New here and just started

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jane-elisabeth
    on

Hi All,

Just thought I’d pop in and say hi… I started the diet a week ago Wednesday…
    My Blood results came back and shows a rise.. Unfortunately pre diabetic. So I am trying to get myself back on track.. So far so good. I am missing bread at lunch time, sometimes.. I usually eat Vogel as it doesn’t have any added sugar, but haven’t had any for over a week.. Would it be ok to eat this occasionally?

• posted by SusanJG
    on

Hi,
    I have started today and feel a mixture of excitement and trepidation!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Jane-Elisabeth – glad you have made a start and that it’s going okay. With regard to the bread, I would suggest best avoided if you can manage it, at least for the 8wks. I’ve been doing the BSD for some time now and only get really hunger now, when I have increased carb intake. Try thinking outside the box, use gem lettuce leaves as a vehicle for toppings, make pancakes with almond flour, or try making some Oops! bread – google it there are recipes online.

SusanJG – it does all feel really daunting to begin with, but it is amazing how quickly you get used to the BSD way of eating and it becomes almost second nature.

Shout out both, if you need help or support – lots of lovely folks on here will be happy to respond. Remember to post your results, we love to know how people are getting on.

Good Luck on posting some great results soon.

• posted by Jane-elisabeth
    on

Hi sunnyb,

Thank you for your tips.. I am really enjoying everything I am eating on the diet, so yes, I must leave out the bread!! Or indeed look for the oops bread recipe! I have bought some edarme spaghetti and it’s delicious… I will just keep going and must resist the bread.. A great tip for almond pancakes too.. Could I use them as a wrap sometimes?
    I lost 4.5lbs in my first week, so would really like to keep it going and do it properly..
    Thanks, 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I guess if you make the pancakes thin enough, they could be used for wraps – haven’t tried this though, so don’t know how they would hold up. Worth a try though I guess.

Please log in or register to post a reply.