New Year 2020 ! One Week at a Time beginning 7th January 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by OiMadam
    on

Hello everyone!
    May I join you all … again? I’m so looking forward to getting back into a healthy eating regime and all of the benefits that brings. Having lost loads in 2016/17, I now find myself back to almost my heaviest weight but thankfully my mind is now back in the right zone and I’m ready to tackle my demons head-on. Carbs are my downfall and I know that my body struggles to process the amount of carbs I crave (and eat) so what works for me is a huge reduction in carbs and tracking religiously on here. So, that’s where I’m at. Raring to go and looking forward to:
    – steadily losing weight over the year (sensible long-term plan)
    – better hair/skin condition (drinking more water and eating more dark greens)
    – no more carb cravings (almonds are the way to go)
    – fewer aches and pains (enjoying fresh air walks even more)
    Wishing everyone a healthy and positive week.
    Oi Madam x

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Yowzer you made me laugh, I certainly don’t want crabs! Even less than high carbs.
    You described your journey from a year of no high carb, to slipping down the slope into the normal high fat high carb food. How long has it been since you moved?
    You need to make the good habits work for you in your current home just as you did before.
    You sound a bit discouraged by having to start again, but you are here and told us what went wrong, so you have made a big step psychologically to take charge.

How can you reawaken your dislike of high carb? Maybe write about what brought you to this WOE first time?
    You can put your reasons up on the fridge and near the toaster. Just a few words on a postit to remind you and your house mates could help when you feel weak.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Yowzer, I must have been sleepy when replying first but on reading your posts you sound determined not discouraged at all.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

OiMadam, nice to meet you.
    You are so welcome, we all encourage each other to pick ourselves up and begin again, better today than in a month 👧
    What have you been reading lately about the WOE? I find MM fast800 book worth rereading for the tips on how to start. But if you have any questions fire away.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry not to be commenting on recent posts, but I’m just ducking in to report early on a discard for the last week. Cheating a bit, as we normally run Tuesday to Tuesday I know, however, I’m about to go out and start birthday celebrating, so fearing this will show on the scales tomorrow, I’m getting in early with a discard of 3.8lb Monday to Monday.

This is stupendously good for me, as usually it would be around the 1.5lb mark for a week …. if I’m luck. Of course, this was my first proper week back to the full on BSD, so most of those pounds will have been fluid, but I’m still pleased.

Hope everyone will be posting positive results. Will be reading the posts properly and commenting again as usual tomorrow. Have a good day folks. 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Brilliant result Sunny! What a lovely birthday present.
    At the moment I’m standing still but given the weekend I’ve had I’m pleased with that. Will report in tomorrow.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

So pleased for you SUNNY! Fab bday prezzy! X 🎂🍷🍸
    OI MADAM,welcome,and i LOVE your name! Makes me smile! and I love yr ‘ looking forwards’…! X
    Good morning and good luck tomorrow VERANO X! Fingers crossed for you,I know you were busy entertaining all weekend,you deserve to see a result,you must have used up a ton of calories running round your kitchen and dining room. I can barely cook so you have my full admiration,i once made a rice pudding that had to be cut with a knife,like a cake!
    Hi PATRICIA,thats ok,I appreciate yr words…yeh deffo determined not discouraged! I’m annoyed with myself for allowing the gain,but Ive learnt from it ( how easy it can be to slip back into bad habits! Like you said,returning to the normal high fat high carb foods! )
    But not such a long journey to make this time…every cloud etc!….
    I moved house two and a half years ago..same amount of time that Ive been gaining weight! Gahhhhh!

I’ve lost 4 lbs since Jan 7 ..Im pleased with that,even tho its mainly water.
    But back in July 2016,that very first week on LCHF, I lost 12 lbs! In a funny way I am glad its not that much this time..I lost 12 lbs back then coz I was so much heavier than I am now.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi all
    my first week weigh-in is disappointing. I’ve lost 1lb since last Monday and my bg has gone up to 8.9. I’ve just had a weekend of self destruction – no idea why, I just kept eating more and more food. Started off with a healthy snack, just a bit of cheese and some walnuts and then progressed to going to the corner shop to buy chocolate and crisps. And that’s both on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night I made a massive bowl of pasta and ate it with loads of cheese…it was delicious. I know it’s self destructive I just don’t know how to stop myself. I had done really well last week which is maybe why I still managed to lose a lb and bg is still in single figures. So new week and new start. Have fasted so far today and only plan to have dinner. I went to my acqua aerobics class and walked home from the leisure centre instead of catching the bus as I usually do.
    So here we go again…

• posted by Verano
    on

Gattina yes it is a new week and a new start. Can I suggest you look at the serialisation of Prof. Roy Taylor’s book ‘Life without Diabetes’ in the Daily Mail. You should be able to see the articles online. The most interesting part for me is that he’s worked out that everybody has their own weight ‘ tipping point’ where you start to accumulate fat in your organs. He reckons that a loss of 2st 5lb is the magic number or 15% of body weight if you don’t have too much to lose. So you don’t have to be a ‘Skinny Minnie’ to reverse your diabetes. So maybe that will seem more attainable. Look the articles up you may be surprised.
    Finger prick testing ….. a little bit like the number on the scales…. fluctuates so easily. The only true measure is your HbA1c so try not to panic too much. Quite a number of us here have reversed our T2 and become drug free, so it can be do and you can do it to. Just keep going.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I am about to set up the new weekly thread and then I will be back for a chat !

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

GATTINA,you lost a pound and didnt gain! Worth celebrating!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    Say you had put two lb on (but you didnt) and hadnt lost that pound,you wd now be three pounds up! So its Damage limitation!
    That flipping Carb Monster raises its ugly head for all of us from time to time,we are only human. Highcarb diet has prob featured in all our lives for a long long time,and old habits die hard… And we didn’t have the good info we now have..
    I imagine the CarbMonster as a little plump hairy gorilla hiding round a corner,waiting to jump out at me. For some reason,its a girl gorilla wearing a little frilly skirt. Yes i know I am crackers!
    Your day has gone so well today! congrats,You are back on your horse,clippety clop! X 🐴🐴🐴
    Ps i resonate with you going to the corner shop for a fix! …Amen sister,done that many times
    💕💕💕 Onwards and Downwards 💕💕💕

• posted by wendleg
    on

Please pop over to the new weekly thread xxx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Patricia1066
    I’ve just read your message about my post mentioning my slim ankles reminding you of how great having them are. It made me laugh because it was your post about how great they are that then reminded me!
    I reckon if either of us are ever feeling a bit fed up the other should just post ‘slim ankles’ – we’ll cheer up in an instant!
    Jennie xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Verano
    I just wanted to say thanks for the tip off about Roy Taylor’s book. I’d noticed there was something in the Mail but forgot to get a copy so decided to buy the book (got the kindle version off Amazon). Glad I got it – and hope he’s personally going to get some money out of it.
    Definitely, his view about ‘personal fat thresholds’ chimes with my experience in that my bgls were back in the normal range long before I reached a healthy BMI.
    Jennie xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.