My skinny jeans fit me again !!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MenopausalMel
    on

Happy Saturday everyone!
    And mine certainly is!
    Just need to share with you all, I tentatively tried a pair of jeans on I last wore around 4 years ago. Well I’m pleased to say they are on. A little tight but still very wearable! A few weeks ago I couldn’t even get them over my thighs.
    I’m not doing this solely to lose weight but based on my waist circumference and height/weight ratio, I know I was over weight and not in optimum health. Health and longevity are my main intentions and this isn’t about a quick fix, and back to old, bad habits. This was started as a permanent change of thinking and of lifestyle.
    My first post on here was a cry for help at not seeing the scales moving in the right direction after just two weeks of trying to undo several years of poor diet and unhealthy choices. Well I got lots of encouraging support from you guys and that gave me the determination to stick with it and refocus on what my actual long term goal was (health and longevity)
    A friend who I hadn’t seen for a few months commented on how much my hair had grown and wether or not I’d got extensions? I hadn’t and I didn’t really think it was any different from the last time we’d met. I happened to look at a photo we’d taken on the previous meet up and she was right, my hair had gone from short to long in the space of five months. I’d just never noticed it growing(well we don’t do we!)
    What I’m getting at is, changes happen, not visibly over night nor in a few days or even weeks. But they are happening and if all of the weight, visceral fat and damage took years to accumulate and then register in my size of clothes then it wasn’t going to just magically disappear in a few weeks (how could it?)
    To everyone who was like me in the beginning, don’t give up! This does work and in a few months you won’t believe the transformation, Both inside and out!
    Stick with it, my scales didn’t budge and after 3 weeks I got rid of them! I found it psychologically damaging and detrimental to my real goals. Peoples comments of ‘ you’ve lost weight’ and my work shirts that were previously bursting at the buttons and gaping becoming loose and baggy became my measure of success !
    My skin looks younger and I feel in control of my health and my future. Something I haven’t felt for a good few years.
    I hope this encourages any newbies out there to keep on going and use this group as support like I did.
    Now off to enjoy the rest of Saturday in my skinny jeans with an ever so slightly smug expression across my face 😉😊

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi MenopausalMel, Lovely to read your good news. Enjoy the skinny jeans!

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi Mel and well done on your success. I agree that feeling good, ftting into clothes and receiving compliments is much better than just seeing the scales moving downwards. Knew you’d get there if you kept going. So glad you didn’t give up. I think we’ve all been at that point at some time and it’s the support and encouragement of everyone on here that keeps us going.

• posted by Squidge
    on

That’s great news, Mel! Well done.

I think it’s stuff like getting into a particular item of clothing, doing something without getting breathless, making a food choice without feeling we’re missing out which really show us what we’ve achieved in a way that simple numbers can’t.

• posted by CocoPhoenix
    on

Congratulations! That’s very inspiring!

• posted by Anglinia
    on

Its such a good news. We are happy for you. I want to follow your diet.

• posted by lucyjohn987
    on

Ohh wow I must say many many congrats to you. Really it’s a big happiness for all ladies that when old dresses fit us again. Well, can you tell me about your diet plan? because I wanna follow your diest because I wanna lose some weight, I saw much prettier dresses on Mixxmix coupons at Reecoupons, but I only have an issue about the size, so plz share some tips too.

• posted by YosefAvery
    on

Great news! Also, can someone recommend me a store with tuxedos?

Please log in or register to post a reply.