Mystery Girl

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by fiikrcgad
    on

New member here- just going to introduce myself sorry if it’s a bit lengthy. A week ago my doctor told me I was a ‘bit if a mystery’. She diagnosed me with pre diabetes but couldn’t give me any suggestions on what to do to improve the situation because according to her I didn’t fit the criteria for pre diabetes. I consider myself to be pretty healthy. Not a lot of sugary foods/drinks or takeaway. I don’t eat lollies or chocolate. I’m 25, 57kg with a Bmi of 22 I average 20k steps a day and no family history of diabetes. Alls looking good except my sugar level is 5.7. After a bit of research I’ve decided to try BSD because I didnt realise the foods I were eating were not good for my body. Bit disappointed I have to give up pasta and potatoes though- my two favourite foods.

• posted by shalimar
    on

fiikrcgad HUGS

most of us miss the potatoes and pasta too!

Perhaps once your blood sugar has been great for a while you can add those foods back into your diet occasionally …. if you still have a taste for them

• posted by fiikrcgad
    on

On a side note;
    Im using myfitnesspal, but in order to set up my ‘goals’ it has to equal 100%.
    I have carbs set at 80g, protein at 50g (as recommended) but that leaves fat at 31g is that too much fat? I understand there are good fats and bad fats but don’t want to overdo it…

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi there

Try looking at this site

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

And enter in your details to see how many calories you need for maintenance and weight loss.

If you eat 50g of carbs or less per day this really seems to kick off loss of visceral fat and retrain your hormones.

Enter this as a target plus the calories you’re aiming for (800?) and it will tell you the best protein level for your activity and then the fat.

Fats are not so much of a problem – we burn them for fuel and energy when the body doesn’t have the easy option of refined carbs. So full fat dairy is good, fills you up, and doesn’t have the dreadful added sugar of the 0 fat versions.

I had great success using this website and entering my targets into MFP – had less weight to lose, and shed 26lbs on my 8 weeks (now been on maintenance for 3 months and still same final weight). Because I had less to lose I did 20-30g of carb per day which worked for me.

OH had Type 2 and reduced his BS so much he is now recorded as “in remission”

Hope this helps

Please log in or register to post a reply.