New from the USA

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nifer1922
    on

I am on day 2 of the BSD and have a question about vegetable calories. So many weight loss programs consider non-starchy vegetables a free food. Am I supposed to be counting their calories?
    Jenny

• posted by alliecat
    on

Yes Jenny, and their carbs, too! A warm welcome to the forums ๐Ÿ™‚ Please find a thread that speaks to you..
    You will be joyfully welcomed on any of them. Best wishes,

Allie

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Jenny, there is so much to learn here, as I have, in such a short time. Not calories, carbs! It is very enlightening. And realising that “standard” daily cals bear no resemblance to the carb fine-tuning so personal to each of us. Others will have so much more to say and advise.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Jenny, I almost missed that you are in the U.S.!! There are several of us here…Whereabouts are you? I’m in CT.

• posted by nifer1922
    on

I am in Pennsylvania now but am originally from Wisconsin ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Very happy to know you, jenny! Our American chapter includes Julia (californiagirl), Catherine (violinist) from
    Florida, allie (Alliecat) from Connecticut, Amz (gangreneheart from the Carolinas) and Max ( Atlanta, I think!).
    We do have sources to share for those that can access them. Stay in touch. We are small in number, but have
    powerful results to share. May I ask where in Pa.? My husband is from the Pittsburgh area. So many different
    food cultures in this vast country! If I’ve left anyone out, please forgive me!?! Shout out if you need anything,
    jenny. There is always someone out and about ๐Ÿ™‚ Some of us are night owls, and others are early risers.
    Best,

Allie

• posted by nifer1922
    on

I’m from the eastern side of PA, closer to Philly.
    I am having a tough nite…have the munchies and no calories left so I had a flavored mineral water instead. ๐Ÿ™„

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi there nifer1922 ๐Ÿ™‚ WoodDuckie (Beverley) here from Australia ๐Ÿ™‚ Im hearing your cry for confirmation and understanding that you arent alone ๐Ÿ™‚ All sorts of exciting things are about to be revealed to you as the weeks unfold ๐Ÿ™‚ And they are exciting! Nothing to fear!! It has been my experience over the past 7 months, that yes some days are easier than others . . . however I can reassure you as time progresses the process evens itself out ๐Ÿ™‚ Our bodies begin adjusting to what they are being instructed to change. We ALL want to be perfect and do this properly . . . and while that is great . . . we are also human ๐Ÿ™‚ If it takes a little time for your body to accept its getting 800 not 1000 cals – and <20 carbs – (or whatever regime you are adopting) – then so be it . . . persist and do your best. and then it becomes mind over matter. Focus on something else when you feel restricted . . . change your activity . . . grab water . . . go into the garden . . . anything to DELAY whatever you are feeling . . until you recognise what your body is needing . . . not what your mind is telling your body to ask for ๐Ÿ™‚ AND . . . yell loudly because we are all here and at sometime or another . . . ? most have experienced most things you are about to ๐Ÿ™‚ Quack quack and best of luck on this new WoE!

• posted by nifer1922
    on

Thanks for the encouragement Beverly! I already can see the difference having moral support can bring! I feel much better this morning (physically and emotionally) and had a significant weight loss and blood sugar level drop this morning so I am very pleased. I know this is a learning experience and it will take time for my body to adjust. ๐Ÿ˜
    My son and family arrive tomorrow for a week (3 kids age 5 and under) so it will be a challenge but my son is a huge encouragement so it will be awesome.
    Have a great day!
    Jenny

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi nifer/Jenny – I too would like to extend a warm welcome to you. So pleased you are already seeing some benefit of this way of eating and that you are sounding upbeat and determined. Do please consider joining in on other threads on the forum, as you will be guaranteed a warm welcome, support and encouragement. Will look forward to reading about your progress too, so please keep posting.

Please log in or register to post a reply.