Need some inspiration! 2nd week fail!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Libstar
    on

It was going sooo well, I had no hunger, the lbs were dropping then I tried a little chocolate and before I knew I’d eaten a lot of c#*p! We’re talking spoon in the Nutella jar, chocolate rolls, cake! Feeling so disappointed as I know I’m better without. Don’t know if to relax for the weekend (camping) or refocus and power through. Help ….

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Can you not get rid of the things that tempt you? None of them are easy to resist if you’re feeling weak. You said in a previous post that you find it hard to motivate yourself – having these beartraps in the house would cause anyone difficulties. Are the family prepared to cooperate?
    Maggie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Libstar, I’m sorry to hear that you’re struggling a bit. I think your sugar binge is a good indication
    that you’re fighting an addiction, and like all addictions, it can be powerful! The longer that you
    abstain, the easier it will get. I wonder if you might consider your children as the extra motivation
    that you indicate you lack? In ridding your house of things like chocolate, chocolate rolls and
    cake, the little ones will be learning healthy eating habits for life, as well. Childhood obesity is
    an epidemic in my country (USA), and sugar and refined carbs are the culprit 🙂 I’m unsure of what
    you mean by “relaxing over the weekend”, but I think that you already know the answer to that one….
    Have you read Gary Taubes book “Why We Get Fat..and What To Do About It”? It’s an excellent
    companion to MMosley’s books, and I found it incredibly useful in understanding the effects of
    bad carbs/sugar on the body. You can also find his lectures on you tube, if reading time is at
    a premium in your busy life.
    There is wonderful support, wisdom and knowledge on these forums, and we’re always happy
    to talk about the BSD. Best to you,

Allie

• posted by wendyq
    on

Libstar,this has happened to me before,once you sat you can’t stop,then you feel so bad afterwards.Now these things like cake etc don’t really bother me but I love dark chocolate and if it’s there I sometimes can’t resist having a bit.The best thing is not to have the things that tempt you in at all but it’s difficult when you have a family.In time the cravings will go and you’ll be tempted by nuts and greek yogurt(that’s me)or something else that isn’t high in sugar.I can empathise with people who are addicted to alcohol and cigarettes,it’s definitely not easy to give anything up but if you’re determined you can do it.

I read the Gary Taubes book as well,as several people suggested it on these forums,although I haven’t seen his lectures yet.It really is a fantastic book,I’d recommend it and I learned so much.Low carbs is definitely the way to go.

My suggestion for the weekend is whatever you decide to do get stocked up on low carb food ,be strong,you can do it.I’ve been amazed at my willpower,so has my hubby and he’s also eating less off the rubbish as well.It’s so easy for everything to go to pot at the weekend,just get in the right frame of mind and you’ll be fine.

I don’t always post on these forums but often read them and get inspiration.If other people have done it,so can I.My weight has been the same for a few weeks now so i really need to focus and try harder.Once I’m losing again hopefully can keep going and will soon be looking for smaller clothes.

• posted by Libstar
    on

Thanks for the advice, I’ll look at getting that book. Gonna power through!!! Really want to rid myself of the sugar addiction. With so much going on it’s hard to stay on track. Worth in the long run. I had the ‘1 week at a time mindset’ but maybe I need to think ‘1 day at a time’ for now 🙏😉

• posted by alliecat
    on

That’s the spirit, Libstar! One meal at a time, if that’s what you need to do 🙂 It’s still early days for
    you, but it’s all a learning curve, for everyone. The BSD is very forgiving, and you CAN DO IT! And we’re
    all here to help….Enjoy your camping trip! I hear that fantastic weather is on tap on your side of
    the pond 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Libstar how is it going now?
    I completely understand how you must be feeling…the exact same thing happened to me yesterday after being on the plan for 2 weeks. Just one little taste led to a huge binge of the treats in the house. Today is a brand new day and we will crack this…just take it one meal at a time and feel good about each day that you complete successfully. New start!

Please log in or register to post a reply.