My Holiday Survival (almost!)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hi fellow 800’ers
    Well we’ve been in Cornwall for a week. I’ve stuck to the plan. Not one chip, pasty or cream tea has passed my lips. I did have a poached cod one night from the chippy though. I’m fuming though – I’ve just let myself down today (week 7, day 5). I picked up a 70g pot of cashew nuts and scoffed them all – all 413 cals of them!! So today these cals are excess ones. Although I’ve walked miles this week, I know this is no excuse. Honestly it’s just not worth being greedy as it’s made my last night in Cornwall thoroughly guilt ridden!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi leeanne, look on the bright side you won’t be constipated after all those cashews! Please don’t berate yourself you have done SO well not to have fish and chips, cream teas and pasties. 1 pot of healthy nutss won’t derail you when it’s a one off.

I think you’ve done brilliantly. 🙂

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Thanks hashimoto, encouragement is very welcome! Better cashews than a mars bar! Back on the wagon tomorrow.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

I think you should have named this ‘my holiday triumph’. In Cornwall, of all the foodie destinations, and you only succombed to a few extra cashews? I’m jealous of your control!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I totally agree with you julia, leeanne has done so well 🙂

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Thanks guys! Yes, the temptations were there!! Just the smell of the food outlets was mouth watering! A 6 hour journey home tomorrow – my egg salad is already packed ready in the fridge! ! I have promised to take a box of 10 pasties home as gifts – imagine the smell in our car ! OMG! !

• posted by keje
    on

Hi Leeanne , ithink you should be really proud of yourself on holiday, actually sounds like a massive achievement to me and absolutely no reasin to ffel guilty! cashews have loads of ggodness i n them. There are over 3000 cals in a pound of fat so you won’t have done any damage. I realised last week I had eaten over 1000 cals in peanuts in a weekend, ( just a normal weeekend! No excuse, but still lost weight after) but i’m sure prior to the bsd it would have been a lot more cals in high sugar and that would have lead to even more over the next few days. I’m finding it a lot easier to get back on the wagon with the bsd, but don’t want to forget we should enjoy ourselves on holiday!

• posted by Feebeez
    on

You’ve done incredibly well! If you mark your good days and your bad days on a calendar, your bad day is just a tiny bump on your road to success. The important thing to do now is to ensure that your small bump doesn’t turn into an excuse for more eating. Well done for having your food already prepared for tomorrow. You are doing great and you should be proud!

• posted by Leeanne
    on

I had no idea 3000cals were in one pound of fat Keje. Amazed!
    Cheers Feebeez for your wise words.
    Onwards and upwards for us all.

Please log in or register to post a reply.