Pancita
    on

Hi Steve
    No bread! Try it for the 8 weeks and you’ll be surprised how little you miss it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi 8-week-loser – I’m afraid the others are correct. Ragi flour contains over 70g carbs per 100g, so much to carbie for the BSD, where we are looking to limit carb intake. Far better to rethink our approach to food completely, but if you have to have a bread substitute, try Cloud Bread, attached is a link, which I lifted from another post so you didn’t need to seek it out. You will find other options if you do a google search as well.
    http://diply.com/delicious-cloud-bread?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=delicious&config=7

• posted by tom1985
    on

Hi Steve – bread is the only thing that I’ve been tempted to eat! However, everybody is right – just avoid it for the 8 weeks! I make do with walking past a hipster bakery in Liverpool every day at lunchtime on my walk….

You really won’t miss it and you’ll be surprised how far 800 calories will go!

Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.