my fitness pal

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by deetia52
    on

Hi I have logged on to my fitness pal but do I have to pay to enable the calorie carb counter – I am not very technical, iPhone savvy
    Dee

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Dee
    no, you don’t have to pay – but using the free version does mean putting up with irritating ads that pop up when you move the cursor across the ad (you don’t even click on them!)
    Just refresh the page whenever you get irritating pop ups that won’t go away.

If you’re new to my fitness pal a few point to note:
    – if you want to enter in grams or ounces, type that in the search box (eg “apples grams” ) – otherwise you get loads of entries that will come up with US cup measurements (another way to achieve this is to type the name of a UK supermarket “Tesco apples”)
    – database entries are created by users – they can make mistakes, or not record full data (I got a data entry for something I knew had carbs, but none were entered – presumably the person that created that entry was only calorie counting, because they’d only entered calories), and other record had a decimal point missing. It is pretty accurate, but when using a new record, I always cross check with the packet, a supermarket website (Sainsbury and Waitrose list nutrients for pretty much everything they sell)

that said, it is pretty good, I started of using a spreadsheet, then switched after a couple of weeks – you just need to do logical checks on it if you’re using new records. If you spot something is incorrect, you do get the opportunity to correct it.

Good luck, I’m sure that you’ll get the hang of it

Please log in or register to post a reply.