New Beginnings

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WinoM
    on

Hi,
    I have been reading the Fast800 book and this has really got me motivated to change my eating habits and life. I have to admit I have eaten and drunk far too much during the COVID situation. I am about to start SoberOctober and would like to begin my new eating habits. What is the best thing to do before I start, should I fast first or ease myself into fasting?

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi WinoM – and a warm welcome to the forum.

I did the BSD800 book (a pre-runner to Fast800) which didn’t really include fasting so not sure what MM says about it in Fast 800. I did time restricted eating but did that after a few weeks on BSD and have done a few fasts but that was much later.

My instinct would be to start with the changes in food first and then ease yourself into the fasting. I know I’ve heard an expert (Megan Ramos, who works alongside Jason Fung – both fasting experts) say that’s the best way to do it. But as I say, my experience of Fast800 is limited and others on here doing Fast800 will be able to give you better advice specific to Fast800.

Whatever you do, it’s great that you’re starting – following MMs advice has really worked for me and lots of others on here – it will for you too – go for it.

Jennie xx

• posted by WinoM
    on

Hi Jennie
    thank you for your warm welcome and advice. I am absolutley going to go for it.
    WinoM xx

• posted by Rainey
    on

Very curious! I’m familiar with 5:2 but what’s the difference between 800BSD and Fast800?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Rainey, the BSD800 is more focussed on people with diabetes and doesn’t go into fasting where as the Fast800 does a lot more about fasting and TRE (time restricted eating). As a diabetic I prefer the BSD as it explains more about the condition and how the diet works to help. I dont know your circumstances but dont bother getting both books, just decide which one suits your situation. Diabetes control along with weight loss or weight loss.

• posted by Rainey
    on

Thanks for making that clear.

Please log in or register to post a reply.