new here…no weight loss in 2 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by rachbc
    on

Hi all. I started the Fast 800 plan 5 weeks ago and lost 14lb in the first 3 weeks, however since since then I haven’t lost anything. Despite sticking to it closely and walking 30 mins everyday and strength exercise every other day. The first week of no loss I put down to PMT and bloating but after another week I’m starting to loose faith.

Any ideas, suggestions or encouragement?

• posted by Frog
    on

Are you drinking enough Rachbc? I thought I was drinking loads, but when I actually tried to keep a tally it was closer to two litres rather than three – it does help flush things through. Stick with it, good luck

• posted by Izzy
    on

lots of others here have similar experiences only to find it suddenly starts to fall off again. I think I remember one member saying they went 3 weeks without losing then lost a lot all at once.

Have you been measuring your body? this can help.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Rachbc keep with it. In the big scheme of things eight weeks is not long. Do you record your food and drink? Good to see that you are have you 30 mins walk. Do you need to up grade to a faster walk or a longer walk? I am going back to weighing food instead of guessing. Enjoy today.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Can’t say enough – MEASURE, MEASURE, MEASURE – much more reliable than weight.

I had some plateaux but I could see by my Ketostix I was still fat-burning, so I knew it was going from somewhere, likely my visceral fat, all around my organs.

The subcutaneous fat is the last to go, as the body burns the most dangerous visceral fat first. And apparently last subcutaneous fat to go is below the navel ๐Ÿ™

It would be ๐Ÿ˜‰

don’t give up – get an app like MyFitnessPal and log your calories and carbs, and if you keep an eye on the carbs and make sure they’re low (lots of people here try to get under 50g per day) that may also kick start the weight again. And, as previous people have said, drink.

Have you got some clothes you’re measuring yourself by? I’ve just got into some smaller jeans and that felt great!

Good luck

• posted by rachbc
    on

Thanks all. I’m weighing all food and logging with My Fitness Pal app. Def need to drink more but that’s tricky as out in car all day with work and never know when I’ll be able to wee!! Am def ketotic as doing a dip stick so should be coming off somewhere! Measurements have plateaued too but will keep on keeping on and fingered crossed for another drop soon

• posted by Athorn223
    on

I recently got over a similar 2+ week plateau/ weight gain through intermittent fasting then eating the 800 calories. Here’s an example: I try to have dinner between 4 and 6 pm. I then fast only drinking water until 11 or 12 pm the next day. I’ll then pick up eating with a 400 call lunch and a 400 cal dinner and rarely snack. That has completely jump-started my weight loss again. I truly hopes this helps you. My plateau caused me so much stress I took a week hiatus from the plan to just reboot. I’ve been dropping about 3 lbs per week ever since.

• posted by rachbc
    on

thanks again for the tips and encouragement. I’ve upped my fluids and been extra careful to weigh and track everything and have lost 3lb since monday ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.