My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Well, Abbey does not sound as if she would do it for me but I do like the sound of NCIS. If I ever see it on I shall try and watch!!!

I think my life was spent marking books and preparing lessons!! I don’t seem to have seen many films or TV programmes….but Gardeners World does it for me and any of David Attenborough’s programmes!
    Is NCIS anything like Silent Witness – or Witless Silence as my son mockingly calls it?

Sorry, Christine and Lucia and Rosy, I will catch up with the world one day!!!

Julia, you clever thing – they haven’t even asked for potatoes or pasta!!

• posted by lauren
    on

How about slices of cold frittata? You can add whatever veg and cheese you like (great with either feta or goats cheese if you like these) and it’s nice and filling. It’s essentially quiche without the pastry, so I’m sure other will go for it too πŸ™‚

I think I’d struggle to resist your ‘Aunty Edna’ tea – sounds like an amazing selection!

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear christi1954,

Many happy returns for next week and hope you have a fab time in Tenerife and also with your family before then.

I am sitting here with a us my like Winnie the poof after a rather large pot of honey!

Been to Blackfriars restaurant in Newcastle which dates back to1239 and was an old monastery. The food was sublime and we were goodish, I had ham hock and piccalilli terrine with mustard cream followed by salmon, beetroot and veg, asked for no potatoes and had Spring greens instead, followed by the cheeseboard, had a couple of crackers and the crust off one tiny slice of olive bread. We did share a bottle of red wine – paid homage to the Mediterranean diet theme!

Feeling so full at the moment and no way is this truffle pig going anywhere near the cupboards so something us working!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    Just got a Fitbit award, one of those daft emails trying to compliment me.
    It wa for the underground?
    Eh?
    Apparently I have walked 250 miles. In a month.
    πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡
    Have forgotten my cold, as I feel smug now.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cat girl, never heard of Winnie the poof.
    New character on me.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,

Percy thrower, mr smith. Geoff Hamilton, were the best.
    Not Alan titchmarsh, too celebrity – is for me.

Who is your favourite?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith
    I like monty don, have you seen beechgrove garden? I think it’s on Sunday mornings, I tape it. It’s quite good
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi catgirl,
    Pleased you had a good night out, you deserved that bottle of red wine, I bet it was a lovely meal and night out,
    I will have to tell my friend here, she is originally from Newcastle, however she no doubt knows all about the restaurant that you went to, sounds as if it’s well known?
    Will be looking forward to my holiday, we aren’t neven hiring a car this time just going for the rest! With five kids and 11+2 grandchildren they keep us very busy, even though they live in Bristol, Sheffield and Dumfries, and two live here where we live.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

The late and much lamented Geoff Hamilton for me!!!! Then the wonderful Monty Don. Carol klein is another favourite and for sheer exuberance Christine walkden!

I have seen a few of the beechgrove garden episodes.

Does anyone remember clay jones, bob flowerdew and peter seabrook?

I do like the water colour plans alan titchmarch does and he is pretty good on classic fm!

LUCIA!!! 250 miles! Big hugs and congratulations. One month ago you would never have believed it possible!

Christine that food sounds delicious! πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith, I find Silent Witness a little dark now😱. NCIS is Naval Criminal Investigative Service (or something like that. Naval cops. Abbey, the Goth forensic scientist runs on CafPow – a caffeine laden soft drink she drinks by the bucketful. Gibbs is the team leader, a former marine sniper. Two men on the team, Tony and McGee. The female team member changes, depending on which series you are watching.

You may remember David McCallum (from The Man from U.N.C.L.E). He is in NCIS as Dr Mallard (Ducky), the forensic pathologist.

Hope you enjoy itπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith
    I like christine walkden too, she originally comes from rishton in Lancashire, I was born in Blackburn and brought up in Accrington near rishton, whenever I hear her it’s as if I’m back home. We don’t get up there anymore, none of our family lives there anymore and those that did are no longer with us. I have lived here in the West Midlands 38 years and I still get asked where I come from!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lauren
    Thank you for the idea, I could do that ahead of time and put it in the fridge and get it out a tea time. Thanks will have a go.
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi christine I have lived in north wales, rowley regis and harbourne but in my hometown in the north east I sometimes get asked where I am from!

I’ll think of you next time I watch christine walkden!

• posted by Lucia
    on

So far so good.
    The only thing I have deviated with, is, a small, fizzy pop.
    I don’t drink tea or coffee, only hot water and once a week a small Pepsi. I haven’t had one since starting the thingy.
    I couldn’t quench my thirst, mouth a bit dry, …. Cold on the way?

May have an early night.

Sleep tight and don’t let those bed bugs bite.

Love Luciaxxxx

• posted by Catgirl
    on

I just hate predictive text or whatever they call it on iPads, I meant to say I have a belly like Winnie the poo!

On the back of all the gardening stories I too love Christine who I think is sometimes on the one show, not sure if anyone watched the amateur gardener show to win a show plot at the Chelsea flower show but the winner Sean Murray is someone I worked with for years, he is fab and his wife is a florist, she did my wedding flowers 15 years ago today and also my sons wedding 2 years ago. She is called Eileen from emerald forest designs in Northumberland, if you want quirky, they are it!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Wow catgirl I had no idea so many would be fans of CW. She is a breath of fresh air.

Yes, i watched the show sean murray won. He was brilliant and we were rooting for him!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Night night Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Good morning team ,
    How are you all doing?
    Feeling much better, raring to go.
    Teeming with rain again today after yesterday’s hail stones.

Now where are we on the bs thingy?

I am in the mast half of it.
    Yesterday my pop socks or knee high tights or pantyhose did not cut the circulation off at the back of my knee.
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Good morning lucia

Glad you are raring to go!

Is rain better than hail?

good news that your pop socks aren’t cutting your circulation, soon they won’t stay up at all!

Have a good day!!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lynne I. Used to love silent witness but it is just too scary for me now, hiding behind a cushion and turning the volume off when it looks like something bad will happen stopped working for me.

I will try Ncis soon! I. Do remember david mccallum!

Hows it going with the girls? πŸ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I remember David mccallum, I was about five or six. I remember him in sapphire and steel with Joanna Lumley. I was in love with dm and wanted to be jl but the show itself gave me nightmares!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith, glad it’s not just me with Silent Witness!

The girls are eating some good stuff, some bad stuff. Working on getting the balance more to the good sideπŸ˜ƒ. Realised that C was not eating much main course so she had room for dessert! She now knows better LOL. They’re both very slim and burn lots of energy. At the moment! πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lynne – they’re eating some good stuff! Result!!! I recognise my childhood self in C!!! Lets hope they stay slim as they move towards better food! πŸ™‚

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith
    The Aunty Edna special is very heavy on carbs! So I won’t be partaking unfortunately, got myself a piece of swordfish from the fish man that calls this morning so I won’t starve.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi catgirl,
    I watched that programme, I love any gardening show, and now Angela is with us (she has been training to be a horticulturist!) we are even more engrossed in the garden profs.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    Just showing my face for a few minutes on lunch, how are you all doing?

Feeling my age as Janet 1983 remembers David McCallum in sapphire and Steel.

I remember him in the days of black and white programmes, called the man from uncle. Preferred him tha that Robert Vaughan. Robert or Napoleon solo got the girls, Ilya always got the messy jobs and he was the brains. His haircut looked like a bowl on his head, but it really shined. Must have used lemon juice.
    Anyone else feeling old?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Have you seen the pickles cartoon today about being an early riser?

Made me smile.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Ilya was always the dishy one for me, I remember getting a lady Penelope annual for Christmas and it had full page photos of Ilya and Napolean solo in it! How sad that I remember after all these years – just feels like yesterday.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    got the Ketostix at last and just tested 2.5 hours after meal (27g carbs, home made veg soup). Came out 0.4 ++ mid pink (two colours above it). I assume that does mean I am doing some fat burning? I think you said you do one last thing at night as that is the best reading – am I remembering it correctly?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi orchid that’s good fat burning! I test first thing in the morning. You could try a few times of day to see what happens πŸ™‚

• posted by orchid
    on

Thanks Hashimoto. I will do.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith
    I have been testing with the ketostix and they are neutral or the next one up? Don’t know why or what to do, any suggestions? I am well jealous of orchid!
    Christine

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I’m addicted to keto testing, its my new craze. I test any time of day, sometimes three or four times. Its great to see what even a small amount exercise does to the colour! There’s about a four hour delay from activity to change in fat burning.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I got a pale salmon pink the morning after a glass of wine πŸ™
    Check your carb intake.
    Other than exercise and carbs I can’t think of anything, sorry

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Lucia, I remember Illya Kuryakin – he was my favourite and the Man from Uncle a must watch! Don’t remember him in other series, except in Colditz.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Christine, also keep your fats up as well as what Judith said. For exercise, just walking is enough to revv up the colour.

• posted by Lucia
    on

So the sun is shining, I will break out soon.
    What’s the weather been like where you are?

Couldn’t get excited over lunch so I just had an apple.

Bacon egg and tomatoes for evening meal.

Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Lucia – absolutely chucking it down in Edinburgh. Really doesn’t help the mood, but to borrow a well used phrase on these forums, onwards and upwards☺

About to improve things by escaping from Colditz with my husband for some food. Stress at home with exams and a haircut the daughter didn’t like and now cannot change!

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Bacon egg and tomatoes please tell me this is legal ?????
    Is bacon allowed ?
    I start next week so this is interesting ,lots ,how many calories in that lot ??
    Thanks Alan

• posted by captainlynne
    on

So many of us remember David McCallum as Ilya KuryakinπŸ˜ƒ

In NCIS Gibbs was asked what Ducky (David McCallum) looked like when he was younger, and the answer was ‘Ilya Kuryakin’. πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Julia – keeps chucking it down here, near Durham. Rain, hail and sun😱

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh yes alan! I often have it. medium egg = 66 calories, large egg 78 calories, hardly any carbs, 2 slices of bacon 127 calories and 0 carbs!! A lovely meal with grilled tomatoes or fried mushrooms!!! plus oil if you fry your egg. A medium tomato is 22 calories and 4.82g carbs. 2 oz Mushrooms is 12 calories and 0.93 g carbs.

Depends how you mix it – 2 medium eggs (poached) = 132 cals, 2 slices of bacon = 127 and a medium tomato is 22 cals. Giving you a total of 281 calories for the meal for about 5.5g carbs. If you fry your eggs add 40 cals no carbs for the oil!

See, this diet isn’t too bad at all! πŸ™‚
    Hope you enjoy it when you have it!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Julia and Lynne – sun?? what is that?? I thought there was a ‘quiet’ spell to go and collect my script and pick up some things from Sainsburys. The Hail! The thunder and lightning! I got my ticket out the machine and it was a sodden limp thing by the time I shoved it in my purse. I didn’t think the shop would accept it. I was like a drowned rat and my coat and scarf are still wet! πŸ™

• posted by Kags
    on

Summer’s come early here. Was 33Β°C today – sounds hot, but it was really nice. Shame it’s going to be ONLY 18Β°C on Sunday πŸ™

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I’d give my eye teeth for 18C. πŸ™

• posted by Janet1973
    on

They made a new version of the man from u.n.c.l.e last year for the big screen with Henry Cavill (divine – totally unreal jawline) who is also in batman vs superman. Both great films. Going to the pictures is one of my non-food rewards.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi julia18togo
    Tell your daughter that hair grows, it will soon change and she can try another style, good luck
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Janet 1973
    Henry truly is a dish, loved him in the Tudors. Swoon, swoon, swoon. 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😘😘

Hi Alan hypno
    I quite often have grilled bacon, I dry fry my egg, I grill tomatoes and mushrooms. I keep my ‘fat’ calories for when I have a full small tub of full fat yoghurt and an apple.
    Yes, a full small pot of yoghurt, not a dollop of it. Read previous posts on my misunderstanding of the portion of yoghurt allowed.
    Fish or chicken, roasted I the oven with cauliflower cheese is another nice meal.

Now say, what diet.
    And yes, I have lost weight and inches too.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    7 degrees here.
    My nose is cold.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Tomorrow, do you want to come out and play?

Get a bit of wire like a few paper clips, straighten out and make a loop.
    The get a bit of diluted fairy liquid, lets go make tones of bubbles?

Let’s do it tomorrow and Saturday.do it outside Nd away from pets, if they eat the bubbles they will froth at the month and not look nice.

Let’s all be young again.
    Only for an hour, lets laugh and undo our laces, lets be free.
    Come on, then
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ™πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    Don’t tell me you are too busy, too old, too unable to make a loop, too tired to water the washing up liquid. Too, too, too. Too. You sound like a steam train.
    How about giving me a , why not.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.