My 800 Calorie Summer — Day 1

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

Finished reading the book in the wee hours of the morning/night (I couldn’t sleep so I got up at 3:30 AM to read) For a long time I’ve wondered if I could just follow a very low-cal/post-gastric surgery type diet and have the results without having the surgery — it seems like it IS possible! WooHoo!!

I have a loooong way to go — I’m about 110 pounds overweight. My blood sugar was at the very top end of ‘normal’ last time I had it checked (three? years ago?) It could well be tipped over into the prediabetic range by now, I don’t know. I’m not going to try to find out — I’m just going to make sure I get it going back down. And get rid of this weight. It has to go.

I’m over 50…female…basically ‘retired’ so I have time to focus on myself and my health. No more excuses. This isn’t funny anymore. I’m tired — of everything — of being fat, of finding it hard to buy clothes, of giving excuses why I can’t do this or do that, of being weak and full of pain all the time; even when I sleep everything hurts. My hubby needs to lose some weight too but he’s not quite on board (yet).

I didn’t use to be fat — but somehow I ended up here. Can’t look back and wish things were different — can only MAKE things different through different choices.

For day 1 I’m just focusing on getting 800 calories sorted out — I had 200 cal of soup for lunch and have a meal of fish and steamed vegs planned for later. I didn’t eat breakfast today but I will tomorrow. It’s a holiday weekend here in Canada so I may not post for a couple of days but I will log/track my foods in a notebook. I have a few questions but I’ll come back and ask them on Monday.

The funny (ironic?) thing is, back when I was young I took a two year college program in nutrition. We were taught all the wrong stuff — eat low fat, fill half your plate with grains and starches, if you had to have milk, make it skim. Even the instructor, Mrs. Brown, I’ll never forget her first words to us — “You’re probably wondering why a nutrition instructor is overweight — don’t worry girls, you’ll find out yourselves soon enough.” She was so right.

June 30 — Starting weight: 257.8 lbs
    bust 49 in
    waist 47 in
    hips 52.5 in

~ FuzzyJammies, getting real in Ontario, Canada

• posted by loopylou
    on

HI FuzzyJammies
    I am too just starting out. Got and read the book yesterday and decided to start today , although I was out to lunch today! So I skipped breakfast, had a spinach, bacon and avocado salad for lunch and because I didn’t know how many calories it was, so I played safe and just had a hard boiled egg for dinner (Whilst making chicken thai curry and rice for the rest of the family!)

Have a week to really try and get this sorted then off on a girls weekend away next weekend, but I have decided that there is no good time to start a diet like this, I always have things on, so I will just try my best.

So perhaps we can go on this journey together?

I’m a 49year old woman with about 4 stone to lose. No diabetes but definitely a carb addict.

starting weight 203lbs
    bust 46inches
    waist 41 inches
    thighs 29.5 inches (per thigh that is, I am not an inverted triangle!)

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

Hi, loopylou, nice to meet you! I’m happy to have you along – we can do this!! We HAVE to do this!!

Days 2,3 and 4 I’ve stayed on track – maybe a bit more than 800 calories today but I’m not going to beat myself up about it — the scale is already moving – at least 2 pounds gone! 255.2 today. It hasn’t been hard — as long as I plan what I’m eating. Friday I waited too long to eat something and got tempted to overdo it but just went ahead with my planned meals and got past the urge to stuff myself. I keep telling myself “it’s only 8 weeks — 8 weeks will FLY by in no time”. And hopefully take a good amount of weight with it.

I haven’t started to worry about exercise yet — one big habit change at a time is enough for now. But I am trying to drink lots of water, I know that’s important.

• posted by Uksal
    on

Good morning Fuzzy & Loopy. I too am in my 50’s and looking to get my weight down and stable for good. I’ve lost weight several times over the years yet today am nearly 3 stone overweight. I am 77.5kgs this morning and should be about 55kg. Will look up the lb equivalent later. My husband by comparison struggles to keep his weight up. Interestingly (to me anyway) is he’s always eaten extremely slowly. Anyway I’ll be watching your postings with interest. Good luck. X

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi FuzzyJammies and Uksal
    So it has been a mixed week. I have stuck to the BSD , despite my first social event on Friday night with lots of nibbles (which I studiously avoided), mucho vino (I drove so I would have an excuse not to drink) and a ploughman with lovely crusty French bread, which I also left. I came home feeling very virtuous.

I did a half week review on Saturday and had lost 4 1/2 pounds which I was really pleased with. Then whilst walking the dog I did my back in and had to be rescued by my hubby. Spent the weekend lying flat. Off to see the osteopath today. It has rather impacted on my 10,000 steps, but I am still sticking to the diet, although have had to rely on my family for food,and happily lost another 1 1/2 pounds till this morning. I may be becoming obsessed with the scales, but it’s giving me the motivation I need.

I will repost on Wednesday which is my official one week weigh in.
    I wish you all well this week.x

• posted by Indy
    on

Hello!
    So happy to find this thread – I too just started (on day 6) and am at the beginning of a long journey to get to my goal. I am a 45 y.o. woman, just 1/4 inch shy of 6 ft, and really need to weigh about 5 st less than I do. Not diabetic but blood sugar checks over the last few years def put me in the pre-diabetic range. About 6 years ago, I followed a pretty a strict low carb routine and up-ed my exercise and lost almost 3 st. Kept it off for a few years but then switched jobs and pretty much everything – physical and mental health – fell apart.

I’m out of that job and several months ago went back to low carb + more exercise and dropped 1 st really quickly but stalled out. Saw the book, read it, had hubby (who is type I diabetic) read it, and we committed to start last week (following a two week holiday during which I wish I’d eaten more carbs and appreciated them – I miss them so!).

Finding the plan really great – day 3 was tough but feeling pretty good now. My husband has always been the cook in our home and he is loving the recipes. Just checked the scale and down almost 6 lbs in 6 days and really excited! I feel great, sleeping really well, and after some initial irritability, feel very calm.

Working very hard at being more active but would love any tips you have and would love to stay in touch to have some accountability. The food piece is not a big deal for me – I’m a habit eater so any change, with enough repetition will be feasible. But I must admit I am lazy and can find a million excuses not to exercise. I have been making conscious effort to take stairs everywhere, walk a few miles a day, and get up every half hour. But it is a struggle – would much rather be curled up on a comfy chair reading!

And Loopylou, I think you are very virtuous – I would have caved at the vino (not to mention the’ bread!)! I’m actually staying away from all my friends because wine is a huge part of our social life. I was out walking Sat and passed my best friend’s house and her hubby saw me and offered me a glass – at 11 am!!! Def going to need a plan to avoid the booze if this is going to work!

Keep up the great work all!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi everyone. One week results are in (drum roll please)…,,
    6lbs off
    3 inches off my bust, 1 inch off each thigh, stomach same.

I bought a skirt last week that I couldn’t even get done up. This morning I got it on , although it’s still too tight but things are definitely changing. This is great especially given that since Sat and my back injury I have done no exercise ( getting to and from the loo was all I did for three days). I went to the doc yesterday and got better pain killers and seeing the osteopath again today. I am supposed to be going to Biarritz on Saturday for my once s year weekend away with the girls. Fingers crossed I can still go.

Well done Indy on your results so far. Sounds like you’re doing really well. Sounds like you are exercising. Just keep it up.

FuzzyJammies , how are you getting on?

• posted by Indy
    on

Loopylou, that’s fantastic! Especially when you were off your feet for much of it – nicely done! I can’t believe the changes, inch-wise! You are an inspiration! And I hope you are able to take the trip and enjoy!

I am going to go measure now to get some numbers because I only measured my waist and your results are so exciting that I want to be sure to track all the changes!

My results week 1: down 8.3 lb, 1 inch off the stomach (but a lot to go!). Yesterday was the first day I really felt fantastic and sort of energized – hoping that sticks.

I’ve ordered a Fitbit and should be here Friday – have been walking sooo much and would like to know that it translates to 10,000 steps!

Hope you are all doing well!

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

So, it’s been a crazy couple of weeks – hubby in the hospital twice for two different things, then running around to appointments and tests with him…lots of eating out.. Tried to make ‘good’ choices but not always possible. Probably averaged around 1000 calories per day and very little real exercise.

But I’m down two more pounds and a couple of inches so I’m happy. 🙂

I had a chocolate chip cookie a couple of days ago and honestly, I didn’t like it. It was soft and chewy…..and blah! it was so heavy in my stomach! I regretted having to count the calories for it, but it’s a lesson — I don’t need that stuff! I don’t even truly miss that stuff, I just think I do.

Hubby is off work for the moment – partly due to illness, but he’s taking it as vacation. So I may cheat a little – it wouldn’t be summer vacation without a trip to our favourite fish and chips spot. As long as I’m losing *something* I’m not going to beat myself up if I don’t end up losing 40 pounds in 8 weeks. It’s more about changing my habits — not reaching for snacks when I’m bored. I’ve gotten so many little projects done around the house lately because I try to keep busy rather than just munching on something.

So, 18 crazy days and 4.5 pounds, so far!

• posted by Indy
    on

Good for you, FuzzyJammies!

It sounds like you have been through a lot – well done not gaining anything and actually losing with all that stress! That’s no small feat! I hope you really enjoy those fish and chips – sounds lovely!

Changing your habits is the big win and I’m sure as things calm down for you all the work to make those changes will continue to make a difference. You are absolutely right not to beat yourself up – you are moving in the right direction and that’s not easy when you have all these stresses at the same time. Not only don’t beat yourself up – congratulate yourself!

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

Another week done, and another pound gone! I don’t weigh myself every day anymore so I wasn’t sure what to expect when I stepped on the scale. I thought I might be ‘up’ because I’m feeling a little bloated – but I’m down a pound. I’m happy! I cheated one day – we were out driving to a place a couple of hours away so we ate fast food for lunch and then came home and barbequed hamburgers because it was so hot and I didn’t want to heat up the kitchen. I thought all those carbs would take my weight in the wrong direction but it didn’t. I won’t do that too often, though.

How are you doing, Indy? Is your fitbit motivating you? And loopylou, haven’t heard from you in a bit — let us know how you’re doing!

• posted by Indy
    on

Hello FuzzyJammies!

Good for you and for us both that we are still on track! I was happy to see your message and your results – it’s always nice to have good surprises on the scale!

My Fitbit is definitely motivating me – it reminds me every hour to get moving and I love the buzzing it does when I hit 10,000 steps…which I have (at least) every day since I got it except two when I couldn’t get out because of work commitments. And it has been soooo humid here – a few days I really wanted to skip it.

Still sticking very closely to the diet and tracking what I eat and water, but hit a plateau this week: the same weight for about four days! Very frustrating! But just this morning I got down a bit and hope it’s the start of good things – I’m doing everything I’m supposed to so it has to work, right? 😊

Tomorrow is the beginning of week 5, FuzzyJammies!!! That is halfway there!

I have lost 18.5 pounds total on the diet (and 30.9 since 5 Jan) and haven’t the first clue about inches because I get radically different answers every time I measure. My clothes fit much better (some will have to go soon because they are too big!) and I’m starting to wear things I haven’t been able to get into for years, so that will be enough for me.

But my Fitbit reminds me I want to lose another 60 pounds, so there is much more work to do! At least I believe it can be done now!

Let’s stick to it, FuzzyJammies! Have things calmed down a bit for you? Are you finding it easier going? I hope so!

• posted by loopylou
    on

I am still here. It’s just I am in Portugal at the mo. Very nice and hot. I am not bothering too much with 800 calories while I am away but am eating low carb. It’s just I find it a struggle not to have a glass of wine which then turns into several more! Hope it won’t do too much damage to the scales when I get home!
    I have lost 10-11 pounds, but plateaued at that weight for an entire week which was frustrating.
    But I am sticking with it. Well done Indy. Fantastic results. On your say so I have bought a fit bit. It is definately motivating.
    Fuzzy Jammie’s, it seems like you are going through a lot at the moment so sny loss is a real achievement. Good on you.
    I will post again when I get home.

• posted by Indy
    on

Hello ladies!

I had en exciting milestone – over the 20 lb lost mark here in the midst of week 5! And yesterday, 2 people told me I looked “skinny” (which is only relatively true, not absolutely true as I am still *WELL* over the 200 lb mark) and 3 others told me how “great” I look!

Two days this week I had commitments in the early evening which threw off my walking so I went out at 10 pm and walked to get the 10,000 in – feeling pretty proud of myself!

And perhaps more importantly, I’m starting to crave walking instead of food! I really look forward to it and (a funny unexpected benefit) feel much better connected to my neighborhood – I see so many people regularly while walking and love the little waves and smiles from them!

My final thought on this happy morning is that I also feel much more in control of my life. I have now been in many situations where beer/wine is offered and have declined and, when questioned about the not-drinking, have simply explained the diet and what I’m doing – and it doesn’t embarrass me at all anymore to talk about it. I don’t feel ashamed of my appearance, deprived, or sorry for myself. I feel like I’m giving myself a present every single day!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Congratulations Indy. Fabulous results both physically and psychologically. Isn’t it lovely to get compliments.
    On the down side I jumped into the pool with my Fitbit on and it’s stopped working! I had only had it a week or so!
    I am hoping the scales are kind to me when I get home.

• posted by Frog
    on

don’t give up on the fitbit – I put my pedometer thought the washing machine hot cycle in the week, had almost given up on it, but one final try this morning and it’s working.
    Try and dry it out ASAP (hairdryer, but not too hot?) Remove batteries first, and any covers or anything detachable that may be trapping water inside.
    If none of that works, at least if it looks dry you can return it and look innocent when you say you have no idea why its stopped working!

Many years ago I knocked diet coke over a keyboard – the IT department kept saying “it’s very sticky, are you sure that you didn’t spill anything on it?”

• posted by Starcyl
    on

Put your fitbit into a bag of rice, it will draw out the moisture. It works with a mobile phone so should work with that too.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Thanks for the advice. I have tried drying my fit bit out in the sun and in rice but unfortunately it really does seem to have died. I am now waiting to see what the nice people at Fitbit say.
    I had to retie my shorts this morning as they were falling down. I am hoping this is a good sign. I am looking forward to and dreading getting on my scales in equal measure. Looking forward to seeing if I have lost weight while I’ve been away but dreading that I might have to cope with a gain.
    Tuesday morning will be my scale verdict for better or worse.

• posted by Avila
    on

Aug 1st is my start day – I have planned this carefully over a couple of weeks, read the book, looked up the recipes and generated a 4 week menu cycle.

I am only 41 but on blood pressure meds for past 2 years, I am 5ft 10 so a lot of space to spread the nearly 16 stone over, so can pretend it doesn’t look too bad – but I am in the obese category with my BMI. I am not currently diabetic but high risk.

The set menu is my way of helping me to stick to it in food prep, I get decision paralysis and end up retreating with instant calorie fixes instead of proper meals. That is partly to do with the depression I live with, and being just the dog and I means no-one to nag me to proper eating. So setting a rule ahead for what I eat in a day should bypass the decision problems.

This plan will (I hope) discipline me to eat at regular times 3 meals a day as well as being healthy and lose weight. So hoping to kick start good habits but with enough reward to help me stay with it.

Gone from the exciting project, clear fridge and go healthy shopping (no biscuits fell in the trolley!) enthusiasm to the uh-oh deadline day feeling. I am also kicking the booze in the same process.

Good to have a friendly forum here to get support and encouragement. I feel as if I am on the edge of the pool looking in and reading posts on here is like hearing people in the pool saying ‘come in, the water’s ok’

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi Avila. Come on in. The water is ok.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi everyone. I’m back from holiday and pleased to say that I lost weight whilst I was away (despite the wine). Only a pound but a pound is a pound right? so a total loss now of 12.5 pounds. I am home for the next two weeks so I am going to really stick to Bsd while I am here. I need to lose another 1.5 pounds so I can get to a stone loss. Roll on week 6.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

2 pounds a week is great. Keep up the enthusiasm! I hate traveling anywhere because the urge to eat other things when out of town. Very frustrating for me going to these conventions or speaking engagements.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hello everybody
    Well it’s six weeks in and it’s been a mixed week. I completely fell off the wagon on my return from holiday, had a three day binge on chocolate and then got back on the wagon and was very strict with myself. Despite this I still have an overall loss. (Phew!)
    loss this week: 2 pounds
    Overall loss 14.5 pounds – yes that’s over a stone. I am really pleased
    bust 43″ – 3 inches down
    waist 39″ – 2 inches down
    each thigh 25.5″ – thats 4 inches off each thigh.

I shall endeavour to have a good week. I was surprised at how easy it is to allow those calories and carb counts to creep up when you are not measuring and recording everything.

On the plus side (yes the other plus side), the nice people at fitbit managed to get my fitbit restarted, despite its dip in the pool, so I am logging steps again. I am not always managing 10,000 but at least it keeps me aware of where I am.

• posted by Indy
    on

Ah, Loopylou I was thinking about you and your Fitbit the other day when I was walking and wondered if they’d fixed it for you. Great news! And well done losing during the post-holiday, even with the chocolate binge (which I must admit made me a little jealous)! Those are fantastic results (and the inches – that must translate to a lot of loose clothes)!

I was at a conference over the weekend and was really careful about food, but far less careful about booze. I did have a few glasses of wine over a few days (and, probably worse, some bourbon) but I definitely tried to keep it in check. I also made sure to exercise during the breaks, so I think that helped keep things on the right path.

I’m very happy with the results as we begin week 7 and pretty sure I want to stick to the program post-week 8 because I’m still well shy of where I want to end up. I am back into suits that I haven’t been able to wear in two or three years (people keep asking me why I’m all dressed up at work – apparently, when I gained weight, I also became less formal in my dress – yikes!) and that is a lot of fun!

But I have had a few cravings in the past week for actual bread and wondering if those kind of cravings will ever go away! I hope so! I know I’m over 800 calories every day, in part because the calorie counts in the recipes are off (book vs. Fitbit app) but also because I’ve been cheating on milk in coffee. I’m upping my exercise to offset it, but as long as I’m losing, I’m not going to worry about that – a little milk in my coffee hardly seems like the worst sin, especially relative to what I used to eat!

My total loss at the end of six weeks is 27.7 lbs which makes me very happy, but it’s really sobering to think that I’ve now lost 40 lbs since the beginning of the year and my goal is still more than 50 lbs away. I’m hopeful that I’ve got the self-discipline and diligence to stick with it all the way through, but there have been days this past week where I’m a little nervous that I’m not quite that tough and that no matter how good I feel right now, this will be one more case of significant loss that gets reversed in a few years. That prospect makes me sad!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Indy

I have like you a lot more to loose, I tackle it by just thinking about now and today, yesterday has gone and tomorrow, hasn’t happened, I can do this plan for one day, I wake up new day, knowing I can do this for one day, just keep repeating until we get to the stage of week 32 where captainlynne is 82 lbs down . It will be simple, not easy sometimes but simple. So worth it to lengthen our life span by getting this bag of meat that we are in charge of to health. Keep going. It’s the only thing that makes sense. We are all with you .😊😊😊

• posted by loopylou
    on

Wow Indy your losses are absolutely amazing. It must feel so good to get positive comments. I don’t think my weight loss is showing yet.
    I will be carrying on after 8 weeks. I am only 25% of where I want to be 42 lbs still to lose so we can continue this journey together.
    Your smart suits comment made me laugh. Isn’t it funny how our self image affects what we feel comfortable wearing.
    As to the bread cravings, I don’t know if they will go. Maybe one day you should try a small piece (and count it in your carbs) and you may find it not as satisfying or nice as you thought.
    Don’t be jealous of my chocolate binge. I didn’t really enjoy it, just couldn’t stop it! Also, I have had a really bad headache for the last three days, just like I did at the beginning of BSD. I think it’s sugar withdrawal!
    By the way, I also have milk in my coffee. I just add it in to my calorie and carb count.
    Good luck for week 7.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I Love the name of yr thread and i Love yr name FUZZYJAMMIES!
    Too tired to read it all now but will be back to catch up with all yr news! X

• posted by Indy
    on

Words of wisdom, GreenJanet, and I appreciate them! One day at a time is the way to go, and Captainlynne is a great source of inspiration, isn’t she?

Just calculated all my miles from the past 5 weeks (didn’t get the Fitbit until the middle of second week) and I’ve walked more than 220 miles! Now I’m calculating all the different places that would get me to from my home address.

Hope your headaches have passed, LoopyLou! You have convinced me on the dangers of the chocolate binge, but I still like to daydream for myself about a pizza binge. Or a mac ‘n cheese binge. Or a beer binge! Or pizza AND beer…

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi everyone. Are you still out there? I am back from Norway and had a break from BSD for the time I as there and for the few days I have been home.
    I am trying to start my second 8 weeks with renewed commitment and fortitude. I have been reading the posts on here about people with amazing losses and really want that to be me.
    I am at home now for this 8 weeks apart from one long weekend trip at the end of September so am really going to give it a bash.
    All support and kind words gratefully received.

Off to retread the book!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi LOOPYLOU welcome back…hope you had a lovely time in Norway! Did you manage to keep the weight you previously lost off? I doubt you put it all back on,so this time round youre already at an advantage as you restart! Good luck..onwards and downwards! X

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

Hey everybody! Our summer has been crazy – hubby is still not well – heart troubles and kidney problems – he’s been off work a lot – with lots of trips to doctors out of town, which means a lot of take-out meals… My focus for the last 3 or 4 weeks has been to just maintain and I’ve been successful in not regaining what I’ve already lost.

I love the idea of a second 8 weeks! kind of a good way to re-start the process and not feel like a failure and not be overwhelmed by a year-long process.

I’ve lost 10 pounds so far since I started here but when I looked at my fitbit stats I realized that I’m really down 26 pounds since January so I’m trying to be happy with my success and not look at how far I still have to go (I need to lose another 100 pounds)(sigh).

This week I plan to get back to basics – I like the idea of re-reading the book, too, I’ll do that as well!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Nice to hear from you all. Yes Yowzer I am still at a stone lost so all good there. I had lost a bit more but put a few pounds back on .

Fuzzyjammies shall we be adventurous and join the other thread?

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

March 2023
    Looking back to 2016 I went off-track shortly after the summer of 2016 and didn’t find my way back to ‘dieting’ for a long while, at least not for any serious length of time. I never ended up doing a second cycle of the 8weeks (although I really should have!). My weight bounced between 250s and 240s with brief excursions into the 230s, and once into the 220s, but I always lost steam and regained.

In 2020 I ‘started again’ (for the 11millionth time) using SparkPeople (SP) and lost about 20 pounds – and got derailed due to some family stuff — and started AGAIN in 2021 but was thrown into a bad spiral when SP announced they were closing forever. I managed to pick myself up AGAIN AGAIN in March of 2022 and I’ve been steadily losing weight ever ever since, using intermittent fasting and lower-carb meals.

Today I weigh 193 (down from my highest weight of 284 in 2013, and down from 246 last March) with my goal being to get to 146 eventually. I’ve lost 19 inches in the last year and am down from my highest size 28 to 16Plus. My goal weight jeans (size 14) almost fit so I may have to set a lower goal soon, (and buy a new pair of goal-weight jeans, woohoo!).

The last three weeks, however, my weight has plateaued: bouncing between 192 and 195 — so I think it’s time to ‘shock’ my body a bit and do the 8 week diet again – I lost 20 pounds the first time I did the 8weeks; I can’t expect to lose quite so much this time, I don’t think, but any loss would be better than staying where I am! I am pulling out the book today and refreshing my memory of how it worked for me. A 20-pound loss would get me slightly more than three-quarters of the way to my final goal.

It was Dr. Mosley’s BBC show “Eat, Fast and Live Longer” that I found online that got me started and taught me that I don’t have to tie myself in knots trying to do fancy meal plans, or exercise for hours and hours in order to lose weight. Intermittent fasting and lower carb will be my ‘diet’ for the rest of my life.

If you’re ‘starting over’ again, like me, know that you’re not alone – and we can do this!
    FuzzyJammies in Canada 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Fuzzy, strange that you passed me by as I also started in June 2016 and reading through your old thread brings back memories of Greenjanet and captainlynne, wonder where they are now.

So, welcome back. Yes it is harder, I think that is because you don’t get the same adrenalin boost when you are doing something for the second time. I too was a member of SP and sorry to see it go. It is still there but it is a paid-for site now and I’m too cheap to pay for anything.

There is a weekly thread called Onward into March and re-started every Tuesday so we can reset our goals with renewed enthusiasm.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome back Fuzzy and good luck! I started BSD july 2016 and lost a lot of weight….sadly put lots back on over the next almost 7 years. I too think its more difficult next time round,but i think it can be done. Im working on the emotional issues that led to weight gain/ regaining,i know until i do that,i’ll always tend to use food as a crutch.
    S-G! Me too! 2016 memories! ❤️ I often wonder how Cap’n is doing and Greenjanet was one of my fave people! Also Lucky Maneki and many more. Good to see old names here like Frog and Indy!
    Have a great week folks! X

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

Hi SunshineGirl and Yowzer – thankyou for your replies. I’m so happy to see you both! I had great intentions of coming back here every day to update but I’ll need to write myself a note to remind me! I will check out the weekly thread, that sounds like a good place to be involved in.

I had a doctor’s appointment a couple days ago and my liver ALT numbers were much improved – still a bit too high for my liking but much better than 6 months ago and heading in the right direction so my fasting/lower carb life is working. I think this 8 week ‘sprint’ of even-lower carbs will help my numbers improve even more.
    Today I’m (finally) down 2 pounds – from 193 to 191 lbs – after the scale has been bouncing between 195-193 for the past three weeks. I’m eating 800 calories (at most), usually only eating once a day unless I have meds to take, and I’m still fasting 3 days a week, unless my weight stalls out again. I may ditch the fasting and just do 800 calories, I’ll have to see how it goes. I’m hoping I can lose 12 to 14 pounds in the next couple of months. That would get me firmly into the 170s (171 would be three-quarters of my 100 pound weight loss goal).

I’m looking for InstantPot recipes so I can make some nutritious low-cal soups; if anyone has suggestions I’d be happy to ‘hear’ them 🙂
    Take care!

on

Ask again on the weekly thread, you will probably get more responses. There is also a thread about soups, if I can find it I will bump it to the top.

on

Just tried to bump the soup thread but it didnt do anything. My instant pop recipes are things like mince and various veg i.e. bolognaise, chilli etc or beef with veg.

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

Thanks sunshine, I will look for a soups thread 🙂

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

A day late for my weekly check-in but better late than never. It may sound weird but I think stress has been messing with me. Today is the first time in a long time that I don’t have mild anxiety pain – and today I’m down a pound, onto a new digit – 190, finally! Only down one pound from last week but it’s a win, even if it’s only a slight win. One less pound to deal with!

I’ve been adding a couple of fasting days in amongst the very-low-calorie/low-carb days with the hope that I can smash through the 190s and get into the 180s asap. I”m just glad I’ve broken through the plateau that I’ve been on for a month (or more). I still haven’t given up having honey in my herbal tea. I try to only have tea when I’m eating other foods so it isn’t spiking my insulin/blood sugar all by itself but I should probably get serious about eliminating the honey altogether.

Hubby is on day 10 of strictly keto eating and down almost three pounds – he’s been ruthless about eliminating sugars/starches/carbs. He was frustrated that he hadn’t seen a loss yet so I told him I didn’t think he was eating enough – I made him some ground beef with onions and tomato last night as a ‘snack’ and this morning his weight has finally shifted in the right direction! So we’re both going the right way and hope to be where we want to be by early autumn.

I hope by next check-in to be well and truly in the 180s, never to see 190s again! (crossing my fingers) 🙂
    Keep on doing what you have to do, everyone, the results will come!

• posted by FuzzyJammies
    on

Ugh – the post above should’ve been in the weekly update thread 😛

on

Cut and paste it

Please log in or register to post a reply.