My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Janet 1973
    Got some ketostix today at morrisons, thanks for the heads up x

Hi hashimoto
    Read the above, what colour am I looking at to see if I’m fat burning? Cheers

Hi Lucia
    See above, I just have to figure out how to ‘read’ them now, oohs and I love NCIS and especially Gibbs, he has something about him doesn’t he?

Hi catgirl
    See above, thanks

Last night my carbs were well down so I thought I would experiment, I had the tiniest sliver of chocolate cake that I had made for the visitors over the weekend, this morning I had put a pound on why I have no idea, was it the chocolate cake that raised my carbs by enough to make me put a pound on?
    So today I decided to not have breakfast! I could not have done that before this diet! So effectively I fasted from 9pm last night until 1pm today, I had omelette with cheese for lunch, then lamb meatball for this evenings meal with a tiny bit of broccoli, green beans and Spring greens, I will have a coffee later then see how my weight is in the morning.
    On a lighter note my daughter called in today after a day out with her three girls, she took one look at me and laughed, I was a bit taken aback until she said, and I quote, oh mum you have to dump those trousers and that jumper, they are way too big on you now, they are hanging on you. Well you can imagine how I reacted, I laughed back and said I would give them to charity as soon as I had washed them!
    I might even try a few more trousers on in the morning now.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh christine, how wonderful! I bet it’s the first time it was good to have your clothes laughed at!

Ketostix – at the least rosy pink! Hoping for deep pink. Ecstatic at purple!!!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi hashimoto
    Thanks will try later looking for purple then!

• posted by Lucia
    on

I think we should have a minutes silence for Fred.
    Or even better let’s offer up a reduction in our carbs in his memory.

Gone but not forgotten.

Gone to the great pustule in the sky.

My own little carbuncle.

Love Lucia
    XxxπŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

• posted by hashimoto
    on

OMG lucia, that made me laugh, you are unique!!!! πŸ™‚ xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Early morning call for Bill 1954.
    You up yet?
    I am in work and just checking in.

Thinking I am going to wobble this week, I have cravings for the wrong stuff.

See how we go, one meal at a time though.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Lucia I am just heading 5 minutes down the road to work too. Hang in there girl, one meal at a time. You have been so supportive to all and we are with you every step of the way. Horrible day ahead as I have had a few days off so backlog to catch up with as well as meetings. I have my breakfast and lunch with me and will do my best to avoid that sweet brown Ch… stuff at the shop. Just walk right past now!

Have a good day!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Lucia, I’m here, and in a foul mood due to a very dodgy sugar reading that came out of the blue this morning, but I’ll sort it out.
    Have a great day and say goodnight to Fred from me in your prayers πŸ˜‰

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lucia, you can do it girl!!! I know you can!!! You know you can!!! Just kick those nasty little cravings into the great blue yonder.
    If you feel so hungry you will give in find something nice to nibble – a few almonds? An apple? πŸ™‚
    Starting work so early is miserable, it probably makes you crave something nasty .

Bill sorry about your dodgy reading – but you know it WILL come good! πŸ™‚

Hi Julia, you are starting work early too? Ignore the brown crap girls. You know it doesn’t like you!

All three of you have a good day πŸ™‚

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi hashimoto
    Did my first ketostix test last night it was pale pink, so what can I do to make it a deeper pink? I have dumped my last pair of black trousers in the wash, they will be recycled when they are clean ditto my lovely jumper, I only bought that jumper a couple of months ago too! Well before I started this diet anyway. As I am pear shaped still can’t get into some of my summer trousers, not much black or navy in those, will keep on keeping on and by the summer I will be in them, a couple of them I have never worn, naughty!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Mmmm, well, I would check what you have been eating for the last couple of days. Enough fat? No little bits of anything sweet creeping in? Pale pink does mean you are fat burning, checking should help you adjust your diet a bit. Did you check first thing or later in the day? I find first thing I get a deeper pink result.
    At least you know some fat is being burned πŸ™‚

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Christi1948,

I tried the ketosticks twice and never got past the 1st base readying, so much so I thought I mustn’t have got enough on the stick and ended up peeing on my hand! Sorry if too much info! We went out for a meal yesterday for my parents anniversary and had 10oz gammon steak with salad instead of chips, got home and found out the calories for the gammon were 420! Shock horror but ketostick this morning was the next colour up, how come? Maybe we haven’t been getting enough fat in our diet but chuffed with today’s result and another pound down.

We are out tonight for our wedding anniversary so need to carefully consider food choices and see what happens. Good luck and don’t get disheartened.

Same goes for you Lucia, I had a similar week last week and couldn’t understand why but woke up this morning and the black depressing fog I was carrying around a bit like the cloud above the car in the whacky races had lifted. Think back to where you were a month ago and where you are now, you sound like a different person that so many people rely on, so if you need to lean on all of us on the forum we are all here to support you and one another.

As the song says ‘ sisters are doing it for themselves’ (and brothers).

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Catgirl, that made me chuckle – sorry – sorry.

I think fat might be the answer! x

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Catgirl πŸ˜€
    Not being one to give up on things and remembering that I was showing ketosis the last time I had a dodgy sugar reading, I decided todo a test this morning.
    A bit overkill but I used 3 strips to try to get some sort of result and they are definitely dodgy. one of them had the coloured part peel off as soon as it was wet but the other 2 showed a colour change but just in a thin strip in the centre. I may have ketosis going on, not too sure.
    I’m going to have to try and see if the local chemists have them, I’m not buying them online again.

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Hi Bill1954,

I got mine at our local Asda pharmacy and they are the same as we use in hospitals so they are trustworthy. Good luck.πŸ€

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oo
    there’s an Asda just over the road πŸ™‚
    Guess where I’m going at lunchtime (Avoiding the golden arches in there of course)
    Thanks Catgirl.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi catgirl,
    So funny, not gross at all, we all have to do what we have to do,
    Happy anniversary, how many years?
    I’m still getting my head round more fat, more protein, hence me checking everything before I eat, for instance today I have had Fargo yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, not sure about lunch, but tonight’s meal will be chicken with something or other not decided yet, need to check carbs on things first.

Lucia,
    You have all my sympathy and prayers, depression has dogged me most of my life, nervous breakdown, clinical, reactionary, you name it I’ve had it, I used to shy away from telling anyone, now I don’t, it’s an illness, and people need to know so they can compensate for your needs. Even mild depression because of the weather, or whatever, I tell people so they know not to take anything I say as personal while I’m in the ‘fog’
    I hope you are feeling better soon, all my prayers for you today.
    Christine

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Hi Christi1948,

It is 15 years today, second time round for both of us after a horrible divorce and awful memories but so much better this time.

I am the same as you with fats etc, just seems so much harder to find full fat anything now! Must say it does taste so much better. We had the green tea and blueberry shake for breakfast and I’ve checked the online menu for the restaurant we are going to tonight and there is a lot of suitable choice so can’t wait, even better that we got a Β£50 gift voucher for christmas for the restaurant!

You describe the ‘fog’ so well, hubby has been there for many years after the worst work related stress breakdown, happily last couple of years have been good but it is always lurking somewhere.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Bill 1954
    Three ketostix, you bragging or complaining ?????

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I think I may be coming down with a cold.
    I feel mardy. Cranky. Fed up. Want to be at home with a duvet day.
    But still tied to my desk until late.

Sorry gang. Will take my bat, my ball and my skipping rope home.
    πŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€’
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Complaining dear coz the bloody first batch were dodgy
    BUT
    Just been to Asda and got some more.
    I just need to talk myself into a pee now πŸ˜€
    Lucia, please take a look at the petition post. There’s a link in there to the BBC where you can email them to tell them all about your diabetes and how you deal with it.

• posted by Lucia
    on

I am feeling badly done to…..

So the only way I would get a pink reading on a ketostix is by eating tonnes of beetroot !!!!!
    😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

My god Bill, if I started telling the BBc what was wrong with me today, I would never get home.

Maybe I will do it in the weekend.

Do you know upstairs there are three vending machines just with fizzy pop, crisps and chocolate in them and at a reduced price.

Haven’t got there yet………

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

How come the Internet is working perfectly , now that I am not in the mood to chat?

Life the universe and all that.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

All I can say is

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Lucia
    those stairs are far too steep and dangerous for you.
    Avoid them at all costs. we don’t want to see you involved in any accidents.
    Tools of the devil are vending machines.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Mmmmmmmmm
    Galaxy chocolate…….

Oh !

Love luciaXxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Bill 1954,
    Can’t you get a refund?
    Complain. Take action – man!!!!

Take no prisoners, when it comes to the pee-stix.

I though you were showing off using three at once.
    😐
    It must be my cold, I am a rambling……

I will count how many minutes it is until I get on the bus.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I like stairs,,
    Stairs are good.

Do you know there is 1001 steps to my bus stop?
    I will give you all too much information.

Love Lucia.
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Bill 1954.

I talk to my bladder too.

And I have a real pretty spleen.

My pancreas is a little whimsical though. It reminds me of sweet corn. Well google it on the Internet. Tell me what you see, bet it’s sweet corn.

I have a cold you know, I am allowed to ramble.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and

Yoghurt and apple
    Chicken and veg heated up.
    Unsure of my main meal later.

I am eating less, but I feel that as I am getting a cold, I could fall off the wagon. I am not starving, just craving.
    Weird.
    Weird can be my middle name.

Love
    Lucia weird.

Xxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

LMAO Lucia weird
    I don’t know what I expected to see but I nearly fell off the chair when I saw the image.
    Keep in touch with your pancreas, it needs loads of TLC
    Now, get to bed and rest πŸ˜‰

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    I have been doing this a month omg. No one told me.
    One more month then I go into the crazy realm of , done it, got the t shirt.
    One month has flown.
    I dare not look back on my blogs, do I really ramble so much?

Anyway, will chat more tonight.

Best piece of advice for you today from me, keep your vest tucked in at all times.
    Second best – don’t kiss anyone on a Wednesday who has a bad cold. Unless they are Gibbs.

Mmmmmm Gibbs,.”…………….

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Can’t go to bed, I am in work with 80 other weird people. I for my sins, have to work until I am at less 400 years old.
    Then I can go part time. 🀐🀐🀐🀐🀐🀐
    At home around 9tonight, maybe then.

Keep going, keep rambling, keep muttering..

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Sod Gibbs
    I WANT ABBEY

• posted by captainlynne
    on

LOL Bill

There’s a queue forming on here for Gibbs πŸ˜ƒ Looks like you’re at the head of the line for Abbey!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi catgirl
    My daughter is in her second marriage, she is now blissfully happy and the kids have settled in with their step sisters, our youngest lives near us now with her three girls having had a very rough time with her partner, all but the middle child, who’s 7, have settled, Renee was old enough to understand, Dana was too young to remember anything, so only Thea has had issues, she is getting counselling at school. The new son-in-law is the salt to the first husbands cheese, he is a breath of fresh air.
    Anyway enough rambling have a great night and have one on me (a drink) that is!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Not that I’m into Gothic erotica or anything like that Lynne
    I want her computer skills πŸ™‚

• posted by Catgirl
    on

Dear Christi1948,

So pleased to hear that your daughter is now happily remarried and hope that Thea can find peace within herself.

Not sure about the drink as we haven’t touched a drop since we started the BSD, it scares me as before even after 1/2 glass of wine I was like a truffle pig snorting around the cupboards for anything and everything to eat, it seems to get my hungry button stuck on empty and I just eat for England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Europe and the whole universe! Let’s just see how things go and will report back in the ,owning hopefully feeling suitably smug, if not will confess all and try to move on!

• posted by orchid
    on

and the mice still rule the world πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Catgirl I hope you really enjoy your meal and Happy anniversary!!!

Lucia, get hubby to have that hot water bottle and duvet ready for you when you get in, along with a steaming cup of herbal tea?

Who on earth are Abbey and Gibbs??? I’ve never heard of either of them so I am not in any queue!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto, where oh where have you been?
    Your life is not complete without watching one episode of NCIS on satellite tv.
    He is a mature, quiet, cool, could handle any crisis type of guy.
    The type that would take diabetes, smack in around the head and get it working for a living, instead of picking on the innocent.

You must google him. You just MUST.

Abbey, is a fantastic character, she is a young, brainy well, genius, who has issues, she likes to sleep in a coffin, has tattoos everywhere.
    To scare people on Halloween she dressed up as…. Marilyn MonroeπŸ™Ž

You must watch NCIS.
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Christi1948
    on

I have got another busy few days coming up, third daughter coming for a couple of days with her two children, so we are having a belated birthday party door Darcy who was13 at the end of March and an early one for me as its mine next Tuesday when I am in Tenerife, so it’s more cake! and the three girls who live near us have requested trifle, so that’s on its way. I will not be having any of either. They have also requested an ‘Aunty Edna’ tea, it’s been a tradition in our wider family for yonks, my husbands Aunty was a farmers wife and whenever we went she would put on this amazing spread all home made, salmon pate, sausage rolls, you get the idea? All home made cakes and puddings and we would all have a real feast.
    So what do I have, I can’t eat any of the pastry covered stuff, or the puds and cakes, and I can’t very well cook a steak just for myself, I am in a quandary? I will have some salad but what else?
    On an altogether different topic I wore my first pair of size 18 trousers today, and I got my daughters approval after being told yesterday to dump the clothes I was wearing!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi hashimoto
    Oh dear and I thought we had lots in common, you mean to say you haven’t seen NCIS? Gibbs is yummy,m not a youngster.,but oh so good to look at!
    Lucia is right on all counts you must watch an episode of NCIS. Let us know what you think once you’ve seen him.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Christi1948 how about smoked salmon and cream cheese rolls for you instead of sausage rolls? (Roll strips of smoked salmon around a blob of cream cheese). My solution to these type of meals is to have loads of cherry tomatoes and cubes of cucumber and avocado on sticks mini kebab style. Then nobody even notices there’s ‘diet’ food on the table.

Lucia – hope you are now relaxing and feeling a little bit better.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

On another note – have managed to get the whole family happily eating low carb now. They haven’t even asked me for potatoes or pasta. Small victories…

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

I’m with Lucia, re NCIS. Never really got into the Los Angeles and the New Orleans spin-offs, the original is the best!
    Mind you I have to say, re Abby’s lab – in the real world you wouldn’t be allowed any food or drink in a lab, everyone would have to wear a lab coat, and I’ve lost track of the other transgressions… cross-contamination!
    Hashimoto, just checkout the Freeview channels.. you can watch episodes from various series.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi juliatogo
    What a good idea, I will put it on my shopping list for the morning, plus I could get ham and similar fillings, my butcher has some really good ham. Thank you.
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi juliatogo
    Plus we haven’t made any bread (I have a bread maker) for weeks, my husband and daughter who’s living with us for a little while, have not been having as much carbs as usual, like your family, husband has lost some weight, daughter not as much, but hey it’s a start for us all. Christine

Please log in or register to post a reply.