My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Bubble day today, let’s be young for an hour today or Saturday,

I think I could live on eggs bacon mushrooms and toms, ham
    Scrambled eggs,
    Mixed grill
    Omeletes

Have you got a baking tray that you make little cakes in, the one with three rows of five ‘cups’?

Put a large mushroom in the bottom.
    Then curl a slice or two of bacon around the sides like a wall.
    Then break an egg carefully in the middle,

Bake in to oven until cooked.
    Lift out carefully, it’s nice, crispy and fun to eat

Love Lucia.
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia those bacon egg cups sound yummy! I’m going to try them! I’ll have to pop out and buy some more bacon, just finished mine yesterday.

Bubbles, nos there’s a fun idea!

I didn’t wear a new frock on Wednesday – the weather was vladivostoc and pouring down but I did my hair slapped on the lippy and wore some new old clothes! Friend duly surprised! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia
    6 degrees here
    My nose is also cold
    Love judith

Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi julia I think a lot of mothers are suffering from children’s exam stresses. I remember it well! Commiserations x

• posted by Lucia
    on

So are we bubbling?
    I am doing mine tonight, in the dusk, so the sunset catches the bubbles and makes them magical.
    You can hide yourselves away, just open the kitchen door, or garage or shed doors, and blow.

Have fun!

Are you with us Bill 1954?
    You making a loop, but be careful of the sharp ends.

Just enjoyed chicken and salad.

What are you having for lunch?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh yes I’ll be bubbling
    Sitting in the jacuzzi bath ๐Ÿ˜€
    Lunch was chicken stew and very nice it was
    I don’t normally want rain at weekends but we have a new garden fence that needs painting, the whole 75 feet of it, so while you are blowing bubbles, I’ll be slapping it on
    Have a great weekend L

• posted by Kags
    on

My weekend will be prepping food for going back to work on Monday after two weeks off. Started today with cauliflower bread and cottage pie with cauli mash (price of caulis is horrendous at the mo!). Spag sauce and chilli to do and portion up tomorrow. Then hairdo, mani/pedi and massage to prep the mind and bod for the coming 12 week stretch until the summer hols.

7.5 kg down so far. 2 and a half weeks to go and I’ll be moving to the other side ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill sunday is going to be good, you can feel the sun on your back when you’re painting ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Kingdoone
    on

Wishing you the best of luck .
    You have started ,well done .
    I started Wednesday

• posted by Kingdoone
    on

Sounds brilliant. Well done.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi janet1973
    Just catching up after all the visitors have gone,
    We went for a muddy ramble through the woods this morning before lunch, got back and prepared lunch, then later did my ketostix test and it was a pretty pale pink! anyway as long as I keep under 50g carbs and eat plenty of protein and some fat, (olive oil and butter) and keep losing weight, I am only losing Oz however I am losing so not disheartened! Just have to keep on keeping on and trying to be positive. Thanks anyway Janet
    Christine

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Christine
    It is an insight into our bodies we rarely have isn’t it? Your muddy ramble sounds lovely. I am well acquainted with the pale pretty pink colour. I nearly fell off the loo the day I got a dark rouge colour but I’ve only had that once.

I’ve had a disappointing week. Started off great with my birthday and appointment with the swoonsome batman and superman both together. But I went for yet another dreadful job interview where the questions were downright illegal. I must get over myself though – I hate it when I don’t get my own way! My weight loss has been extremely slow this last fortnight and my sleeping patterns are drifting back into bad habits so I think it calls for drastic measures and I’m going to have to stop having my morning costa. It costa’s me 15 grams of carbs a day so it would be worth the trauma of giving it up for a while – but it is my toughest challenge yet.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia
    Mmmmm those little mushroom and bacon ‘buns’ sound yummy I’m going to have to make some, I might even make some for my lunch on the plane to Tenerife on Sunday, I was wondering how I was going to eat on the way to my hols, so thank you very much, one problem solved
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi janet1973
    I’m sorry you had a terribly interview, are you out of a job or just looking to change your job? We have a daughter living with us at the moment trying to find work, it is soul destroying sometimes seeing her.
    Happy belated birthday, when was it? mines on the 12th I will be in Tenerife.
    You probably haven’t been sleeping because of the upcoming job interview? I don’t know what to suggest as I have few problems sleeping, perhaps a warm bath and no coffee after your evening meal.
    Anyway whatever you do, do take care of yourself, job hunting is very stressful
    Christine

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Thanks for your concern Christine. It was my birthday on Monday and it is my brother’s on the same day as yours so happy birthday in advance to you. I am self employed at the moment, as a dog groomer which I love, but I have quite a lot of spare time which I would like to use both to earn extra cash and try to gain new skills. So I have been looking for work in elderly care as its something that really interests me. Trouble is, employers see that I am over qualified and self employed and think I’m not what they are looking for. Yes, its frustrating.

I think the coffee is the biggest culprit in my lack of sleep. I read that its hard to process caffeine if you have an underactive thyroid and this does seem to be true for me. I only have one per day but its strong stuff. I love it but it doesn’t love me.

You must be really excited about your holiday – how long are you away? Is it just you and hubby? Will you be able to keep in touch with us or will you have to have a break from t’internet? I think now it would be like chopping my hands off!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi janet1973
    I would love a little dog, we have had two springer spaniels, I loved having them however didn’t cope when they died, I was a mess before our last one died, even before he died, you can imagine how it effected me after?
    Ah now Angela has had the same problem too qualifed for the jobs she has gone for, her sister told her to miss out all the qualifications that weren’t relevant to the job she was going for, the last one she went for they did it on points, there were three posts and she came fourth, so of course missed out, they did offer her night shifts, which wouldn’t have worked for her situation. ( she went for something in mental health) an area she is very familiar with in her previous jobs.
    We are going for a week, just for a rest, we have a busy life with family, so looking forward to a bit of time just the two of us.we will be doing a good bit of walking, always allowing for my bad leg and back, that’s why i have trouble with exercise, I can only do so much before my leg and back start playing up, we like to get the bus from playa fanabe to los Christiano and walk back on the promanade, we have to stop,every so often for me to recover then we set off again. We have breaks for morning coffee, lunch then usually an ice cream on the last leg before we collapse back at the apartments!
    Try having de cafe coffee, it might work for you without, depriving you of your coffee?
    Anyway I will keep in touch from hols when I can cheers for now
    Christine

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Angela, she’ll get the job she wants. Its a numbers game isn’t it.

I know just what you mean with the dogs. I have a mini long haired daxy called Milo and both my husband and I adore him. He’s nine now and just starting to show signs of middle age.
    Your walks sound like my kind of walks, I’m sure you’ll have a lovely week.
    There’s no way round it for me unfortunately, I’m going to have to go cold turkey on the coffee (actually if I could get it down to a couple a week that would be enough!) so maybe I will be coffee free by the time you are back…or maybe not?

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Bill, what’s the weather forcast for today? Is it going to rain and you can play or will you be painting the fence?

You could keep the painting in an amusing keep fit game. There was a movie called karate kid.
    His mentor made him do simple, but repetitive arm movements to strengthen him,
    Wax on wax off, Left circle right circle, up down.

Google the movie, I could be your mr Meagi.

Feeling like, seafood today, off to find something that needs a mortgage to buy.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia,

It’s raining it’s pouring
    Bill should be snoring,
    He should ditch the paint and toss the brush
    And do it in the morning

Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Janet my fingers are crossed for you and angela ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Thanks Judith x

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith
    Just seen your post to Janet, thank you, Angela has re-trained as a horticulturist, however it won’t keep her and a mortgage, so she is having to fall back on her original profession, although she worked at getting people with difficult issues into work, she was brilliant at her job, however it had a devastating effect on her health, both physical and mental! So thank you for the thought
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Pork chop egg and veg. Mmmmmmmmmm
    Just an apple for beakfAst.
    Great I don’t have to overstuff myself.

How you doing Bill?
    Hashimoto love the song. When you were little did you play with two balls against the wall. Understand and overs and bouncys. We could do it to that

Love luciaxxxx

• posted by Janet1973
    on

We called it toosies in Teesside

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Omg Janet, so did we! Do you still live on teesside? ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Ha ha, no, I have lived in Rotherham for nearly 20 years now. My family are all still there and I have a holiday business in Saltburn so I visit quite regularly.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Ah, I live in Teesside, perhaps we should meet up sometime when you visit Saltburn! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia we called it twosie balls – or however such a daft word is spelt!!!

Yeah, Lucia we could defo play it!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Janet 1973,

Happy belated birthday. In relation to you wanting to work in elderly care, the fact that you are getting to the interview stage means you are doing something right. I retired last year from my job as a hospital matron after nearly 38 years in the NHS and have interviewed hundreds of people over the years, many of whom seemed over qualified for jobs such as healthcare assistants.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in your supporting statement asking them to see past your qualifications and to look at what is in your heart. Sometimes in life we get to a stage when a vocational role is more important because you have so much to give and so many transferable skills to offer. Your business as a dog groomer means you have customer care and communication skills, problem solving, time management, and maybe conflict resolution skills as not all customers and clients can be happy all of the time. Your skills with dogs mean you have to look for non verbal signs of distress, exactly the same as with elderly patients or clients. You need to ensure respect, dignity and compassion in your role. You obviously can work alone or as part of a team and can take instruction as well as delegate. And you would never take on any task without the appropriate training, these are all things we would look for.

Many areas now use value based questions so you need to think of real examples of situations where you have perhaps gone that extra mile for someone (a dog or client or friend), when you have demonstrated care or compassion, when you have had to challenge poor performance or attitude, it’s about what YOU did, not what you might do or what we may do.

I wish you the best of luck and I am happy to offer any help or suggestions, take care.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Catgirl I wish I could press a like button for that message to Janet!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I know my son has had to offer real examples of going the extra mile etc when being interviewed for pharmacy jobs.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Christine I really feel for your poor daughter, it’s so hard when you are conscientious and caring and the job takes it out of you in every possible way. I hope something good turns up for her soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia,
    I made the mushroom bacon and egg thingies and they are ready for my journey in the morning thanks a lot for the idea cheers
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith
    She is desperately in need of a full time job so that she can move on with her life, I feel a lot of her problems stems from being alone for so long and having a flat she couldn’t get rid of until she got her lease extended, which Sheffield council made extremely difficult stuffing up on more than one occasion! What made it worse she wouldn’t let us help her, it took her ten years to sort it, that’s why she is with us for the moment!
    She has gone back with Melanie to Bristol for a couple of days, so hopefully she will be better motivated when she returns.
    Thanks for your concern, it really helps me, as I am finding it difficult at times! Looking forward to my hols, we set off in the morning.
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Christine I am wishing you a peaceful and relaxing holiday.
    It’s very painful to watch helplessly while our children suffer. Hopefully the girls will have a fun time together and Angela will return home fully refreshed and ready for battle ๐Ÿ™‚
    Judith

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi, I think I am ready to share a little more.

I am happily married to a crazy guy that loves me, warts and all. We have been together since the early nineties. He hasn’t realised he is married to one crazy big bird.

I am altering his diet too, but he hasn’t noticed yet, he’s been on it a month too.

I have been buying low glutton bread from water fields, it doesn’t upset the budget and he hasn’t passed comment or complained.

I love swooning over movie stars or to stars, but the nicest part of the day is cuddling up to my hubby at bedtime. He is my teddy bear. I am blessed and appreciate how delicate relationships can be.

Gibbs, legolas, etc do not come a close second to him.

Diet?
    I am going through an egg faze, am enjoying various ways to cook them.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Do you think bill is still out painting the fence, hope he has a torch.
    ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ๐Ÿ–Œ
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Ah that’s lovely nice to hear about someone who is happy with their man cheers
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Night all, I’m off to bed, the football is on!!!!!!
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto.
    I can only find one tennis ball, otherwise I would have had a go at twossies.

I am suggesting things from my childhood for a couple of reasons
    A. To feel young again
    B. Going outside the normal routine
    C. Using different muscles.
    D. Finding the energy and will power to actually do something not easily done

I would suggest a hoopla hoop but scared I may put my back out.๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Christi 1948,
    I am coming into the website because the football is on
    โšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธ
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Wow catgirl, you’ve just written my next application form! Are you sure you weren’t also a dog groomer, you describe it so well! Thank you for taking the time to write all that, its so very eloquent. I will make good use of your advice.

Christine, safe journey and have a great holiday.

Judith, it would be great to meet up, I often wish we could see the real people behind the messages. Looks like I might be in saltburn tomorrow as there is a problem with the boiler. But seriously, I’m up again from the 18th – 21st. Do you think we could?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Janet it would be lovely to meet. Pick a time between the 18th -21st and we can sort something. I live in the middlesbrough area so it is absolutely doable ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia if you suggest hoola hoop I would definitely put my back out! How about skips? Oh no, I can’t do that either! We could ‘watch with mother’ – that’s no good we’d be sitting still. Errrrrrr
    Can you play What time is it mr wolf on your own?

Did you watch tbst program about staying younger? I used to do that sitting from standing position with legs crossed with my class sometimes after wet playtimes just to use energy and refocus. HELPPpppppp I can’t do it anymore without putting a hand down. I can’t get back up without using two hands. I never knew I was helping children to stay young!!!!!!

Xxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia so lovely to hear of someone in a loving relationship xxx

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Judith, how about the Monday evening? I’ll have my little dog with me and I’m staying in my flat in saltburn. I can either come to you or you can come to me. I think you have my email address already?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi janet. I’ll email you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith and Janet, would love to meet you both but don’t want to gatecrash.

How about another time? I live near Durham but depend on public transport.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Captainlynne, the more the merrier for me, lets see what we can sort out via email.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Captainlynne I really want to meet you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

So,
    I went to the Chinese takeaway, my local, I got my usual. Special fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, large bag of chips.
    After I ate all that, (that’s three dinner plates full) I ate a family bag of twirls and chocolate buttons, a tube of Pringles and a pint glass of Pepsi, and still felt hungry. I went into the kitchen for something else to eat……there was a noise……. SOMETHING WOKE ME UP.
    It was a NIGHTMARE
    OMG, I could feel my heart clogging up and my carbs going into overdrive.
    I went into the kitchen, wake this time and kissed an apple.
    Phew!!!!
    Don’t do that again to me, I can’t cope?!!!?!!
    My heart was racing.
    I CANNOT go back the way I was.

I embrace my next month on bs800.

I need a lie down now after that. I was so upset afterwards.

What an eye opener.

I think my mood, my health and my will power was up and down last week, and it worried me. As it played on my mind, I dreamed about it.

Love Lucia

Xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.